Merchant Navy

Rex
Merchant Navy has just won first up for AOB in Ireland. In the process he beat the likes of Brando and Tasleet and did it giving away weight (keep in mind he would be getting weight in Australia) as he was carrying a G1 winners penalty.

Slightly slow to break and made up good ground from the tail to pass some good sprinters. The pleasing thing for connections is the fact AOB said beforehand he would need the run and would come on leaps and bounds for Royal Ascot.

Keep in mind SSB was unplaced first up for AOB before winning at Royal Ascot. Very tidy effort and the first reacted immediately.
You need to Login to Post a Answer in the Forum

You got up early to type this? But you've forgotten to provide that list of lays. What are you hiding?!

Just waiting for your clarification Khrapper. Can't be that hard can it?

Still waiting Khrapper. Come on.

Rex

Coolmore pay $26 million for an Australian sprinter with 1 G1 next to its name- but they haven't a freaking clue, have they K Dill?

Laughable

My god you talk some nonsense. I trashed this thread? Umm have another look at who was talking about MN going to stud and who then came on here to spout his usual hateful spiel against anything that's even looked at a map of Australia.

Mate, you're a termite and this forum is the log cabin you've destroyed over 18 years.

And if YOU want to make outrageous claims of ridiculously high strike rates and profits the burden of proof is on you, not me. I'm sure you've gotten others to give in to you over the years, but I will not be doing YOUR homework. So stop deflecting and get into that list. (Or are you hiding something?)

P.S. Does your dictionary not have an entry for 'import'?

Rex

K Dill

Diamond Jubilee is aG1 race over the 6 furlongs heads at the world premiere flat meeting (I know these things need pointing out).

Despite it being 10,000 miles from Australia, Australian horses are 2nd and 3rd favourite for the race behind the worlds highest rated 6 furlong horse.

You really are a dill champ.

Is it true he'll only race one or two more times before going to stud?

Rex

Sadly yes. They paid I believe $27 million for him.

But if he was to come out and run well in the Diamond Jubilee without winning it, they may chance their arm one more to time in something like the July Cup to get a European G1 next to his name.

Hmm it's very hard to turn down that kind of money. Perhaps such a sprinter has another season and best case scenario wins the best 3 or 4 sprints in Australia and adds a few million to his prizemoney and a little more to his stud value. Then again he could lose form or have a freak accident and some, or all is lost.

Where is Khrapper? Doesn't he want to bang on about one of our horses that has only won in restricted 3yo grade prior to this victory? You know, our terrible sprinters with no depth?

Khrapper,

Perhaps you can reel off the 40 lays you have supposedly made in the last 18 years, preferably before the sun explodes or John Farnham really retires. No one else can provide that information.

What are you hiding?

Clip Clop. Clip Clop. ROFLMAO

WCF as you have trashed another thread and made everything all about me again I take the opportunity to remind you all my lays are in the history of threads here. Just do a search. Don't be lazy. If you cannot find them you need to work harder for once.

I don't know why you persist Khap. Although you've made some token profits, the Superlay thread clearly demonstrates that you are not in the same league as the Forum big boys.

Quite right the quality and depth of Aussie sprinters racing, or should I say walking, around in Aussie is abysmal.

It is so bad they are hanging their hats on an import returning home. Just another embarrassment for Aussie.

Perhaps if you disagree you can reel off the top 10 Aussie sprinters to have raced in Aussie in the last year preferably four legged ones. No one else can provide that information.

Happy to help you out Khrapper.

Before I begin, I do need you to qualify something for me. What do you define as an Aussie horse?

1: A horse born here.
2: A horse born overseas, but raced exclusively (or primarily) here. That is, the majority of their career.
3: A horse bred anywhere in the world but with at least 1 parent carrying the AU suffix.

Which one (or ones) do you choose?

For once I feel a bit sorry for Rex. He uses his knowledge to create a post on racing action even though it was a bit of jibber but WCF and now Gary trash it. Doubt WCF could talk racing for more than a minute let alone provide a tip or lay, let alone get one.

Aussie horses are what you did not see finish in the top 12 of last year's Melbourne Cup. There were only 3 that made the field. Aussie horses are those that could not get past the 2 imports in this years Flemington Newmarket Hcp. A race seen for over 100 years as Aussies premier sprint race. Aussie horses racing in Aussie these days let us all witness some of the worst Group 1's we will see anywhere, like last week's sprint in Brisbane.

Talkback Forum

Racing And Sports offers our users the chance to get involved with spirited discussion about major racing issues on your Talkback Forum. They may include chatter about racing matters, issues relating to the website, sporting conversation, betting matters and more. Please be aware that Racing And Sports now moderates Talkback to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to. The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing And Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users.

Latest Posts