R1 - 1:35PM THE REGIONAL BUSINESS CHAMBER PERPETUAL TROPHY M (1000 M)
Leaning towards 8. Superstruck who brings a fitness edge relative to her key rivals, and she has a positive race setup. The filly had all favours last start, but she tried hard in defeat to hold on for second in a race that produced a high-rating last section. She can roll forward with no weight on her back after the claim for apprentice Holly Durnan and be hard to catch.
Dangers: Respect 2. Impending Love who resumes without an official public trial, and she brings provincial form lines. Further, the mare brings the best figure into this event and watch the late market. 7. Spirit Lake is another runner returning, and she is now in the hands of trainer Darrell Burnet. Expect her to improve on the country circuit, and she receives the key jockey booking of Danny Beasley. Debutant 1. Boy From Tennessee has trialled well enough and wasn't extended in a recent heat at Wagga.
How to play it: Superstruck WIN ($2.50 TAB Fixed Odds).
Race 2 - 2:10PM WALDRON'S FRESH IGA BM58 HCP (1300 METRES)
2. Gold Tracker will look to make it back-to-back wins, and he is coming off a career peak effort/figure when bolting in at Wagga last start. The gelding was run to suit, but he showed a strong closing speed and ran over the top of his rivals, running one of the fastest final 200m splits of the meeting. He only has to hold his form to be hard to beat here.
Dangers: 8. Griffinstown Girl, who is a knockout chance, maps to control the speed, and she may get the track pattern to suit. 7. Blazing Zone is deep into his preparation, but he raced well last start at Wagga, and he receives barrier one here. 4. Let's Get Animal, who resumes, has trialled well enough.
How to play it: Gold Tracker WIN ($1.60 TAB Fixed Odds).
Race 3 - 2:45PM THE VICTORIA HOTEL - RUTHERGLEN CLASS 1 HANDICAP (1400 METRES)
9. Sur Ronhlo was resuming off a 412-day break when first-up at Swan Hill, and his run had more merit than the form guide reads. He got too far back from a wide draw but ran on well-running hidden closing splits and recorded one of the fastest final 200m sectionals of the day. He receives a significant barrier change, allowing him to settle closer, and with natural improvement, he can be in the finish with the extra ground suiting. Each-way.
Dangers: 5. Persian Dancer profiles well for this and drops sharply in grade. She is a consistent type and is ready to peak third-up. 2. Bia Tinne has a favourable map, and he will be hard to catch from the inside draw. 6. Tiger Leny is rock-hard fit and will be hitting the line.
How to play it: Sur Ronhlo E/W ($13 TAB Fixed Odds).
Race 4 - 3:25PM THE GLOBE HOTEL - COROWA BENCHMARK 58 HANDICAP (1600 METRES)
5. Wannabeapoodle started favourite last start at Wodonga 16 days ago and was only narrowly beaten. The gelding sat outside the leader at a moderate tempo and battled on well to hold third. Moreover, he is rock-hard fit and brings a competitive last-start figure. Expect him to be hard to run down from barrier one, and the track pattern may also suit.
Dangers: 3. Daly Heads is a last-start winner in a stronger grade but jumps sharply in trip here. However, he can rate to win and is another honest on-pace type. 7. Sweet Tycoon comes through the same race as Wannabeapoodle, and the blinkers go back on. Add 8. Let's Get Festive to trifectas and first fours.
How to play it: Wannabeapoodle WIN ($5.50 TAB Fixed Odds).
Race 5 - 4:05PM CIRCA 1936 LUXURY ACOMMODATION MAIDEN (1600 METRES)
12. Undisturbed was solid first-up at Wodonga 16 days ago in a high-pressure race. The six-year-old has come in on a strong figure and raced honestly last preparation in time races. Additionally, he receives a senior rider and expect him to settle closer, stepping out to 1600m. Each-way.
Dangers: 1. Wandjad is building towards a peak performance third-up, and he ran strong closing splits last start. He is still lightly raced and open to improvement. 7. Monaco Award has provincial form lines, and third-up last prep was his peak performance for his campaign. 3. Astern Torch will roll forward and is now at optimal fitness.
How to play it: Undisturbed E/W ($7.00 TAB Fixed Odds).
Race 6 - 4:40PM WINEMAKERS OF RUTHERGLEN MAIDEN PLATE (1300 METRES)
Keen on 8. Ruperts Red Rocket, who started a well-fancied favourite last start at Albury, had genuine excuses, and his run had hidden merit. The gelding had no luck throughout transit, losing his spot, and then was checked/blocked at critical stages in the straight. Further, he was forced back to the inferior ground but picked himself well and ran solid closing splits relative to the meeting. He now has a strong platform and is ready to peak third-up over more ground.
Dangers: 9. Voliero is now in the hands of trainer Michael Travers, and he brings solid Victorian provincial form lines. Market watch on debutuant 13. O'Please who is wound up for this event after having three trials leading into it. Forgive 12. Houdini Catarno's first-up effort, where she raced wide and add 10. Wray The Grey to trifectas and first fours.
How to play it: Ruperts Red Rocket ($3.60 TAB Fixed Odds).
Race 7 - 5:15PM CANN'S BUSLINES CLASS 3 HANDICAP (1000 METRES)
5. Scoffa was specked late in the trade first-up at Wagga, and he was honest in defeat, holding on for third. His historical profile suggests he can improve sharply here second-up with his record, and his figures support this. He has a tactical map advantage over some of his key rivals and will give a sight.
Dangers: 2. Ruckman went out on a career peak figure when winning at Benella before spelling. He has an awkward draw, but he looks forward enough to run well here after a solid recent trial at Albury. 1. Wild Irish Rover will have on-pace favours and add 4. Teetotal to trifectas and first fours.
How to play it: Scoffa WIN ($6.50 TAB Fixed Odds).