2021 Ruffies &/or Best Bets

Todman

Ruffies and Best Bets for 2021

You need to Login to Post a Answer in the Forum

A great shame to be pipped at the post at such a big price, when you 've annihilitated the rest of the field. Top stuff Tod.

Oldman, my bro got $81 & $18, so for him, it was extra sweet

Nice one Todman, almost got there but the place paid well enough.

mr4 Constantinople - can't possibly tip this on form, but I received a tip from a reliable source that today's his day - down in class is the only plus - not intending to come back early from a spell, so good luck if you have a go at him

sorry Branded, I am out spelling, at this time

Tod,Waiting for some ruffles.

I need money for dentures so I can eat my Christmas Turkey.

if I was having a punt today, I would be having a go at Order Again 

well that's me for the year - good punting to all contributors on this thread

MR4 Decent Raine Win @$7 still waiting to get out last start. Winner since won again.

MR7 Vassilator EW @$26 horses for courses in an open race. Last run suggested may be recapturing form, winner won again on Cup day.

MR9 Schwoon EW @$41 held up then squeezed late in a 64 rater last time (after winning it's Maiden at start # 1) but hit the line well in spite of it. Looks progressive and fancy it down the straight and on dry (hopefully) first time in a race of no superstars. 

after weeks of inglorious tipping, I am having a final fling (if unsuccessful) for 2021

MR1 Beaufort Park - went ok last start - same jock plus extra 100m and more give in ground - $36 & $6.50

MR5 Vanna Girl - she hasn't really reproduced the form 2020, but ran a few decent races this year and was good in this race last year - has a good barrier plus I think this distance suits her now as a 5year old - Bossy is on and it is his only ride for the day so perhaps he can turn his ordinary form around - $21 & $5.50

MR7 Archedemus - $13 & $4 - 4th start back and has been going ok - if he can get an easy lead, I think he can win this by lengths 

MR9 Legionnaire - $31 & $8 - his first up runs at shorter distances have been good and if the outside of the straight is the place to be, he can figure

SR5 Birdonawinningpost - $31 & $8 - she has been up a long time, but continues to race well - should race forward from good alley and her fitness could get her across the line

SR6 Toostar - pity about the wide draw, but she can go forward to offset it - $41 & $9

SR7 Cannonball - $27 & $6.50 - stable must fancy his chances and his 1st up run behind the supposed best 2 yr old in Melb was solid

SR8 Polly Grey - a top class mare whose fresh form is only fair, but if this million dollar race has been targeted then she can run over them - $19 & $4.80

SR10 Snowfire - $21 & $5 - forgive his run last start and she just about wins this 

BR7 Hallowed Girl - $19 & $4.60 - another who has a good chance if you forgive her last start

BR8 Dr Why Not - $27 & $7 - he is 2 from 2 2nd up and goes ok at this track - I would hope he goes forward and crosses the field early

Geelong R7 - Under Oath - had a 7 week break since his poor run in Adelaide - at $46, he is worth a throw at the stumps

after weeks of inglorious tipping, I am having a final fling (if unsuccessful) for 2021

MR1 Beaufort Park - went ok last start - same jock plus extra 100m and more give in ground - $36 & $6.50

MR2 Kiss and Cry - a pity there are only 7 runners - $61 & $19 is her right price but I am backing her astute trainer, the jock and the wet track plus the long Flemington Straight, to make a difference from her last start run, where she finished over 5 lengths behind Sirileo Miss (who she meets on 2.5kgs better terms and a more favourable alley - her previous 2 runs were ok 

Bugger, missed your Sat tips Euraman. Great work. Hope you cleaned up 

BR1- Legalese

MR2- Savvy Valentino

Hope everyone has an enjoyable day and fattens the wallet

Thanks Todman

Euraman, great tipping

Also Gold Coast Race 8 no 2 Happy a Babe(14/3.40)

good luck

Ascot Race 5 no 9 God Has Chosen($2.15) short but put the writing on the wall last start for new trainer L Smith.

Not then Toddy, always seems my horses pop up and win next start.

Hinksy, I hope you followed Just Folk today

MR9 Charms Star - an extreme ruffie in the CC

Cheers Euraman, got the last one badly wrong though.

MR3 - Mister Me

MR9 - The Chosen One

SR7 - Eduardo

BR3 - Group Think

Great days racing 

Nice start to the day Ramses.

SR1 - Lord Desanimaux

SR3 - Dream Runner

MR8 - Alpine Edge

Good luck all

MR3 Wisdom of Water

SR3 Cognac

Flem R8 - Miami Bound Soft Track, fitter for recent racing.

another extreme ruffie 

SR9 Dashing Willoughby - placing a bit of trust in the trainer, plus the addition of blinkers and Nash - given that he sped to the lead in last years Caulfield Cup, after knuckling at the start, he should be able to lead this field - the big improvement may come from better fotness and the good track - $101 & $26 currently avail

MR3 Stalking @ $13 & $4, she is my best for the day

MR6 Snickerdoodledandy - while I have a very healthy respect for Mystic Journey, the $26 & $7 on offer is too good to pass up

SR7 Chill - her effort last start to finish 2.5 lengths behind 2 of the fav's in this race was solid. She was allowed to drift back from her good draw. From her inside draw, I am hoping she will sit near the lead and not spend any gas until well into straight. This may allow her to stick on better. At $81 & $18 she appears worth a small wager

Randwick

R1 2,5

R2 2,9

R3 9

R4 2,10

R5 7,8

R6 6,10

R7 8,9,11

Geelong

R1 7

R2 7

R3 6

R4 10

R5 10,11

R6 4,10

R7 6,9

R8 9,11

Back any over $8

She zed so $26

Others no good

Couple more

R7 Helenes era course form $6.60.$11 .

