Race 1 - 3:20PM FURPHY HANDICAP (1400 METRES)
2. Strait Acer was sent around big odds on debut at Hawkesbury but he powered to the line in the manner of a horse that won't be a maiden for much longer. His closing splits were as strong on the clock as they were to the eye. Better for that outing and out to 1400m is perfect now.
Dangers: 1. Oriental Tycoon continues to knock on the door but he's proving costly to punters. The blinkers go on for the first time. 4. Joyrider comes through the same race as Strait Acer and should give another sight from in front. 6. Passionate Rebel trialled impressively.
How To Play It: Strait Acer WIN
Race 2 - 4:00PM BLUE POINT YEARLINGS HANDICAP (1300 METRES)
3. Marelle is a full sister to a NZ Oaks winner so 1300m is going to be on the sharp side but she caught the eye late over this same track and trip behind Matcha Latte and A Lot More Love back in August. Her trial since was equally as impressive. Looks a smart filly.
Dangers: The market has the race cornered with 1. Magic Carpet her obvious threat. She was a well performed two-year-old, highlighted by a second to She's Extreme in the G3 Magic Night. She's had two trials so could have a little fitness advantage over Marelle. 5. Zip On By next best.
How To Play it: Marelle WIN
Race 3 - 4:40PM CASTELVECCHIO FIRST YEARLINGS HANDICAP (1250 METRES)
There were no excuses for 3. Comrade Rosa second up. She just found one better. Concede that she is very well found on the back of that effort but inclined to give her one more chance. This isn't any harder, James McDonald sticks and she gets another dry track.
Dangers: 1. Our Modena comes through that same race as Comrade Rosa and didn't get a lot of room to let down in the straight. Would be no surprise to see her turn the tables. Big watch on 2. Grace's Secret, the former Kiwi that contested Group races over the carnival.
How To Play It: Comrade Rosa WIN
Race 4 - 5:20PM HALL CHADWICK HANDICAP (1250 METRES)
2. Tango Fame comes through that same race. He was sent around the race outsider but charged home into fourth.
Dangers: He'll be out the back with 10. Sunshine In Paris, a filly that was brilliant on debut at Canberra gapping her rivals. She's untapped.
How To Play It: Tango Fame WIN
Race 5 - 6:00PM HYLAND RACE COLOURS HANDICAP (1250 METRES)
6. Shadow Devil came from last to run Democracy Manifest to a narrow margin at Warwick Farm first up before just missing in similar circumstances three weeks later. He has been freshened since then. Well set up on another dry track to go one better.
Dangers: 5. King Of The Castle will also appreciate a dry deck. This is on the short side for him but love the way he brushed home in his latest trial. 7. Micro has also caught the eye in his trials and finds James McDonald. 11. Gundy Bridge will give a sight despite a lengthy layoff.
How To Play It: Shadow Devil WIN
Race 6 - 6:30PM RACING AND SPORTS HANDICAP (1800 METRES)
10. Thousand Years never got into the race last start at Kembla Grange when hard in the market. She flopped out the back and struck traffic. Third up out to 1800m she's well placed to bounce back, and at good odds. Hoping Sam Clipperton can use the draw to park up in behind the speed.
Dangers: 5. Travelling Kate looks to assume control of this race from in front and with Tim Clark riding, she'll be hard to catch. 4. Rosovo has been getting too far back. That shouldn't be the excuse given the set up here. 3. Kermanding might be worth one more chance.
How To Play It: Thousand Years EACH WAY
Race 7 - 7:00PM DOWNLOAD THE TAB APP HANDICAP (1400 METRES)
3. Baltic Coast was brilliant first up behind Deep Snow given the lack of pressure up front. He settled out the back yet sliced his way through the field to run second. This is no harder, he's fitter for that and finds James McDonald. Looks one of the better bets across the meeting.
Dangers: 10. This'Llbetheone came through a deep race at Randwick first up to score a determined win at Newcastle. Even better suited here out to 1400m. 5. Aramis has plenty of talent and his three trials indicate that he'll need every bit of the 1400m first up to figure.
How To Play It: Baltic Coast WIN