First Tuesday

Branded

What do bloodlines mean ????

You look at Incentivise and what do you see.

Sire Shamus Award (2)wins Cox Plate and Australian Guineas.

Dam Miss Argyle (1) Placing as a 2 y.o.

As Incentivise steps up in distance he gets better.

His Caulfield Cup run was enormous.Five and Six wide at the winning post and then looking under pressure at the turn but when the whips were cracking he ran away from the field.He burnt the candle at both ends.

Peter Moody had one of greatest Sprinters of all time.Is  Incentivise elevating Moods into the top echelon of the Staying ranks.

Going back in Miss Argyles (Gai trained)pedigree is Bogan Road one of my fav I used to watch a loooong time ago.He was a brilliant young horse and then ran 2nd in the derby.

Love to hear from some of you clever fellas regarding the sectionals in the Caulfield Cup.

My first Melbourne Cup winner was Lord Fury.

Would love to hear some stories from everyone.

You need to Login to Post a Answer in the Forum

Had call from nursing home at 1.30 a.m.Police were thinking of evacuating residents.

I jumped in car and they decided not to evacuate.

When all clear I drove home in pouring rain and reversed down driveway.I couldn’t see a thing and went off driveway and the car ended up in China.

Cost me $100 to get hauled out.

WINNERS are required urgently.

Any track any Country.

Thank you.

Apparently Star Of Universe had to retire at 15,owing to the (new rule)that horses older than 13 could not race.

Brett Thompson of Gulgong trained him.

196 starts 21 wins 41 places.Plenty unplaced.

Beany Panya rode him in his last race at Canberra.July 2015.

I think he won Forbes Cup Louth Cup Mudgee Cup & Narromine Cup.

He was by Saintly’s (D.Beadman) Sire.Sky Chase.

On a side note. I went on a long time as a footy player. Played every position. No good at any. All the softies had Oranges at half time; I had a Cabbage.

No record like Mustard though

Star Of Universe Mudgee I think raced to an old age.

i will post later as my eyes have gone blurry looking at so many horses.

Yeah, good old MUSTARD what a bloody old marvel, rather like myself really!

Trained by John Mcnair (also trained HAY LIST)

Mustard had his last race when he was just shy of his 15th birthday.

What a great race record:

3rd G2, won 2/G3s,2nd in a G3, won 2/LR, had 4/2nds in LRs & 1/3rd in a LR

Talk about continued longevity in racing at a reasonably elite level:

Won a Rosehill BM 85  1100m as a 13yo

Won a Rosehill BM 85  1400m as a 12yo

Won a Randwick Welter  1200m as a 10yo

Won a Rosehill G3  1100m as a 9yo

Won a Rosehill G3  1100m as a 9yo

Won a Rosehill BM 85  1100m as a 8yo

Won a Randwick Qual LR  1100m as a 7yo

Won a Randwick Qual LR  1200m as a 6yo

Can anyone come up with another horse in the last thirty years or so that could boast a similar or better racing record in regard to longevity and performance as an older horse?

Winged Beauty 5th dam of Marabi was 

dam of Haulpak (Sire)

Sticks And Stones (more later)

Princess Talaria (top racehorse)& granddam Of Mustard.

Sticks And Stones had a daughter

Diamond Lover Who was Dam Of Antwerp Who was dam of Viscount.(unlucky in Cox Plate)

Diamond Lover was dam of Don Eduardo (Sire) and brilliant racehorse.

Diamond Lover was dam of Peruzzi nice racehorse and mum.

Diamond Lover was dam of Tristalove great racehorse and mum.

Sticks And Stones dam was Eight Carat.

Eight Carat was dam of Kaapstad (nice racehorse and sire.

Eight Carat was dam of Mouawad (nice racehorse.

Eight Carat was dam of Octagonal.

This will give everyone a quick idea re this family.

If King is doing his study he will be more thorough than myself.There are others in the family but I have spoken about the more prominent.

King,I can study any horse and their families through their pedigrees,but the problem I have is without a Stud Book I do not know what  races they won.

And Diamond Lover progeny.

King,Can you look at Sticks and Stones daughter Diamond Lover or in Stud book Our Diamond Lover. What you find there will astound you.

Sorry Branded,

Woops, that should have been Riverman NOT his son Irish River.