R9 Storms Colours. Good track/dist. Rated $6.60. $8.50

R6 punfnstuf. Goes well track and distance. $13. Got 63kgs but weak field.

R7 femme American placed 2/3 1st up. $51 is overs

R8 red robin $18. Placed at track, 2nd up and won distance.

R9 Kobe Princess good 2nd up form. Likes the track. $21 is overs.

R6 1,11,12 value

R7 11 value

R8 4,11,14 value

R9 6,7 value

Kilmore r6

1 $10

6 $10

11 $10

12 $7

R7

1 $10

5 $10

11 $10

R8

3 $10

4 $10

11 $10

14 $7

R9

4 $10

6 $7

7 $10

8 $10

well Jumbo Prince ran true to form and he is definitely a light of other days - maybe, when he gets fitter, the jumps will be his go

Jumbo Prince - an absolute bolter today in the Coleraine Cup - his terrible effort last start has him at 200 to 1 - 2 starts back he ran ok over 1400 at this track with 60kgs. He had most of 2020 off but back in 2019, he ran in this race with 59.5kgs from a wide alley on a soft 7 and ran only fairly. He is a 10 year old now with his best days behind him, having earned nearly a million in stakes. Today on a drier track and a good draw, he only has 54kgs so I am hoping he still has a spark for racing - at the odds, he should finish tailed off but ya never know

Good point Todman. Just started punting again. Will do. Method sorted now.

if the track plays fair, caulfield race 1 no 5 just folk

gold coast race 4 the odyssey

ade race 8 parlophone

sydo race 5 aramayo

good punting

3 good races at Newcastle today

my ruffie is

SR6 The Closer  - $101 & $17 - she has been running on without winning for the last few preps and yet the top stable still perseveres - last start was particularly good from a wide alley and fast last 600 sectionals - drops 3kgs and has a good alley - she has been able to settle closer in some previous runs when drawn well

SR7 & 8 - No Compromise & Rock are specials and the double is paying $44

hi Speedy2 - while it's super to see you adding tips to this thread, from experience, your tips in this format, will not attract the attention they may deserve. I suggest you should add the name of the horses as well

Bendigo

R4 2

R5 10

R6 13

R7 6

R8 1

Well done again Todman, with Harbour Views. Nice run Mystic Journey too.

Hv good tip todman!

Saturday 11/09/21

Kembla Grange race 4 no. 1 Oxford Tycoon. Impeded for a run at previous start 

Belmont Race 3 no4 This'll Testya   has trialled well

Belmont Race 6 no1 Giant Leap. with the claim.

good luck

BR2 Lady Salerno - back to own class - hopefully she can lead

BR6 Silvera 

BR8 Tactical Advantage - been a while since winning but dry track, distance and jock all bonuses

SR4 Either Oar

SR6 All Hallow' Eve

SR7 Nimalee

SR8 Captivant

SR9 Irish Songs

SR10 Love Tap

MR3 Dio

MR4 Harbour Views - the boom fave a big stumbling block 

MR6 Mystic Journey - reports that she has been racing with a back prob and it has been fixed - $13 looks a steal if she is back

MR8 Fifty Stars - looks the best performed at this distance and at WFA

MR9 Kinane - sticking with him although the jock is a bit of a puzzle 

SR5 Aecee Express

SR6 Marboosha

SR7 In The Congo

MR7 Front Page

Mr1 4

Mr2 12

Mr3 3

Mr4 9

Mr5 6

Mr6 13

Mr7 15

Mr8 12

Mr9 14

moonee valley race 6 scorched earth

moonee val r7 no 18 kilkarni royale

sydo race 7 no 3 lions roar

sydo race 8 kukeracha

good punting

SR1 - Ten Bells

BR6 - Junction 

Good luck all

A few placegetters or a winner will show a profit with these 11 ruffies - good punting all

MR2 Ballet Master - only a fair run last start but the gear change, soft 7 and senior jock may turn his form

MR4 Not Usual Glorious - way up in class but on limit and has a great strike rate - should be in front at some stage 

MR6 La Rocque - from barrier 1, she should lead 

MR7 Order of Command - the soft 7 plus Oli back on - my best ruffie

MR9 Djukon - if he is primed for a 1st up, he can win

SR2 Stolen Jade - soft track, drop in class and 2nd up stats

SR4 Tony Be - has had loads of trials so he may not be going well or is ready 1st up

SR5 Standing Bear - worlds need to collide for him to win but $16 for place is the go

SR8 Attorney - this is probably a bit rich but he has gone ok in this class and his 1st up stats are ok so at the odds $129 & $29, he is worth a a small wager

SR9 Lancaster Bomber & A Magic Zariz are both drawn out but either or both may get it easy in front

sheet yeah - it was so sweet

Nice work with Catesby Todman. Hope it gave you a big finish for the day.

mel r 3 no3 lunakorn

bris race1 no 5 accelerato

brissy r9 no 20 angus the black

ad race 6no 9 so you can

syd race 9 no 10 on the lead

good punting people

MR4 Lightsaber

MR6 Diamonds in the Sky

BR4 Lady Solerno - probably cannot win but $15 to place is good - if she can get to an easy lead, with 51kgs, she will stick on 

BR5 I Could Do Better

BR9 Catesby

SR4 Pale King - my absolute best bet at $15 ($18 enhanced) and $4.40

SR10 Radipole - went poorly last start but @ $151 & $34, I am hoping that he is ridden forward from the wide alley as the speed in the race looks to be from other ruffies drawn wide

Good luck to Peter Hall who finishes his riding career today. The Cups King(in WA) is riding at Broome today on their Cup day.

