Lot 57 in this month's Ready to Run Sale at Karaka is a half-sister to Manzoice (Almanzor), who won the prestigious A$2m Group One Victoria Derby (2500m) at Flemington on October 29 with a supreme staying performance.
Manzoice is the second of two foals to race out of the Group Three-winning mare Choice (NZ) (Mastercraftsman). Her filly in the 2022 Ready to Run Sale, a daughter of Shooting To Win, will be offered by KB Bloodstock.
The runner-up in this year's Derby was the top-class kiwi three-year-old Sharp 'N' Smart (NZ) (Redwood), who himself was passed in at the 2021 Ready to Run Sale.
Sharp 'N' Smart showed his star quality in Sydney earlier in the spring, winning the Group One Spring Champion Stakes (2000m) and the Group Three Gloaming Stakes (1600m). His exploits over the last few weeks have provided some significant pedigree updates for his close relative in this year's Ready to Run Sale catalogue, Lot 68 – also by Westbury Stud stallion Redwood.
Mr Maestro began his campaign with a hiss and a roar, collecting three consecutive wins in the Victoria Derby Preview (1800m), Listed Super Impose Stakes (1800m) and Group Three Caulfield Classic (2000m). He then finished a close fourth in the Derby.
Other notable pedigree updates in this year's Ready to Run Sale catalogue include:
- Lot 102 is a half-brother to Kirwan's Lane (NZ) (Charm Spirit), who collected his second black-type victory in last week's Listed Ladies' Day Cup (1600m).
- Classy three-year-old filly Razeta (Deep Field), who won the Listed Desirable Stakes (1400m) during the Melbourne Cup Carnival at Flemington, is a full-sister to Lot 152.
- Lot 276 is a half-brother to Pinstriped (Street Boss), a recent placegetter in the Group Three Sandown Stakes (1500m) and Listed Sofitel Handicap (1400m).
- Lot 95 is closely related to Mirra Vision (Lonhro), who added a runner-up finish in the Group One Empire Rose Stakes (1600m) at Flemington to her CV. The quality mare had previously won the Group Three Angst Stakes (1600m) and placed in the Group One Coolmore Classic (1500m). Lot 116 also comes from the same black-type-laden family.
- Two notable Australian performers are closely related to Lot 128. Daisies (Sebring) won the Group Two Stocks Stakes (1600m) at Moonee Valley in late September, while Zou Tiger (Zoustar) followed an impressive maiden win with a gallant third against a star-studded field of three-year-olds in the Group One Golden Rose (1400m).
- Lot 187 is closely related to the Listed Canterbury Belle Stakes (1200m) winner One Kiss (NZ) (Tivaci).
- Lot 300 is a close relative of Seajetz (NZ) (Iffraaj), who scored his first win in last week's Listed Karaka Classic (1500m).
OTHER GROUP ONE UPDATES
- Lot 41 comes from the same family as Lukka (Lookin At Lucky), who has been a two-time Group One placegetter in Chile as a three-year-old.
- Lot 107 is related to Prowess (NZ) (Proisir), who has placed in this season's Group One New Zealand 2000 Guineas (1600m) and Group Three Soliloquy Stakes (1400m).
- Baller (High Chaparral), from the same family as Lot 131, has been in career-best form in recent weeks with a win in the Group Two Bobbie Lewis Quality (1200m) and a third in Saturday's star-studded A$3m Group One Champions Sprint (1200m). He also placed in the Group Two Gilgai Stakes (1200m).
- Lot 145 comes from the family of the proven Group One winner Mr Brightside (NZ) (Bullbars), who won the Group Two Feehan Stakes (1600m) in September and has since finished third in the Group One Champions Mile (1600m) and fourth in the Might And Power Stakes (2000m).
- The pedigree of Lot 169 features Excelida (Exceed And Excel), whose last three starts have produced a win in the Group Two Rose Of Kingston Stakes (1400m) and a third placing in the Group One Empire Rose Stakes (1600m).
- Lot 174 is from the same family as Revolutionary Miss (Russian Revolution), who was runner-up in the Group One Thousand Guineas (1600m) at Caulfield in October.
- An Irish Group One provides a notable update for Lot 187, with family member Flotus (Starspangledbanner) placing in the Flying Five Stakes (1000m) at the Curragh. She had already won up to Group Three level and placed in the Group One Commonwealth Cup (1200m) and Cheveley Park Stakes (1200m).
- Lot 298 comes from the family of the top-class Mo'unga (NZ) (Savabeel), who placed in the Group One Champions Stakes (2000m) for the second year in succession on Saturday. His spring campaign has also produced placings in the Group One Makybe Diva Stakes (1600m) and Underwood Stakes (1800m).
The 2022 edition of the New Zealand Bloodstock Ready to Run Sale will take place at the Karaka Sales Centre on 16 and 17 November 2022. The Breeze Ups were held at Te Rapa Racecourse on 17 and 18 October.
Online bidding is available for all prospective purchasers via bidonline.nzb.co.nz, plus an extensive online catalogue on the NZB website that will host pedigrees, parade videos and photos, breeze up clips and data analysis, updates and important information to assist your buying decisions.
View the full catalogue and Breeze Up videos online here.