BEST HORSE CURRENTLY & LIKELY 2019/20

Todman

I was surprised to see that Humidor is only a 7yr old. Reports from his new stable and regular jockey are very good, so I reckon he will star this spring and if he has no issues, next autumn. I am tipping a huge run from him in the Memsie. 

A likely successor may already have arrived in Mystic Journey, but Humidor, at his best gets my vote to stay at the top - win the Cox Plate and maybe go on to the MC if sound.

Of the youngsters, it is far too early to judge - Prince Fawaz was unimpressive in his recent track trial - Libertini looks good but is unproven over ground and may be kept to her own age and sex races. Te Akau Shark could emerge a contender and Avilius is not far away. If he improves on his Autumn form, then he will be a big contender.

There is a lot to be excited about over the next 12 weeks 

You need to Login to Post a Answer in the Forum

Mystic journey is still the one for me. I thought she was way underdone at her last start. Loomed up to pass Gatting and then floundered, ran out of puff. There had been 4weks?? since her previous start. Hopefully Trinder puts a bit more work and a couple of runs into her before the Cox Plate .I am not sure Aussie horses like their runs so spaced out.

Very impressed with Alligator Blood on the weekend. Touched up Dalasan and could be a very good horse. Unbeaten, so who knows how good he is

I like Bivouac, he looks a decent 3 year old, Pierata looks like he is one of the best of an even bunch of sprinters, but I have had so much luck backing Santa Anna Lane in recent seasons, that I still rate him right up there in the sprinting category. 

Humidor, jury is out, he may need a few runs this time in, Arcadia Queen looks untapped. Dalasun looks promising. MJ obviously has the big wraps, not sure about 2040m though, that might be a stretch.

well, no response means that the subject was uninteresting or the forum needs an injection of enthusiasm from racing enthusiasts. 

Back to the subject, Humidor was somewhat disappointing, but I am prepared to give him a couple more runs, before possibly pensioning him off. More clarity will be gained after the next 2 weekends of racing.

IMO Humidor is on the way down the hill. Personally I think 1600m is his best trip but goes well 1400m - 2000m. Too flighty for the 2 miles, I have been fooled before by him, never again. He is up there with the current best which says something (not good) about our current class or lack there of.

Homesman could possibly be the best but we never see him.

MJ is an exciting type and must be in the conversation.

Finally Japan are going to send over a proper G1 horse in Lys Gracieux. She may not be the best from over there but she is an Open WFA G1 winner, none have ever raced here before. I have a feeling that, if she settles in well, she will show us how average our class here is on the world stage..

I hear what you say re Humidor, but the press release from the stable plus the D Lane's comments, indicate that Humidor is no longer the problem horse he used to be

Talkback Forum

Racing And Sports offers our users the chance to get involved with spirited discussion about major racing issues on your Talkback Forum. They may include chatter about racing matters, issues relating to the website, sporting conversation, betting matters and more. Please be aware that Racing And Sports now moderates Talkback to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to. The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing And Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users.

Latest Posts