Just two bets for me today each way and all up.

MR 6 H7 King Magnus and MR 8 H 9 King of Hastings. I'm tempted to add in Hosier and go twice. Cheers, The Pig.

multiple ruffies in one race, just for a bit of fun today

MR3 Kalashani Lad

MR5 Street Tough - by far the best ruffie

MR7 Nerve Not Verve

MR8 Tactical Advantage, Romancer & Irish Songs

MR9 Kinane - hoping Damian Lane can get him going after his last start failure

Got the bickies with King of Hastings at Sunshine Coast yesterday. $ 19.0 but lost close on $ 106 thru deductions. Cheers, The Pig.

A few ruffies for Caulfield today, mainly place or to fatten exotics. 

R2 H5 Mr Moppet

MR3 H 10 La Vina to win, Lindsay Smith Bret Prebble says enough 

MR5 H 19 Shakespeare huge odds, Zachaz, Tooradin, Relucent  all go into a tri/F4.

MR 6 H 4 Stats may fill a hole.

MR 9 H 17 Scantoon best of the day, Floating Artist would not surprise fresh but ?

Good luck all, The Pig.

I don't what the jockey on Power Crunch was thinking. The horse thought he was running a 750m jumpout and was very erratic so I knew I was shot 250m out. Stick with him as he is a very fast horse more suited to a circular course and 900-1000m with a short straight. Good run by the other pick as I got 6.50 the place and also had the second place for $30, but left it out of my tri. Still crying. Cheers, The Pig. 

Two roughies to speck at Flem today. MR 1 H7 power crunch.  MR4  H 13 Celtic Glory.  Cheers The Pig..

steering a different path today by choosing the Melb quadie - I will only list the ruffies as I will await market moves before placing my selections in each leg - hopefully 1 of these will salute, to put value into the quadie

1st leg - the fave here should win but I will throw in no 6 Furrion and 7 Galaxy Rider, who needs a form reversal but is capable at his best 

2nd leg - no 9 Oh So Far and 13 Yesugei who is a bolter, as a maiden, but he may be the best stayer

3rd leg - no 2 Romancer, who has been kept fresh for this and no 12 Irish Songs, whose last run was only a track trial as he was held up big time - he ran a nice 3rd to Romancer, here, a few starts back

4th leg - no 1 Why Choose Her & no 2 Strome - I tipped her as a bolter last start - she is a bolter here, but the good draw and meets Don't Tell The Boss, 4.5 kgs better - the senior jock will also help

sy race 5 go for gold

syd race 8 starla

mel 2 visualising

mel 4 tasuro

good punting

BIG RUFFIE

SYD RACE 7

THE GURU--34/1

LAST CAMPAIGN BEAT DUAIS 3RD UP

TRAINER LOVES SURPRISING US WITH LONG SHOTS IN TOWN

BEST BET

MEL RACE 8

BANQUO-- 6/1

RAN SOME PRETTY GOOD RACES AT THIS COURSE AND DISTANCE AND IN MUCH HIGHER GRADE!!!!!

SPLIT G1 WINNERS TOFANE AND ZOUTORI   LAST CAMPAIGN

my groupies tip is my one and only for today

BR8 Sierra Sue - $51 & $14 - she has an excellent place chance and with the blinkers on, she should sit far closer today and may be hard to run down in straight

A few for today mainly place and exotics players.BR5 H 1 Bollente should shake the life out of this.

BR8  H 4 Flit to place. 1, 2, 4 boxed tri / quinella.

br 9 H 5 HighTail could be the get-out today.

Caulfield hard today but R1 H 15 Huskisson looks dood place bet.

R5 Eau Chaude I tipped is a few weeks ago and almost got the bikkies at Mornington last week. Will Lewis German get too far back?

MR 8 H 14 Sir Kalahad to go well.

MR 9 H 9 Ocular to get out. EW.

SR 4 Tochi to place

SR 5 H 7 Maccamo E/W

SR p H 1 Shadow Crush should win the get out.  Cheers all, The Pig.

chomeur sydo race 2

thorin sydo r6 if it brings its overseaes form 

petruchio mel race 4

right you are mel race 8

excelida mel r9 no15

Good one Pig.

Also Todman saluting with At Witz End At $26 moolahs and change.

I hope a few of you saw Tympanist win at Hawkesbury yesterday as Iposted it as a roughie two Saturdays ago. I knew that run was an aberration and nearly fell of my chair when it came up at $13 fixed, Soo sweet. Cheers,The Pig.

brissy race 7 victory eight

syd race 9 accountability

syd race 7 stockman

syd 6 royal banquet

mel r3 zorro's dream

mel r4 lindhout

good punting

BR2 Akage

BR4 At Witz End

BR6 Fuji Flyer

BR8 Macewen - my 2nd best ruffie

SR3 King's Trust

SR8 Lunar Tramp

AR5 Beeokay - my best ruffie - $26 & $4.80 - JAM

MR4 Strome - a speculator at $81 & $14 

MR1 Rambeau - $23 & $4.20

MR5 Pancho - $17 & $4.20

MR7 Field of Roses - $18 & $4.60

brissy race 2 delphi

brissy race 9 coventina bay

mel r2 ablaze might need the run though.

star staus ade race 8

flying award ad race 9 

good punting

Northam race 7 no 3 Arnie's Boy. Just following up with the new jockey Chris Parnham but barrier 13 might make it tough. 

good luck.

