Thoughts on betting agencies listing 'fake' horses

saintly1996
Just taking a look at the Melbourne Cup market for 2016 (no intention of having a punt), and I came across a well known and supported company offering odds on horses that don't even exist.

They have listed horses like:

Negligent Treatment at 34.00
Kobalt (GER)at 34.00
Shelf Stacker at 41.00
Box Ticker at 67.00
Amiable Id!ot at 51.00

There are many more. Unless the R&S data base is wrong, none of these horses exist.

What are your thoughts on betting agencies doing this type of thing?

You need to Login to Post a Answer in the Forum

Manu has already Layed all them and if he leaves it at just those, well it will be a huge improvement on his effort for this years Cup

Just to remind you, he Layed a 100/1 chance and it won. ROFLMAO.

Will take your word for it - cant say I have looked through the market for next years cup.

But given I have no reason to doubt (your word) - I thought I would try to good old google search on the names with the added term "horse", figuring it would bring up a field from some obscure race on the other the planet and noticed that each of the names you have given are pretty general terms and likely to bring up millions of results (especially Negligent Treatment when you add horse unfortunately!!)

1.It appears that they are fishing for mug money from anyone who will pick something with no research, however;
2. I thought it was illegal for a bookmaker to take any bets where they knowingly knew that there was zero chance of paying out

no sir, I don't like it

Talkback Forum

Racing And Sports offers our users the chance to get involved with spirited discussion about major racing issues on your Talkback Forum. They may include chatter about racing matters, issues relating to the website, sporting conversation, betting matters and more. Please be aware that Racing And Sports now moderates Talkback to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to. The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing And Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users.

Latest Posts