three-quarter sister to desert war(?)

hinksy
Hello to you, a mate of mine read an article about a horse that is three-quarter sister to Desert War(?).
Question i would like someone to help me out with is, how do you get a 3/4 relation in blood stock, i thought at best it would be 1/2. (That is, A and B mate, reulting in C.
A and F mate reulting in g which makes a 1/2 relation) Can someone please explain how to get a 3/4 relation). Thanks
You need to Login to Post a Answer in the Forum

sweet thanks for the imput, i was never good at maths.

3/4 Relation Example -

Horse 1.) Filly by Octagonal ex Miss Tessla

Horse 2.) Filly by Reset ex Miss Tessla.

The horse's are not only half relations but are 3/4 because both Octagonal and Reset are by Zabeel.

3/4 siblings have three of their four grandparents in common.

Using your example, C and G would be 3/4 relations if both B and F were from the same dam but different sires.

i think this occurs when the mother of the two siblings is the same however the father is different. For example, the father is fathered by the same sire. I.e they are half brothers (they could be both sons of danehill, but from different mothers).

Hence, the fathers are half brothers and they are out of the same mare making them a 3/4 relation.

Talkback Forum

Racing And Sports offers our users the chance to get involved with spirited discussion about major racing issues on your Talkback Forum. They may include chatter about racing matters, issues relating to the website, sporting conversation, betting matters and more. Please be aware that Racing And Sports now moderates Talkback to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to. The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing And Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users.

Latest Posts