|Race 1 - 1:15PM SPRING HILL PROVINCIAL MAIDEN PLATE (1600 METRES)|
9. Platinum Asset has a strong platform and indicates she is ready to peak third-up over more distance. The filly hit the line well last start at Orange in a solid time race with decisive margins, which confirmed the quality. She will be suited to the bigger track, allowing her to build through her gears and swoop over the top of her rivals late.
Dangers: 7. Sulwaan is on a seven-day backup and brings the best last-start figure. Some query back in distance, but she'll roll forward and will take some catching. 6. Keys To Love has been up for a while, but she had no luck last start and is ready to break through for her maiden win. 3. Owari receives the blinkers, which will suit and add 1. Blackall to trifectas and first fours.
How to play it: Platinum Asset WIN ($6.00 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: ODDS.
|Race 2 - 1:50PM PORT KEMBLA CLASS 1 HANDICAP (1000 METRES)|
Leaning towards 1. Time To Boogie who ran time winning at this track/distance first-up. The three-year-old led at a strong pace and kept finding under pressure to fight off the late challengers. Moreover, there has been a subsequent winner to confirm the form. The Michael Freedman trained galloper receives a significant barrier change and will roll forward from the soft draw and give a sight.
Dangers: 5. Dancing Alone showed a nice turn of foot to score on debut at Canberra and looks a real improver. Expect her to stalk the speed and, with even luck, will be in the finish. 4. Shalaa's Moment was brave, winning in her first start after sitting three-wide the trip and trying hard to the line. 7. Headstock had no luck first-up last prep, and he races well at his home track. Suspect 2. Treasurer needs more ground, but he was solid last prep.
How to play it: Time To Boogie WIN ($2.80 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: ODDS.
|Race 3 - 2:25PM WARRAWONG CG&E MAIDEN HANDICAP (1200 METRES)|
6. Septime resumes without an official public trial, but his first-up performances from his last two campaigns have been full of merit. Moreover, the figures he has posted on those two occasions line up well relative to his rivals, and the late market moves will be key. The Jean Dubois trained galloper has a tricky draw, but the winkers go on for the first time, and he can be in the finish.
Dangers: 4. Separatist brings a race fitness edge, and he was solid last start in a high-rating race, running third with a big gap to fourth. He maps to control the pace and will be hard to get past. 1. Grand Crusader has trialled well and gets a positive race setup here with barrier one and Brenton Advulla riding. 7. Iknowastar can bounce back and debutant 2. Ludo will be hitting the line hard late.
How to play it: Septime WIN ($4.80 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: EVENS.
|Race 4 - 3:05PM CRINGILA F&M MAIDEN HANDICAP (1200 METRES)|
Forget 1. Avebury's first-up performance in the Gold Coast's feature Magic Millions Maiden Plate (1200m), where the filly had multiple excuses. Further, she started $6 in the market, raced wide throughout in a fast tempo and checked on the turn, but to her credit, she still closed off well. The John O'Shea galloper profiles well for this event and has multiple winning figures. In addition, she drops back a provincial maiden, maps to have all favours and Brenton Advulla rides.
Dangers: 7. Showsumgrit has trialled ok but was solid in her last campaign, coming through proven form lines. Sam Clipperton rides, and if they overdo it up front, expect her to be savaging the line. 3. First Class Molley sat outside the leader in a strong tempo and was honest in defeat at this track on debut. The three-year-old will be fitter and will roll forward from the wide gate. 2. Bindi's Choice will appreciate the step up in distance and add 11. Choix De La Mer to trifectas and first fours.
How to play it: Avebury WIN ($2.30 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: ODDS.
|Race 5 - 3:40PM BERKELEY MAIDEN PLATE (1400 METRES)|
2. Island Legend's last start had hidden merit, and he is set to peak here third-up. The gelding was three wide out on a limb, working the entire trip in a fast tempo and to his credit, he kept trying hard to the line, finishing fourth. Further, that race rated highly relative to the day, and there have been two subsequent winners to confirm the form. The Terry Croft trained galloper has a much more favourable race setup in this event and maps to have all favours. In addition, he has multiple winning figures and represents value. Good each-way.
Dangers: 12. Poetic Drama has been consistent in this preparation and is on seven-day backup. She receives a gear change and will appreciate the rise up to 1400m. Diaco had excuses last start and can bounce back with a senior rider engaged. First starter 10. Whatadilemma has trialled well and add 5. Crazy Russian to trifectas and first fours.
How to play it: Island Legend E/W ($6.50 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: EVENS.
|Race 6 - 4:20PM LAKE HEIGHTS MIDWAY BENCHMARK 64 HANDICAP (1400 METRES)|
16. Spats Pav Bowie went to a new level last start at Queanbeyan with the blinkers applied, and he bolted in by seven lengths. The gelding brings the best last-start figure; expect him to roll forward and be hard to catch.
Dangers: Market watch 1. Always Sure who has had a long time off but brings solid form lines to this event. Forget 2. Cuban Granchico's first-up effort in Midway grade, where he had no luck. He receives a much more positive race setup here and maps to lead. Add 10. Butch'N'Bugs and 7. Martini Crusader to trifectas and first fours.
How to play it: Spats Pav Bowie WIN ($6.00 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
|Race 7 - 4:55PM UNANDERRA BENCHMARK 64 HANDICAP (2000 METRES)|
7. State Of America was impressive, breaking through for his maiden win last start at Gosford. The gelding did it on both ends leading at a strong tempo and then sprinting away from his rivals. Further, that race rated highly relative to the day, and the decisive margins throughout confirmed the form. The lightly raced galloper will appreciate the rise in distance, and key indicators suggest he will improve again. Expect a bold showing.
Dangers: 3. Charity Spirit started a $3 favourite last start at this track/distance but had excuses. She is rock-hard fit and can rate to win with luck from the draw. 8. Desi Emperor is in-form, winning his last two starts and deserves his chance in this grade. The three-year-old maps to have all favours and can give a sight. 5. Ausbred Bluebird has a strong record, and the 2000m second-up suits. 2. Spaltet receives a significant barrier change and can settle closer here.
How to play it: State Of America WIN ($4.00 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: ODDS.
Best Bet: Race 5 # 2 – Island Legend
Next Best: Race 7 # 7 – State Of America
Best Value: Race 2 # 6 – Septime