A few more for Flemington.

SR4 Commands the Field. H1

MR7 H9 Marcolt.

MR8 h 12 Eau Chaude

Mr9 H20 Royal Crown Huge place chance at odds

BR4 H5 Bold Style should win.

BR4 1/5/7 boxed tri. I'm thumping this. Cheers all, The Pig.

A few early ones for Rosehill.

SR1 H11 Tympanist

SR3 1,3.10 box quinella

SR4 H14 Dynamic Impact

SR6 H4 Steely can't flop again. 1,4,5 boxed should get the quinella/tri.  Cheers, The Pig.

Phenomenal tipping once again Pigracer. I'm blown away by your uncanny ability to consistently find winners at great prices. 

Hey Khap Tiger of Malay 50EW plus the trifecta.  Not bad for an average punter. Have a good day,Cheers  the pig.

A few more for today.  MR1 H5 Soobooma (Place )  MR2 H 15 Demando   MR5 Alsvin  EW  MR8  H5 Riot and Rose.

My best of the day.  MR9 # 7 Sartorial Splendour ; BR 8 Trekking I've had 100 WIN @ $9.0  BR 6  Tiger of Malay to beat the Boom horse, Great quinella or F$ base.  

I wonder if Khap can post a winner or ruffie today. Cheers all, The Pig.

MR3 - Hint of Mint

notwithstanding the 4kg allowance, the inexperienced jock cost him a placing imho

Good luck Todman

Arnie's Boy

Euraman, I checked Amie's Boy out and it appears to me he is huge overs - the 4kg jock is the only concern, but he has 2 rides earlier on better fancied horses, so I guess he goes ok - I'm on

Northam Race 9 number 2 Arnie's Boy e/w. Had a wide barrier last start and raced wide. Today has barrier 2.

A random rowdy rant Khap. Clearly you have not kept up to date with Pig's tipping!

Two winners @ $13 and $23 from six picks is way better than you can do. Are you out on day release Khrap. Last answer, I can see no point in discussion with a soul who has an IQ lower than their hat size. Please go back where you go from time to time. The Pig.

Give it away Pigracer. You were always full of khrap and clearly you lack the intelligence or racing knowledge to be a part of any public forum or discussion. You not only add nothing, you bring down the standard of contributions. Give it away.

Sorry punters, I st#ffed up a few names on Sat. Pulled the names by memory (now I am starting to worry ) Mensa became Mendacious and Rama became Drama, But I sure hope you checked the numbers. Great day but wondering why I don't have much in my pocket today. I hope a few of you got some value. Cheers, The Pig.

Struth,didn't  get on in a black hole where I am. 21st century?.

Thanks Todman sorry it went up late. Now a few to spoil my record. My best of the day SR9 H 5 Steely. SR3 mendacious missile, SR 6H 17 rebel drama, MR 5 H 9 Heka Express, MR H 12 Marcolt,   All to be good place chances. Cheers,  The Pig.

you are on fire Pig

my best bet is

SR3 Wairere Falls EW 

SR6 Outlook

SR7 Alward - no form but firmer track and the uncanny Waller's ability to bring horses back from Brissie to win in Syd

AR6 Arrow Lane - tipped last 2 starts in ruffies - 1 last chance

BR5 Gem of Scotland - has her regular jock on and the barrier should see her race handy and spend no petrol until straight - she seems to go better on good tracks nowadays

BR9 Atonement - probably cannot win this but follow into the Oaks

MR9 Fighting Teo - tipped it at long odds last start and only ran fairly - fitter and distance suits - bigger weight but lower class here - he would need to cross early and have an easy lead or a cushy run behind leader to have any chance - the $91 & $21 odds are juicy, but he may need 1 more run to find form, but I am confident he will pay to follow in Melbourne

A get on quicky.   Sri underground Music. Big place chance. Cheers, The Pig.

brissy race 8 groundswell

ad race 8 debt collector

syd race 6 bob

good luck

Well done Pig!

a few for Ballarat today

R5 So Sway

R6 Bureaucrat

R7 Deserved & Malaise

Thanks guys. I had 50x 50 early but took 17/ 4,6. Paid 21 but a winner is a winner. I backed the others to place but got a 4th, and was not happy when the other won. Stiff in the quinella,

I will try to find a few for you all. Cheers, The Pig.

Was a huge run and a confident tip, pigman is doing a pig-trot all the way to the bank!

Cheers, Loges.

Yes very good work Pig.

congrats 

That's crazy good, Pig!

big effort Pig - I was too stoopid to note your confidence 

brissy race 9 westlink

flemmo race 9 san fabrizio best bet

ad race 6 dazzling damsel

ade race 7 hasta la war excelent run last time (i was on it)

sydo race 5 ahead start prob a place buit can win

good luck and good punting

A few for today.