That's what you get when you start relying too much on memory rather than researching same,

What a great horse RIVERMAN was.

Riverman (USA) 1969

Aust.Id.: 311787 bay stallion Date of Birth: 00/00/1969 
  24 stakeswinners & 47 stakeswins  

by Never Bend (USA) 1960  
 from River Lady (USA) 1963    

Stakes or Principal Race Wins
Year Race Name Status Distance
1972 FR Poule d'Essai des Poulains (2,000 Guineas) Cr 1600m
1971 FR Prix Yacowlef Pr 1000m
1972 FR Prix d'Ispahan Pr 1800m
1972 FR Prix Jean Prat Pr 1800m

Winged Beauty was the dam of the following sires:

Sticks and Stones by Faringdon sired 3 SW

and

Haulpak by Dignitas sired 32 SW including 6 individual G1 winners, the great sprinter Paklani is one that comes to mind.

Haulpak had a full sister in Pricess Talaria who is in fact Mirabi's 4th dam.

She was a great racehorse and one of my old favourites as I was always very keen on the Dignitas stock (see the dam of Vo Rogue) 

Check out the pedigree of Vo Rogue classic nicks via Princequillo x Nasrullah & reverse as well as Nasrullah's sister. Now that's the way to give yourself a chance of breeding breeding a good horse.

Nasrullah x Princequillo = Secretariat, Mill Reef, Irish River, Seattle Slew etc......

Princess Talaria (AUS) 1974

Aust.Id.: 109147 brown mare Date of Birth: 00/00/1974 

by Dignitas (USA) 1965 Contact: Tristan Antico Thoroughbreds, NSW 
 from Winged Beauty (AUS) 1962 Retired (25/06/1999)  
 bred by Dawson Stud Farm, NSW  
Stakes or Principal Race Wins
Year Race Name Status Distance
1976 AJC Gimcrack Stakes Pr 1000m
1976 AJC Widden Stakes Pr 1100m
1976 VRC Mimosa Stakes Pr 1000m
1977 VATC One Thousand Guineas Pr 1600m
1977 VRC Edward Manifold Stakes Pr 1600m
1978 STC Marlboro Classic Pr 1500m

King, 

I forgot to tell you.If you do this study you will need several hours.

King,

Marabi 5th dam Winged Beauty was the mother of a couple of Sires.

I do not possess any Stud books.

Knowing you have the knowledge and know how to be able to do a study of them.

Sticks and Stones was a very fast racehorse but at Stud he sired a daughter Diamond Lover Who may be Our Diamond Lover in the Stud book.

Staggering is a term you could use.

”O”

If Anyone is interested you could purchase for me a subscription (5 years would be nice)Or a leather bound book version.You all have missed my birthday (as usual) In my family you can buy presents at any time of the year(which no one takes advantage of)

Just think if you take up this offer,the knowledge I could impart on the racing industry,

This could be my legacy.

Had a quick look b4 bed at Marabi 5th dam by Port Vista. 

Winged Beauty and her progeny.

What great memories there.

Branded,

Re: "King we could spend hours looking through bloodlines."

What a great win by Marabi in the Oakleigh Plate, that's now 7 wins from 7 starts.

Now I am not saying that she will be better than Black Caviar but it is worth noting that BC did not get her first G1 win until her 8th start. (8/8)

But on the subject of bloodlines has any body noticed that her 1/2 sister Aristia by Lonhro won the VRC Oaks 2500 m and also the VRC Wakeful Stakes 2000 m.

Aristia is currently in foal to Zoustar.

What are the odds that they will send Aristia to Marabi's dad I am Invincible this year?

Note I am Invincible has sired 72 Stakes winners!

King we could spend hours looking through bloodlines.

Just looking at the Sires in his first 5 gen one of  my old favs Aussie Noholme(who went to the U.S.)is there in Incentivise blood.(Tod would remember him)

I see several slipper winners& Cox Plate.

I see an English Derby& Kentucky Derby winners,without delving too deep,those alone and then their their offspring.

Bloodlines are fascinating and you have done a fine job looking at and explaining the staying blood close up in his pedigree.

I wonder what Miss Argyle would have accomplished only for injury.(Another piece of the turf unknown)

The old saying..Every horse has a story.

