BEST BETS - 2019

Todman
Good punting in 2019

MR8 Goethe - EW $11 & $3.50
You need to Login to Post a Answer in the Forum

Randwick Race 7 no 4     Word For Word

Looked unlucky last start.

Thanks Todman, 

I black booked  Vega One after it ran 2nd to Plague Stone on 20 April 2019. So then I watched it's two runs this time in. Then it drew barrier 2 and with M Rodd on board, all the stars were aligned.

Unfortunately the stars don't seem to line up very often.

good grief - at last some action on this thread, and a winner at that - good stuff Euraman

I'll have a go with Eagle Farm race 7 no3 Vega One who impressed me last start. Good draw with M Rodd riding. 

good luck

Well xmas is fast approaching, and i can see from some of  the tips on here a lot of you struggle, so im here to give you a hand, all at Eagle farm

r1 Press start

r3 Amicitia

r4 Alward

r7 Brains/magstock

r10 Frangipani moon.

Saturday NZ Ellerslie R8 #6 Sorrentina $8.50/$2.90

FRI MR4 Fill The Flute $6

as with the ruffies thread, I have not posted here for a while - so here goes

MR10 The Bostonian $6.50 - meets Trekking on better weight terms than in Brisbane - the 1200m suits and the barrier of 3, is a big plus.

Noted your tips guys

my groupies tip - humidor (mystic journey)

the groupies thread is not working

Trying to post Mystic Journey as Groupie's tip with no success.

Best bet anyway.

SR9 Miss Fabulass EW  $7 & $2.50 - she had a poor prep in autumn but her spring form last year sees her win this

disregard previous post - should have been ib ruffies thread

forgot my best for the day 

Cairns 

R7 Follow Suit $34 & $8 - price is way overs 

BR9 Care To Think - $15 & $4.60 - not really betting against the field here, just the success of his op and recovery time - he has lengths on this field

for Saturday - posting early as this horse surely start in single figure odds

SR7 Desert Path - $19 & $5 - an each way special - $26 powered odds - sweet

Wodonga R8. 12. Libertys Gift.

GL,

Joe

Grafton Cup

Exoteric - meets the fave far better at weights on last start, and the slow 6 track will suit him better also - $9.50 & $3

blowing a little so he may not be the good bet that I predicted

Flemington Race 8 Horse 2 Hellova Street - currently $8.50 and $3.00. Goes well second up; great record track and journey, likes soft. The only other on-pacer

in the race is Holbien so I'm hoping he takes a sit. They won't go too hard. Backing on a 1 by 3 basis. Good punting. 

Eagle Farm 9 Brave Song. Form terrific - narrowly beaten by Stradbroke winner twice recently, well drawn, Shinn firing, into $3.30 now.

BR4 Plumaro - from the inside, I am hoping for a gun ride by Tim  - $20 & $4.40

MR9 Smart Elissim - $12 & $3.80

as per my post in the ruffie's thread, I am taking a break

SR7 Sweet Scandal - $12 & $3.80

BR9 Libran - $10 & $3.80

SR5 Legislation - $13 & $4 - 2nd up form not flash but 2 of 3 starts were over greater distances and the other on a heavy track

flemo race 6 no 13 mumbles like this horse just doesn't win enough, today the day

Asccot Race 7 no. 1 New Age

Caulfield Race 2 no 1 Mandela Effect

Morphettville Race 5 no 7 Gytrash

good punting

today in the Wangoom - race 8 at the Bool

Bryan - $23 was avail earlier today - best current odds are on TAB NSW & QLD - $19 & $5 - likely to shorten dramatically

Pikey, I believe was brought over particularly for this ride, and Bryan has the right profile for this race.

Tonight Pakenham R8 Mellors - $4.80.

Has been ultra consistent for sometime - just out of maiden class, but his rating suggests he can go on with it.

Good work Todman. I watched the race and Mellors ran a tough on-speed race to win.