Savatoxyl in the big one at Adelaide. Will lead and has won over a lot longer trips. Check out his last 600 in a fast run 1100 last start. B Vorster good on leaders and may catch these napping. Price too good to resist.

BR5 Tiger of Malay should win.

AR4 H4 J Kah aboard should win but at what price.

A few for places in Sydney. SR2 H8.

SR4 H 14

SR5 H 3 

And a get out quinella in Adelaide; AR9  Ambidazzle should win The Natural and Extreme Thrill to get the second spot. I'm loading up early on this one. The get out stakes. Cheers, The Pig.

one for today in the Scone Cup

R7 Berdibek 

Two others for Doomben this weekend are Blazing Miss and Segalas.

I really like Signore Fox in a week or so.

I like Bucharest as well Todman. He was to start a fortnight so coming back to 1600m from 2000m, an old Waller tactic. When the track was downgraded he was scratched. I have backed him this weekend at 36 and also on at 60s in the Derby.

The other one I like if the tracks stay dry is Signore Fox. I am on in the BTC and also on already in the Straddie. If he makes the Straddie though I think he maybe too light for JMac so maybe Tommy Berry or McEvoy.

my ruffies have been below par in recent weeks, but I am soldiering on for Saturday - I have picked out 12, a few of which were last start failed ruffies for me - a bit over the top but here goes

MR5 Just Hifalutin 

MR6 Constantinople

MR8 Biometric

MR9 Significance

SR6 True Detective - my best

SR9 Napoleon Solo 

BR6 Bucharest

BR7 Graff

BR9 Accession

AR3 Arrow Lane

AR6 Kiss and Cry

AR8 Prophet's Thumb

AR3 Classy Joe - $23 & $6

AR5 Arrow Lane - $71 & $16 - despite the big odds, I am quite keen on his prospects

AR8 Spooning - $17 & $3.80

MR2 Lamborghini - $35 & $6.50

MR3 Necessary - $18 & $4.60

MR5 Fighting Teo - $26 & $9 but only 7 starters

SR2 Knickpoint - $18 & $4.40

SR7 Carif - $15 & $4 - my best for the day

BR8 The Candy Man - $81 & $21 - my extreme ruffie - he's probably not good enough to trouble these, BUT he is unbeaten at the distance and loves heavy tracks 

a heavy 9 at the Bool so ruffies abound

MR3 Edgar Allan - $51 & $8

MR4 Down the Barrel - $41 & $7

MR8 Bedford - $18 & $4.60

MR9 Soul Fire - $17 & $3.90 my best ruffie

MR10 Bull Dust - $31 & $8.50

Eagle Farm Race 8 no 2 Vega One e/w. Has a good record in the wet and it might just be wet. 

good luck.

A couple of hopefully good place bets.

MR4 H10 Silence the Stars. lL/S winner and after claim only carries 51 kgs,

SR 2 H9 Steely  was a good price earlier and now I think it could win.

SR3 H11 Furphy should place at good odds.

SR4 H 3 Amoretti also good place odds. 

A last one, MR 7 H 3 River Night I think is a good EW chance.

Remember it is Hawkesbury so pick at your own peril. Cheers, The pig.

MR3 My Pendant - $23 & $4.20 - had it not been for the warm fave being a stablemate, this would have been my best ruffie

MR4 Miyake - $8.50 & $2.20 - my best bet EW

MR8 Significance - $23 & $5 - a significant stable change - his record when fresh (1st, 2nd or 3rd up) is nothing flash, but at his first start over a distance greater than 1600m, he won by 7 lengths - prob needs more racing - his ordinary track trial was nearly a month ago, so I expect him to be primed today

BR5 Takeittothelimit - $100 & $17 - although she is my extreme ruffie for the day, her 1st up record is ok - has never competed at 1600m first up, but has a great stat 2nd up over the distance

SR2 Global Quest - $16 & $4.20 - below par last prep, but 3rd up in the prep was more like his form - a short freshen up may see him ready to return to top form - my best ruffie

SR4 Terwilliker - $71 & $12 - another extreme ruffie with poor 1st up form but his attempts have been in distances shy of 1600m - at 1800m after 2 trials, he may sit closer in the run to be a chance in straight - in the right stable to pull off an upset

SR5 Into The Abyss - $81 & $14 - another extreme ruffie who doesn't win out of turn but I think the wide alley may suit her run on style

SR6 Wayupinthesky - $34 & $8 - back to 1100m and a good track - she was great 1st up, but hasn't really fired for a few preps - hopefully she races close and can dive thru late

cheers, Tod

Some nice winners so far this year on this thread. Well done. Will sully it with a few I backed today. Good luck all.

Newcastle R8 - 11 Freddie Eddie @ $41

AR1 - 6 Ballynora @$11

AR2 - 11 Budget King @ $41

AR 6 - 11 Rainbiel @ $9

been following this horse Tradewind for a bit. I think it's been flying under the radar for this race adelaide r6 no 4 

ad r99 exalted maxine should at least get a place.

aimme's jewl,mr6 nop 2, unsure if she's ready for first up.

briossy last race last horse hard labour took the nines will shorten.

good punting

Thanks Euraman, I hope you got on Groundswell as well. Sweet Zou let me down by running fourth after I had the winner home. $40 quinella pipped. I had a good day as I got $ 2.75 about Skins last Thursday. For the second time this year both of my Groupies emergency tips won. Oh well **it happens. Cheers, and I will try to find a few more next weekend. The Pig.

