|Race 1 - 2:20PM YES YES YES FIRST YEARLINGS PLATE (1300 METRES)
3. Make A Call has looked very green in both starts over 1000m but also very strong at the finish so stepping up in trip should be right up his alley. He'll be able to find his feet with virtually a straight run to the turn and if he's in touch will take holding out.
Dangers: 7. Tom Kitten commands respect as he switches to Sydney and drops in class after his debut fourth down the straight at Flemington. Led there and had his chance as favourite but open to improvement. 1. Autunno was very good late on debut behind Red Resistance and Steel City at Rosehill, form which is pretty strong for a maiden. He did run eighth but different set up here and the 1300m should be in his favour. Keep safe. 4. Maktabi showed some improvement into his second trial this preparation after trialling in the early spring. He was ridden up but chased Mexico pretty well in second place there and under race conditions he can be expected to be forward. Can give a sight.
How to play it: Make A Call WIN ($4.20 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: ODDS.
|Race 2 - 2:55PM VINERY YEARLINGS HANDICAP (1200 METRES)
1. Pereille is going to start short and this does appear a good chance for him to break through after placings in all three starts back in the early spring. Looked the part winning his Hawkesbury trial and with even luck should get a win on the board.
Dangers: 7. Ring Ahoy threatened to win a race last preparation and while he didn't he showed enough to say one isn't too far away. Has a backmarker pattern which may be against him but he should be hitting the line with purpose. 3. Warby returns as a gelding and the blinkers come off after disappointing in two runs in the spring. His debut effort behind Queen Of The Ball in the Black Opal says he has the talent and he's the one to be wary of. 5. Lomandra was spelled after failing on debut at Group 3 level in Melbourne. She did trial strongly leading into that race so perhaps it was the class as she's again performed nicely in practice for this. Couldn't leave her out of the chances.
How to play it: Pereille WIN ($1.85 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: ODDS.
|Race 3 - 3:30PM CASTELVECCHIO FIRST YEARLINGS HANDICAP (1400 METRES)
4. Moscow Night steps out of maiden company after a strong all the way win over this course a month ago and there's every chance he gets control once again. Plenty to like about his subsequent trial win and expect JMac will use gate one to advantage. Hard to beat.
Dangers: 3. Wollombi was able to weave through from the second half to win in 72 grade against the mares on Australia Day so rises 3.5kg here. Smaller field a plus as she has the turn of foot if she's within range. Logical threat. 1. Atlantic Ocean started $16 when he resumed over 1200m at the same meeting and worked home okay to be beaten two lengths. Tactics will be interesting from the outside gate but won his maiden over this course in October and is a likely improver. 2. Dirty Merchant was too good first-up at Canberra in a Class 1 then again sat handy but didn't reproduce it at Wyong a few weeks ago. Worth another chance.
How to play it: Moscow Night WIN ($2.90 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
|Race 4 - 4:05PM SCHWEPPES HANDICAP (2200 METRES)
2. Handsome has this race tailor made for him after jumping from a runaway Class 1 win to a sound effort from last in a BM78 at Rosehill third-up. Draws ideally and has the grounding now with two 2000m runs under his belt and the class drop on his side too. Clearly on top.
Dangers: 5. Flambeur backed up a handy Midway effort with a Wyong win at 2100m before dropping to 1580m with a month between runs and performing okay to run fourth. Much better suited up in distance again and is a good chance. 9. Mikasa is a consistent mare racing in typically solid form at the moment and was just touched out over 2400m at Kembla last time. On pacer who will give a good sight again. 1. Fudai is an up comer who backed up a maiden win at Canterbury with a strong finishing Class 1 victory at Kembla. Carries 2kg less after the claim and no surprise if he measures up.
How to play it: Handsome WIN ($2.90 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
|Race 5 - 4:40PM TAB HANDICAP (1200 METRES)
4. Cotton Fingers looked a coming winner with a slashing first-up placing here back in December then went to Rosehill almost a month ago and was okay beaten 1.6 lengths, checking off heels late the in the race. Plenty to like here with another nice gate and have to give him another chance.
Dangers: 7. Latenighttoughguy scored an exciting first-up win at Gosford at his first run for 18 months since returning from Hong Kong. Then looked a bit unlucky not to score at Canterbury almost three weeks ago when held up at a vital stage. Goes to 1200m now and is a major player. 2. Le Vizir is honest and while it took him a couple to strike top form last time in he's trialled up okay and fits into this race well fresh if they overdo it. More than capable of surprising. 9. Cardone beat Shalatin on debut at Canterbury then went straight to this class and found the line okay late into fourth at Randwick. Jockey did lose the whip there at the 200m. Well worth including.
How to play it: Cotton Fingers WIN ($3.70 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
|Race 6 - 5:15PM TOO DARN HOT FIRST YEARLINGS HANDICAP (1100 METRES)
2. Miss Fox might have a good chance to post a city win in a race that should be truly run. He charged late over 1000m here into third place a month ago, draws to get a nice smother and if she gets a shot at them late is the type that could easily ambush a field like this.
Dangers: 3. Sunrise Ruby is in a similar boat, she has a big finish on her and will settle back looking to make a late bid. She'd only have to reproduce either of her two second placings that started her last prep to put herself right in the finish. 11. Jayanthi was a shade disappointing when resuming at Wyong as a $2.70 but she did run on to be beaten 1.8 lengths. Fitter and has James McDonald to steer. Likely improver. 1. Diamond Dealer rises 7.5kg after her all the way win at Randwick a few weeks back in a BM78 where she defeated subsequent winner Munitions. Trickier set up here but Warwick Farm is forgiving to wide gates at this start. Definite chance.
How to play it: Miss Fox E/W ($12 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
|Race 7 - 5:50PM DAVALI THOROUGHBREDS HANDICAP (1400 METRES)
3. Silent Agenda hasn't won for a while but there has been plenty of merit in his recent efforts suggesting he's going well enough to win if he gets conditions to suit. Tried hard over this course on Australia Day when fourth and gets the blinkers back on. Solid each-way hope.
Dangers: 11. Minouche found herself well back in a small field and while she picked up okay late thought she was entitled to at least run third. Fitter here, though, and expecting some improvement from her. 5. Fantastic Baby ran a super race in a Midway when resuming last prep at 1500m then just fair in three starts after that. She's trialled, has the inside gate, and blinkers on so is one to include in the chances, especially if she can reproduce that last fresh effort. 9. Mission Value started $6 in a similar race last start and knocked up after leading. Previous two efforts were great for a race like this including his second to Think About It, so he's well worth another chance especially if he gets control.
How to play it: Silent Agenda E/W ($7.00 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: ODDS.