BR10 Capital Connection - $6.50 & $2.40 - he is ultra consistent & competitive and from the inside draw, should at least place and probably will win

And again Euraman. Nice.

keep it up guys - so nice results there

This is a big call, but I reckon she will place, and can win and win well - all she has to do is get the 3200m

SR8 Rondinella

posted this yesterday, but has not made it through

SR5 Libran - the best each way bet of day in my book - I got boosted odds of $11.50 & $3.68

Syeston and Euraman on a roll.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers, Loges.

Missed this last week, well done Sydeston and Euraman with Mandela Effect and Sydeston with Lady Pluck today.

Caulfield Race 5 Horse 5 Lady Pluck

Sticking with the Brunton stable. She has improved markedly this preparation. Last year she ran third at her first start in Melbourne (in a listed race) down the straight.

Took $4.20 yesterday - I see she's in to $3.00 now. May get better.

Hellover Street better at Flemington but will go close nevertheless - will back EW 1/3.

Ascot Race 3 no 8 Catherine Wheel

Impressive last start on wrong side of Pinjarra straight.

good luck

Rand R3 No1 Princess Jenni.
R6 No12 Loving Gaby.
Both look like they will appreciate the Jump in distance.

Cheers, loges.

A pleasure loges2. They are hoping to get him out to 2000 metres so probably 1600 next start.

I'll be on again.

cheers

Thanks, Sydeston and Euraman for the Mandela Effect tip and info, nice start to the day.
Have black-booked it, very consistent and should be capable of winning more races.

Cheers, Loges.

Bendigo Race 1 no.2 Mandela Effect
Rosehill Race no.2 Daysee Doom

Bendigo R7, Zebulon, keeps running the good race that says 'next time'. Looking for 1600 and might be suited by drawing out and the change of jockey? Last chance!!

Cheers, Loges.

Bendigo Race 1 Horse 2 Mandela Effect.

The stable entered him in a Benchmark 90 on this programme as well. He didn't get in so is racing in the back-up, a BM78. Should be something to back as they thought he had a big chance in the stronger race. Currently $6.00 and $2.20 or thereabouts. Drawn wide but gets back anyway - came from near last on the turn to win at Caulfield in 2018. Never runs badly - get on.

Not sure about Best Bet, but amazed I got $11 for Harlem in R2 Rosehill Saturday. Maybe I'm missing something here? Certainly not suggesting it will be easy, but surprised at the price.

Good luck Todman, hope one of us is right, that'll be my early quinella.

I put this in the Ruffies thread, though at $11, probably doesn't qualify. Really hoping to kickstart the day with a win, quietly confident.

SR1 Into The Abyss @ $11

I'm against you, Ramses.

My best value for the day is in this race.

SR1 Serene Miss - $11 & $3.30 - unbeaten 2nd up - good barrier - unbeaten on slow track - should posi closer than last start

I had a couple e/w on Plein Ciel. Last time I think.

P.S. Well done on the quaddie last week Tod.

Melb R7. ZEBULON was a shade unlucky the last start, meets a couple of rivals with a turn around on weights, plus should be fitter 3rd up. $6.50 plus Multiplier with TAB.

Cheers, loges.

Thanks, Lostclarity, that wasn't my intention and I doubt Todman would have seen it as such!
I was just pointing out that he had the courage to go the full 100% while I had it for a mere 18%?

But coming from a teacher, I will keep that in mind!

Cheers, Loges.

Have few

BR6 Hallelujah Boy
BR10 Tawfiq Boy

SR1 Paret

MR4 Beauty
MR5 - pretty sure a Williams horse will win so back one and save on other - Dialectic has stable jock, Belgravia has a claim jock

MR7 Plein Ciel - stable gets them going fresh

That's a big result, Todman!
I had it for just over 18%, was easy once Harlem saluted. Happy Days...

Cheers, Loges.

Why don't you let him have his day without you standing up there on the victory dais with him?

Nice one with Harlem Todman

Todman, well done with Harlem.
Great tipping!!

Cheers, Loges...

thanks loges - I been travelling poorly with my ruffies, so I decided to give it a miss today - I still backed Harlem which I tipped in its previous start - in fact I got the Melb quadie on NSW TAB - my biggest win ever

That's a great effort, Todman. Was it 100%?

100% plus a 10% multiplier

Great tipping Todman. I would have had the quaddie too if Shillelagh hadn't weakened.