Nice tip by Pigracer in the get-out stakes at Doomben with Skins overpowering Axe in the straight.

Short prices but should win. BR9 H15 SKINS

AR7 H2 Groundswell.

MR4 Sweet zou and Intrepidaceous for a quinella.  Good luck all.

from pantherland ad r8 no 4

cuba sr8 n0 3

brimham rocks mr7 no 1

duke of plumpton mr9 no 10

good luck

great tip hinks

Just a few for desperados.SR6  H5 Wisdom of Water. I can't believe the price Will lead a long way so follow from now.

SR7 H11 Rondinella has to be taken on trust but may box on into a place.

SR10 H1 Tofane may run well F/U $10 seems good value for risk. Follow 2/U

Ruffies abound at Caulfield.

MR3 H 10 Fine Weather could place at huge odds but H3 should win. Good exotics.

MR9 H 5 and H11 should be good place bets.

My bets of the day are MR3 H3 ; MR5 H2 La Mexicana. and a trifecta boxed on MR6 1  2 10. I have boxed these three for $30.

Good luck all and have a great day.  Cheers,The Pig.

ade race 3 no 1 

getting in early for Saturday

MR2 Vungers - $35 & $9.50 - he should lead them and kick strongly

MR3 Black Penn - my best EW bet - while his last start was ordinary, the early pace was very slow. He came very wide on the turn and made some good ground but plodded towards the line. I am trusting that there will be a decent pace early as it is a 1/2Mill race. 4th up, this race was prob his target, he only has to show a bit of improvement from his run 2 starts back, to be right in this

MR8 Street Icon - $27 & $6.50 - my best ruffie - she drew the outside in this race last year and was snagged back to a long lat - she made up a stack of ground to run 2nd - better drawn here so she should race mid field - last start effort was good enough to win here as she was held up entering the straight and leaders got away from her

MR9 Mamzelle Tess - $15 & $4.40 - if she can get across in or near lead without having to race wide, she will win this

SR2 - an extreme ruffie - Atonement - $61 & $16 - she would have to improve heaps to figure, but this she did from her 1st prep to her 2nd prep - she needs longer but with Williams on top and being fresh, she may kick up from the good barrier, and be a sneaky chance

SR3 Darleb - $27 & $7.50 - the fave looks the goods, but from the inside alley, he should be better placed than last start

SR4 Joyous Legend - $21 & $4.20 - freshened up, so expect a better showing than last start 

SR5 Land Ahoy - $41 & $8 - there are 4 quality fillies to contend with, but she races like a true stayer and the better draw, should see her mid field or better, compared to last start, where she went back from a wide draw and she ran into the race from well back

SR7 Good Idea - $19 & $5 - last start back to 2000, was an excellent run - he was dominant in the weaker Adelaide Cup, but he should get the run of the race and his staying credentials could see him being hard to run down

Well done Todman, both you and the Pigracer are Daisy-Chaining!

Cheers, Loges.

Great work again Todman with Explosive Jack finishing down the outside as predicted. 

My best bet MR3 H10 Wilmott Pass.

Ruffies for the place and exotics.SR2 H6 Easy Campese.

SR3 H12 Spiranac.

SR7 H12 Favreau. Stewards queried last run and money for it today.

SR9 H1 Mugatoo to win (my second best bet. Funstar to place.

Melbourne is a hard task today but Alburq and Wilmott Pass should quinella R3 I'll have it 40 times and HiStranger /Platoon may do the same in MR9.  I hope I get it right today. Cheers, The Pig.

my best bet

MR3 Li'L Kontra - ew - currently $9.50 & $2.90

ruffies

MR3 My Pendant - $23 & $4.80

SR3 Healing Hands - $19 & $5 - in same race my extreme ruffie is

SR3 Girls Are Ready - not sure how it qualified but it's last start effort against the fave in this race, was ok and she goes good at this track $71 & $18

SR5 Concert Hall - my 2nd best ruffie - $15 & $4.40 - I also think that Miss Sentimental has a chance - $26 & $7

SR7 Explosive Jack - it's last start effort was huge, coming from the tail of the field 6 or 7 wide around the turn and eating up the ground to run 2nd. He may be the best stayer in the race - at $18 & $4.60, he should finish hard in straight

SR8 Zoutori - with only 2 leaders in the race, the pace may not be hot in early stages - depending on the track bias if any, Zoutori may sit closer of a slower pace, and he does have nearly the best last 600m sectional in the race - $31 & $6.50

SR9 Dalasan - he should have finished much closer last start and he drops 6kgs - Think It Over drops 6.5kgs but has 18 alley. With the weight drop and the inside alley, he should sit near the lead. If the inside is not a disadvantage, then he is generally strong at the finish and he is my best ruffie - could have got $51 yesterday but is now $35 & $9.50 

BR5 Princess Cavallo - another extreme ruffie but she is hard fit, enjoys both the sting out of the track and Doomben - $71 & $16

BR9 Xanthus - freshened up after last start ordinary effort - goes better here and the soft track and good alley, are plus's $26 & $7

Don't let Aquagirl get past you. Didn't get much space from out wide but flew in the last 50 ms. I had a F4 but didn't find the 2nd place. Two ruffies in a first 4 too hard for me. I cut my bet on Sir Dragonet but after I missed Hangman which I had backed at Yarra Valley the start before I loaded up on Skyman. Hangman alas cost me the quaddie. I will get a good one soon. Hey Tod, I missed Mr Sea Wolf too, another F4 and tri.  i still had a good day but it should have been a great day. I will try to find a few for the forum to benefit. Cheers, The Pig.

