Race 1 - 12:55PM ADELAIDE HOTEL COUNTRY BOOSTED MAIDEN PLATE (1650 METRES)
10. Rarzino found some consistency this time in and looks to be working up to a win. Game in defeat off a wide gate at Orange over a similar trip last time and stays down in the weights. Good chance.
Dangers: 8. Heir Jordan has been thereabouts without winning of late. Steps up to the mile after a few even efforts at 1400m including one at this track. Has to be included in the contenders. 2. Dodgeball has had a few chances but is going well and stuck on okay when runner-up over the mile at Sapphire Coast. Has every hope again. 5. Walk Up Start started favourite at Queanbeyan last week and boxed on but was no match for the winner. Back up to the mile likely a plus so has a show.
How to play it: Rarzino WIN ($4.00 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: EVENS.
Race 2 - 1:35PM BAY POST / MORUYA EXAMINER MAIDEN HANDICAP (1010 METRES)
4. Manzoni is an ex-Godolphin 3yo now trained locally and has been gelded. Finished nicely on the inside to win a trial at Nowra a few weeks back, draws nicely and probably holds the key to the race. Betting a good pointer too.
Dangers: 10. Tickle Our Fancy is a big watch on debut for Robert & Luke Price. She wasn't asked for anything in running fourth in a Kembla trial a month ago and bears close watching here. 8. Miss Patrika also steps out for the first time and she was competitive in her Kembla trial at the same session. That was first trial since October. Could show up. 1. Montebello's Charm is ex-David Payne and now with Danny Williams. Ran a nice race on debut at Kensington and only other start was on a heavy 9. Very quiet trial leading in and is another to keep an eye on.
How to play it: Manzoni WIN ($2.15 TAB Fixed Odds); Odds & Evens: EVENS.
Race 3 - 2:10PM MORUYA VETERINARY HOSPITAL MAIDEN PLATE (1200 METRES)
4. Prometio Mas was game in defeat after a wide run at Canberra a month ago. She hit the lead in the straight and couldn't hold them off late but solid running third. Draws perfectly and has to be considered.
Dangers: 7. Headstock found the line well second-up but couldn't get near the winner who was cruising on the post at Kembla. Draws inside this time and might settle a bit closer. One of the chances. 9. Twobobrob debuted with a handy second over 900m at Newcastle then a bit one paced at Kembla. Blinkers on and up to 1200m so entitled to another look. 12. Gypsy Romance improved second-up at Wagga when on speed and holding on for second in a maiden. Awkward gate but ready to peak and could show up with luck.
How to play it: Prometio Mas E/W ($19 TAB Fixed Odds); Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
Race 4 - 2:45PM ALL ABOUT GLASS BENCHMARK 58 HANDICAP (1650 METRES)
4. Lights On The Hill isn't far off a win and he does race well on his home track. Handy effort behind a promising type at Goulburn fourth-up, this is no harder and draws to get a perfect run. Sure to be in the finish.
Dangers: 8. Stormy Witness is a promising three-year-old who was strong on the line to win a maiden over 1300m first-up. She shapes as though a mile will suit and she could measure up. 1. Zedly fought hard to win first-up then backed it up with a sound second at Canberra in a Class 1. Down in class into this, draws well and is capable of featuring. 7. Sir Finn was right up in class at Sapphire Coast last time in the Merimbula Cup. Placed in this grade at his two previous starts so worth another chance each-way.
How to play it: Lights On The Hill E/W ($5.50 TAB Fixed Odds); Odds & Evens: EVENS.
Race 5 - 3:25PM HARCOURTS BATEMANS BAY BENCHMARK 66 HANDICAP (1010 METRES)
11. Nomara showed a heap of promise in her first prep but went under as a $1.35 favourite first-up last time in where she went a bit quick in front. Liked how she finished off her trial at Hawkesbury recently and this race looks suitable.
Dangers: 6. Puerto Rico is now with Matthew Kelley and had some handy form up north including a Class 3 win at Grafton in August. No public trials so keep an eye on betting. 16. Forbes won a maiden here in September and this time in he's been honest without winning with three placings on end. Likely to be around the mark again. 7. Prince Nicconi disappointed last time at Wagga at his first run for three months. On his second to Opal Ridge in a Highway back in September he'd go very close here.
How to play it: Nomara WIN ($3.70 TAB Fixed Odds); Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
Race 6 - 4:05PM AMH AUTO GROUP MORUYA BENCHMARK 58 HANDICAP (1200 METRES)
10. Calmer Karma is well placed in a BM58 first-up. Chased Manderboss at Wagga three runs back and his recent trial at Warwick Farm was super. Expect him to race handy here and be very hard to get past.
Dangers: 15. My Blue Jeans is racing in great form this time in with three seconds on end at Goulburn and Albury. He's back from 1400m but while in this sort of mood he's more than capable of giving it a shake. 3. Merc was runner-up to Participator then backed it up with a solid win at Sapphire Coast in this class. Rarely too far away and he's an each-way chances as always. 6. Greaves is trained here and has finished top three in each start on his home track. Forgive last time behind Mogo Magic in a Highway. Drawn one and can be competitive.
How to play it: Calmer Karma WIN ($3.00 TAB Fixed Odds); Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
Race 7 - 4:45PM NEWHAVEN PARK SERA COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS (1400 METRES)
10. Invertational is a talented filly chasing four straight and she chased very hard to win at Canberra a month ago over this trip with 58kg. Biggest test to date but she'll be strong at the finish and is a good each-way chance.
Dangers: 1. Testator Silens won this race last year at Nowra and has taken on stronger company in this season. Nice effort first-up at Group 3 level at Randwick and the draw gives him every chance. Logical danger. 5. I'Ve Bean Tryin' hit the line hard when resuming at Warwick Farm and would have run third in another bound. Ticked over with a trial win since and has trialled on this track too. With any luck he'll be hard to hold out. 7. Eastern Glow charged late to get up on the line in a Highway at Rosehill on January 28. Kept fresh for the 100m drop in trip and did win here back in December. Go well. 2. Toretto ran on into third in the Moruya Cup two months ago and hasn't raced since. His best form is good enough and he's worth including in the multiples.
How to play it: Invertational E/W ($10 TAB Fixed Odds); Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
Race 8 - 5:25PM 2EC / POWER FM COUNTRY BOOSTED CLASS 2 PLATE (1425 METRES)
6. Jalmari is one from 20 but he has the most ability and is well suited in a Class 2 plate. The question is can he finish the race off. He's had a couple of trials in strong company and his latest was a nice clean out, trip suits fresh and he's entitled to run well.
Dangers: 8. My Girona is ready for this trip after three runs back and was sound when placed at Goulburn a few weeks ago. Won't be too far away again. 11. Belleistic Kids ran well first-up for a second, in the same race as My Girona, at Sapphire Coast at the end of January then a bit flat there last time out. Capable of improvement. 1. Go Gazza ran second in the latter race as a $14 chance after settling at the tail and running on. Draw against him but if he can repeat the effort he can get into the mix.
How to play it: Jalmari WIN ($3.50 TAB Fixed Odds); Odds & Evens: EVENS.