Branded,

It would appear to me that many casual observers of pedigrees tend to focus mainly on the sire of a particular horse.

This tends to be a trait common to Australians as our interest has evolved by looking at the domination of sires like Star Kingdom and Danehill and their sons as prime examples of their continuing male line dominance.

But if you are looking to see where a horse with a pedigree like Incentivise may in fact gain some of its staying ability you have to, like the old hands in Aus & UK breeding look away from the sire and much deeper into the pedigree of his dam.

These are some of the prominent staying influences within the pedigree of his dam and you don't have to go too far back.

Lets take a look at 2/4 of Incentivise's dam's grandparents:

Miss Argyle his dam is by Iglasia whose dam is Yodells.

Yodells is the dam of YIPPYIO who won Brisbane Cup 3200 m, Qld Derby 2400 m, MV Gold Cup 2500 m, PJ O'Shea Stakes 2400 m and also 2nd in a Melbourne Cup 3200 m.

Miss Argyle's dam's sire is Semipalatinsk.

Semipalatinsk is the sire of many good staying/stamina type horses, some examples are:

Easy Now Qld Cup 3200 m,

Ice Chariot Qld Derby 2400 m, BRC Queen's Cup 3200 m,

Just Now AJC Oaks 2400 m,

Palatious Perth Cup 3200 m,

Russian Rogue, Hobart cup 2400 m,

Tennessee Blue VRC Grand National Hurdle 4800 m.

AND

Champion Vo Rogue's half brother Vowtinsk winner of the Grand National Steeple 4700 m

I very much doubt that Vo Rogue could have run a strong 2400 m let alone 3200 m in my opinion he was at his best at 1800 m, but when his dam Vow who only had two inglorious sprint race attempts at Hawkesbury & Gosford was mated with the staying influence of Semipalatinsk she then produced one that could win over 4800 m.

But then again, little pigeon chested VOW did in fact have the "GREAT" stamina stallions ROUND TABLE and PRINCEQUILLO close up in her dam's pedigree.

Perhaps the staying influence of Semipalatinsk was simply complemented by the addition of the stamina influences of ROUND TABLE and PRINCEQUILLO when Vowtinsk was conceived.

Branded, wanted to get some clarification on the L600 times that are shown in the Enhanced Form, if you look at TigerTiger R1 at Flemington Sat 19th you can see its last start L600 is shown as 36.74 , the actual race sectional time is shown as 37.24 for the 600, who's is this time? this has me a little confused .

Hi Gladys, You smell nice today. What are you wearing Chanel or Californium Poppy. I always get them confused.

I’m sorry I have upset you. As I get older, I make more mistakes. Please refer to the last sentence from my previous post.

Do you think it’s a good idea to be wearing such a short skirt. Some of the chaps in here will have a heart attack.

Tom

You two were at the races 101 years ago?

No wonder you have a love affair with the Ramornie of 1939.

Imagine this...... Folklore

Todman and I go to the races at Ipswich in August 2020.

I tell Todman I like this horse Incentivise very much. He says i’m Crazy. I have a good bet. Incentivise is unplaced.

Then we go to Eagle Farm and I tell Todman i’m going to back Incentivise again. Your mad came the reply. I open my wallet and Incentivise is unplaced.

I think it was Toowoomba next in June 2021 and I say to Todman I’m going to back Incentivise because I think today is the day. Todman shakes his head and heads to the bar. Incentivise is unplaced.

Next we head to the Sunshine Coast. I say to Todman i’m not backing Incentivise today.

Todman says to me. Your mad. I have backed him and I got 20-1. I will tell you something Branded. This horse will win today and then go on to win the Caulfield Cup and start one of the shortest price favourites since Phar Lap to win the Melbourne Cup.

I look at Todman and think to myself. You should be in a straight jacket and you belong in a Mental Asylum. Todman cleans up.

We are now in November and everything he said is coming true.

I have since returned to playing Lawn Bowls.

Dates and times may not be correct re Incentivise record as my brain is not working.

Talkback Forum

Racing And Sports offers our users the chance to get involved with spirited discussion about major racing issues on your Talkback Forum. They may include chatter about racing matters, issues relating to the website, sporting conversation, betting matters and more. Please be aware that Racing And Sports now moderates Talkback to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to. The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing And Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users.

Latest Posts