Race 1 - 12:15PM RAILWAY HOTEL & COURTHOUSE HOTEL 2YO HANDICAP (1000 METRES)
2. La Boqueria wasn't disgraced in a strong city maiden on debut then did it easily off a wide gate breaking through at Coffs Harbour as a short priced favourite. Ideally drawn here and likely starts short once again. Clearly the one to beat.
Dangers: 9. Hot Jive stuck on well when runner-up at Bathurst first-up. Thrown in a deeper pool at Scone last time and wasn't disgraced. Softer gate and a plus and she has good chance to feature in the finish. 1. Dayu is on debut and he has trialled twice this month, the latest on the synthetic at Newcastle. Not sure where he lines up so check betting for a pointer. 4. Go Isla Go is another stepping out for the first time and she's only had one trial, also on the synthetic, where she wasn't asked for anything at all after leading. May need luck from the gate but worth keeping safe.
How to play it: La Boqueria WIN ($1.65 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
Race 2 - 12:50PM H&M REFRIGERATION COUNTRY BOOSTED MAIDEN HCP (1250M)
1. Aimpoint is an ex-Godolphin galloper now with Mack Griffith and he's found a race that's his for the taking. Canterbury placing was sound then no luck at Gosford before the stable switch. Recent trial was nice, drawn to get his chance and is well entitled to be favourite.
Dangers: 3. Mr Scorefield could be a big improver on his local debut at Tamworth two weeks ago. Had support but didn't really get into the race over 1000m so up in trip and with the run under his belt he can lift. Barrier not ideal but respect. 4. Green Run didn't do a whole lot in his first two starts then sprung to life with a strong late finish into second at Moree after getting well back. Needs to back that performance up but if he can another placing is within reach. 2. Bertie has a horror draw for his debut but there was nothing wrong with his recent trial at Muswellbrook. Could surprise.
How to play it: Aimpoint WIN ($1.80 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: ODDS.
Race 3 - 1:30PM JAMES BRADFORD RURAL MAIDEN PLATE (1400 METRES)
12. Songbird Star did enough on debut at Mudgee to suggest there's a win in his sights soon. No match for the winner there but stayed on and sure to be better for it. Likely lands handy and has a good chance to go one better.
Dangers: 1. Blue Canasta had his first run for Stirling Osland and went down narrowly at Quirindi a few weeks back. Promising effort and draws to get every chance to improve on it. Go well. 14. Tapa Kick is on debut and based on his latest trial kicking off at this trip should suit. Imagine he gives away a bit of a start early but look for him to be running on. 6. Spiral Architect started a drifting favourite at his first run for the new stable and faded after sitting on the speed. Best form prior was around a mile or so, he's a possible improver with the run under his belt and stepping up in trip.
How to play it: Songbird Star WIN ($2.30 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
Race 4 - 2:10PM XXXX GOLD BENCHMARK 58 HANDICAP (2050 METRES)
6. Spoke To Rajiv has the hoof right on the till with seconds in three of his four starts for the stable. Form around him is okay too. Narrowly beaten here before a game effort up in class at Scone. Suited here and sure to be around the mark again.
Dangers: 3. La Brea led and knocked up when resuming over 1500m at Muswellbrook and steps straight into her preferred range. Won a couple in Queensland at this sort of trip last time in and fitted with a trial just over a week ago. Definite chance. 2. Jimmy Manolo might not have appreciated the heavy at Queanbeyan when a well beaten favourite there two weeks ago. Winner in this grade at Nowra three runs back and on his best can feature. 4. Love Rules started favourite when an even third in the same race as Spoke To Rajiv here at the start of the month. Honest and is one of the each-way chances.
How to play it: Spoke To Rajiv E/W ($4.80 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
Race 5 - 2:50PM HUTCHEON & PEARCE COUNTRY BOOSTED BM58 HANDICAP (1250M)
11. Leggy Point has the outside gate to contend with but her form stands head and shoulders above her rivals. Tried hard behind Once Again My Girl then solid on speed behind the promising Burling at Tamworth. Down in grade and with any luck should go close.
Dangers: 6. Shen Gui won three starts ago at Newcastle in this company and his two runs since at Muswellbrook have been even. Did starts $21 last time and had his chance running fourth but perhaps a little less depth here. 10. Mishani Vandal struck a heavy track last time and didn't run on as expected but was dominant before that at Narromine on good ground. Racing well of late, overall, and entitled to another chance. 5. Flying Pretty led all the way to an easy win in a Benchmark 50 two starts back then up to this class and wasn't disgraced from a wide gate. Not without an each-way hope.
How to play it: Leggy Point WIN ($6.50 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
Race 6 - 3:29PM ULTRAFLEET LIGHTNING SHOWCASE HANDICAP (1000 METRES)
5. Schiller Bay struck winning form at his fifth run back and did it quite stylishly as favourite at Taree. Gets in nicely dropping 4kg on that win as he has been competitive in this sort of grade recently. Likes to race handy and should be in the finish.
Dangers: 7. Bullinachinashop can be forgiven for her last start unplaced effort at Grafton. Prior to that she ran a solid second there and placed in the Quirindi Lightning back in February. She's capable of being a player here. 13. Ostracised resumes and showed a bit of promise last time in. Fitter for two trials and while drawn wide if there's any support he'd be worth keeping safe. 3. Moetta is mixing her distances of late. Won the Wellington Town Plate at 1100m before a game second at Tamworth up to 1400m last time. Speedy and can give a sight if she gets across.
How to play it: Schiller Bay WIN ($2.90 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: ODDS.
Race 7 - 4:07PM MANNION DRILLING GUNNEDAH CUP (1600 METRES)
***BIG DANCE ELIGIBILITY***
3. Akasawa relished the step up in distance as he raced away with a BM78 at the Scone carnival a couple of weeks ago. Rises 3kg on that but plummets in class. Drawn to have every chance, he should be better than midfield in the run and despite the weight is the horse to beat.
Dangers: 5. Rogue Bear had no luck at all when fourth at Kensington earlier this month. Enjoyed a nice run to the turn but didn't get a look at them until the race was all over and he made late ground down the outside. Gate one sees him stalk and he's a big threat. 10. Floating disappointed in the same race as Akasawa and started shorter in the market so he's worth another chance. Three placings prior to that were on heavy ground so perhaps that was a factor coming back to good for the first time in a while. Must include. 12. Osman is the up and comer and he ran them off their feet to win the Parkes Cup over a mile two weeks ago. Will roll forward and it's a matter of whether he's up to this level now.
How to play it: Akasawa WIN ($2.90 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: ODDS.
Race 8 - 4:41PM THOMSON ELECTRICAL CLASS 1 SHOWCASE HANDICAP (1400 METRES)
2. Little Beginnings bumped into an in-form horse at Newcastle two runs back and wasn't disgraced in a solid Class 2 at Scone last time out. Had his chance but stayed on. Blinkers go on and he's found a very winnable race. Take beating.
Dangers: 1. Competition comes through the same race and finished just ahead in fourth at his first run for Cody Morgan. Trickier gate to deal with here but fitter and looks the logical danger. 6. Cirebon has been sound in two runs back. Led and tried to kick away but was reeled in when runner-up at Tuncurry last time at this trip. Imagine she goes forward again and is in the conversation. 10. Adelinda is a lot better than her form reads and if she could find an effort like her fourth to Karedada second-up at Newcastle she could surprise. Strike rate is a worry but a placing is within reach at least.
How to play it: Little Beginnings WIN ($2.70 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: SPLIT.