Onya Todman,nice tip.Hope you had a nice bet.Your not bad with the ruffles.

We have an ex jockey in here who rode a real ruffie to win while he was riding.

It was about 250/1 and I’m pretty sure it was on one of the Sydney tracks.

Dont think he would appreciate me saying who it is,maybe he might say.

Not sure why he gave it away,maybe injuries or weight.

Keep up the good work Todman.

Well done Todman with Master Sea Wolve - 2nd at 9.50 the place and good picking by Pigman with his Best of the day in Sir Draganot, the Pig is on a roll at the moment with his nose deep in the Trough,  I'm sure you both loaded up!

Cheers, Loges.

I am real keen on this ruffie

MR8 Biometric - he has been thereabout in most of his runs - many were from wide barriers where he dropped out early. I watched his first up effort last prep, and he has the speed to make use of his inside barrier plus the big drop in weight and the jock, who probably rides him in trackwork on Monday's, and will know his early speed - can get $81 on powerplay and $11 place 

SR2 Paths of Glory - great 3rd up stats

SR7 Mister Sea Wolfe - this is my best ruffie - can get $67 powerplay and $9 place - he was thought good enough to have a crack at the Doncaster 2nd up this time last year, but the heavy track was a spoiler - won well 2nd up in spring

Two good ruffies today, I am having a couple of fixed price place bets at around $8 the place.

MR5 H10 Aquagirl.34 win and 9 a place.

SR9 H 15 Akari 34 and 8.

Sir Dragonet my best bet of the day. Cheers, The Pig.

molly's rocking br4

cuba mr8

icebath sr4

cannot be serious ar9

good punting

Ruffies for the weekend

SR1-1.....Readily Availabull-Tipped him a few weeks ago in the vic sires

huge run best sectionals for the race.draws better for this should be a little closer 16/1 sportsbet

SR5-4....Brandenburg-plenty of speed early in this hopefully sets it up for a swooper

been gelded and trials form solid   17/1 topsport

SR7-3....The Chosen One-Very underrated horse and gets to his pet distance range nearly won the Caul Cup last year when beaten by the two best horse on the planet   15/1 tab

SR8-6.....Carif- big ruffie might need another lap but has been gelded and could be the best thing for him   91/1 topsport

Good work Todman. Business as usual. 

Polly Grey (1st)

Order of Command(3rd) 

and Realm of Flowers who was the run of the day(to follow) I thought, out wide and just kept coming.

Just a few for today, but I reckon I have the Bendigo quaddie cold today.

SR2 H13 Fav Moon William Haggis trained and usually doesn't come for a holiday.

SR9 H# Vulpine Get on the get out stakes.

Now to Bendigo.MR1 H4 Defiant Dancer will give this a shake.MR4 H7 Playoffs may not be as rough as I had hoped.

MR5 N10 Robe Bay F/U 2?2 record so primed for this and good odds.Now the Quaddie and all may be good EW chances. 

3, 10// 6,7,8, 10// 4 6 13 14 // 13 11 10 5 6 . Seventy five bucks get 50% but i will follow the betting and put it on late.

Cheers all, The Pig.

MR3 Rusheen

MR4 Naval Warfare

MR6 Bury Road - my extreme ruffie

MR7 Rathlin

SR2 Realm of Flowers

SR3 Polly Grey - best bet - an EW cert

SR8 Order of Command - provided the track stays slow 6 or 7, this is my BEST ruffie 

adelaide r2 artful libby

bris r4 hot escort

good luck

oops, got mixed up re jock on Kementari re Elite Street's jock - couldn't have Kementari though - still like Elite Street

tonight - a ruffie in the big one

Elite Street - he improved streets on his 1st up run, last start in the Newmarket. His successful jock from WA is on top, and from his 3 alley he should get a good run behind leaders. He is 2 from 2 3rd up 

hope you have been on simply fly, I've tipped it 3 times on here 9/1 6/1 and 17/1 last start. 

anyway busy again tomorrow so may not get back on here

br6 no4 lovesiili

br7 jakema

br8 no3 flying crackerjack

br9 no6 ipso etc...

ad race 8 no 8 my golden chain

good punting

BR9 In His Stride on the wet track

MR6 La Falaise - squeezes into the field, showed glimpes of her 3YO (G1) form last time out, ought to be beating these if so

MR8 Mr Quickie - preferably if the rain doesn't come

SR7 Chaillot - Meets Fav almost 10kg better for their Empire Rose clash (0.2L), Melbourne form holding up in Sydney atm

bar plates on AQ.....no thanks - rain forecast............... grab the 21's on Shout the Bar before the downgrade

candy man

simply fly

all time rocker

all late races goldy might have a duet with moonshine and jesuis belle in that brissy race toddy

gotta get in early big day tomoz

good punting

Gold Coast on Saturday

BR2 Moonshine Lady - getting in early as I suspect the track will be heavy and she is a bottler on heavy tracks - currently $21 & $5.50 

MR6 Imaging - looks a show here off the Orr run, not sure about the filly at 0.5 over WFA but she is talented.

MR7 Spanish Reef - race might be made for her

MR8 Humidor - can't believe I'm tipping an 8YO for an AC but the field is relatively poor. Love Flmeninton, he's a genuine G1 WFA horse and many of these are just not. Think the Peter Young form might be suss but if I'm wrong then Angel of Truth might be the one out of that. San Huberto for multis.