Good luck Todman. Tomorrow Newcastle Newmarket -

R7 Lanciato $6

probably too late for this to get posted, but I only just did the form

SR2 Santos - $10 & $3.10 - looks a real special - his last 2 first up runs at this track and distance, wins this race

Thanks Hands N Heels. I suppose he also has to overcome the poor record of first uppers in the Newmarket. Redkirk Warrior was the first for 100 years or thereabouts.

Osborne Bulls is back into $3.90 now on UBET and Supertab but $4.00 available on WA TAB (TABTouch).

Hard to see Avilius getting beaten too.

Been burnt a bit on this one, but should go close today

MR9 Sheezdashing $10 & $2.80

Mystic Journey in the Guineas.

Hoping The Inevitable runs into the first four too.

Wednesday-
BR7 Hirtshals $7

Expect to be hard to beat 1st up and a 3kg claim.

SR4 My Psychiatrist - $7.50 & $2.45

SR9 Albumin - a quick back up and drop in grade should see him take a good sit on speed - would like to see a track upgrade and beware if inside is a no go zone - $9 & $3

SR5 Noire - $7 & $2.15 - up against a hot fave, but she has the runs on the board, and I can't see her missing a place

SR9 Girl Tuesday

Cheers on Our Gravano Todman - Friday night and the missus was out so very handy collect

for what it is worth I'm going to have a go on

AR4 - Balf's Choice
AR7 - All Carisma

PR 7 - Fire and Rain

Osborne Bulls in the Newmarket, Saturday. It's $3.50 now so I'm on already. The more you put on the more you win. Was there ever a greater certainty at that price...

Agree with you LC but it's out to $4.50 on UBET. The near capacity field and its quality means it may get even longer.

I will be backing it and Santa Ana Lane.

Sydeston

Re SAL, I wouldn't have any reservations normally but this from Freedman late last month suggests the TJ Smith is the real target.

"He's having another jump-out on Wednesday at Balnarring with the potential of running in the Newmarket maybe as a good first-up point.
He probably can't win it first-up but he's going really well.

He'll head towards the TJ Smith and then look at possibly Hong Kong and Royal Ascot if he's going well," Freedman said.

Sadly, the normally dreadful Sydney Autumn Carnival weather may play a role too.

Pakenham tonight

R6 Savvy Oak - $6.50 - has accepted several times recently without starting - ran some good races in listed and group class last spring, and 1600m fits his profile - if he is ready, he should romp this in

I can never do that right... definitely the worst in the state at getting the timing right. Yesterday $3.50, today when the TAB market reopened, $4.60. I need psychiatric assistance.

On the bright side I cannot see him getting beaten. :)

Elwick tonight - Race 9 Horse 8 - Monmouth.

Will race on the pace and will be hard to get past. Fitness levels went up last start and at peak now. About $4.00.

Randwick Race 7 Horse 4 - Flow. All 5 wins over 1400 and Bowman won't hurt.

Not far off there Todman - a good effort.

BR4 Malvern Estate - $3.70 - good 1st up in tougher race

SATURDAY

MR1 Cool Chap - he has not won for over 16 months but has generally been racing in better company - 3rd up stats are good and barrier and distance should see him settle on pace - meets the fave 2kgs better from last start, plus the fave has a tricky draw - $8.50 looks good

TONITE

SR8 Our Gravano - $9.50 & $3.010 - at EW, he is a certain place, in my book' he has a top winning chance

tonight

MR7 Fell Swoop - will have fitness and alley 1, plus a great jock on board - handles the valley well - $8

I Am Immortal

BR9 Shogun Sun - currently $8.50 & $2.80 but may get better later, particularly on tote. Was 3rd up last year in the Guineas and had a load of bad luck - his stats, when drawn an alley, are good - he just needs a good ride to be right in this - Avdulla will be better primed for this good ride after last start.

Talkback Forum

Racing And Sports offers our users the chance to get involved with spirited discussion about major racing issues on your Talkback Forum. They may include chatter about racing matters, issues relating to the website, sporting conversation, betting matters and more. Please be aware that Racing And Sports now moderates Talkback to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to. The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing And Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users.

Latest Posts