SR7 North Pacific - liked his Hobartville run, strong to the line. Hoping the kiwi is not as effective on top of the ground??

SR8 Terrific race, potentially blistering speed battle 2 & 3 with 8 & 1 in behind. TC switches to Dawn Passage (or was booted), might be a clue. Good trials.

Great day's racing, good luck!

coulomb brissy race 5 

stardome br7

Hey I'm back to try my lucksurprise

sydney races today could be leader bias with no rain in sight

so if thats the case

SR3-12 Gstaad-i liked her trials and want tommy to be positive as she seems very head strong

SR7-Marsannay- should lead and is rock hard fit

MR4-1 Readily Availabull-i liked his run at MM Clockwise LY and was scratched leading up to MM on the gold coast

been looking for this distance

MR8-15 Miami Bound-If it was wet she would be half this price or shorter and this edition of the Aust Cup is pretty poor (dont get me wrong id like to own any of them) but i liked her trial and was disapointed after her first up run she looking for this trip

AR8 Desidero

SR9 Rondinella

MR8 Humidor

I had 20/30 Prince Fawaz Tod but I didn't see your post until Sunday am. I knew I was RS when he went up on the pace early. Now looking for a 2000m race maybe one or two runs away. Not sure whats available but he definatly needs to go back as he has a ferocious sprint late. I also had a liking for Lunar Fox but at 200/1 against those ? Won heaps early and should have stopped as I don't think any one won after race five.  Cheers, The Pig.

Also my big ruffie of the day is

SR6 Prince Fawaz - he needs to improve by a 1/2 furlong or so on his 1st up run, but he is better 2nd up a- has a better track and should be ridden from behind - $100 & $16

Best Bet

MR4 Groundswell - I expect him to realize his potential this prep

MR5 Usmanov - this Brissy speedster may surprise them down the straight

MR7 Poland 

simply fly sunny race5

star  of chaos ad race 6

exalted craftsman ad r8

AR4 Toff Love

SR6 Herengawe

MR7 Artorius

MR8 Garner

MR9 Nights Watch

and my absolute bolter

BR9 Morendi - has run good races fresh and over this distance at this track - the jock is a plus - $151 & $24

angel of truth last in mel

the cullinan bris r7

ginger jones ad race 4

dio sydo race 4 

good luck

brissy race 2 little river

gotta stick on the gloriouis ruby  br4

br5 portugese tart

brr9 veranes might get a cheap win

ad race 7 bolt i am

sydo race 8 never talk

good punting

Toorak Affair to win her second Hobart Cup. Track a Soft 5 at the moment and the sky is clear.

No value in the quaddie as the first two legs look shoo-ins.

syd r5 no 14 paper daisy, don't think it will win against the toppy but ya never know,

mel race 4 Poland

mr5 hindaam,

mel race 7 mystery love, just a speccy gunna do a duet with des moines (toddy)

brr7 Rossmay, expected better odds

br9 stuttering

pinjarra race 6 sweet strawberry

good punting

2 bolters for today

MR7 Des Moines

SR8 Herengawe

walcha race 5 queens court

great tipping, hinksy

Yeah good day again, the ruby won, had it on the nose,  the cullinan was third at good odds backed e/w, simply fly great run backed the nose, vespertine from the back, as thinknfly should have been ridden in the next, 5 kingdoms e/w, ginger jones bulked up on the nose, minted a let down after coming in on the tote, charretera useless, shadow girl what can i say read that wrong, charretera let me down badly on a few $1.00 multi's totalling 8k.

Good day all up and the boys down the club can't wait again til I come back next week, while I'm on a roll.

I do a bit of studying on all meetings, some days ya up, some days it's just an unlucky punt. But I love the game. 4 winners 2 good placings, 3 bad reads, or rides whatever, plus the others I didn't bother tipping.

Ya know ya done well, when ya mate buys a bottle of captain morgans to drink watching the last coupla races at his place cos ya too pissed at the club. 

Three winners from seven races with all priced at $6 and over. Nice! 

Well done Hinsy. I hope your pockets are bulging.

Well done so far Hinksy.

heaps better than the dropkick below that mouths off but has nothing of interest to say.

I have been having good success not putting my bets on this site one good ruffie being Glorious ruby a coupla weeks ago at 200/1 28/1 place it come 2nd good run good return. I backed the cullinan the other thursday at 16 it won and is racing at the sunny coast race 7 like its odds 71/1 at the minute

like sunny coast r2 simply fly

sunny race 6 no 6 minted

mel rac1 vespertine

mr3 five kingdom

mr6 ginger jones

syd race 4 shadow girl

syd race 6 charretera

hope i don't jinx myself

good punting punters

You were busy alright. Licking your wounds. Did you mean to say they were Lays?  If you did your performance would equal mine. Seriously though, if you were honest with yourself and provided tips we or you could trust, you would concentrate on one venue or state. The more you spread your wings, the less faith we can have in your tips. Those tips and subsequent results have proved that. Score 0.

Talkback Forum

Racing And Sports offers our users the chance to get involved with spirited discussion about major racing issues on your Talkback Forum. They may include chatter about racing matters, issues relating to the website, sporting conversation, betting matters and more. Please be aware that Racing And Sports now moderates Talkback to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to. The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing And Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users.

Latest Posts