De Lightning's time

Da G Show
Thought i'd start a new thread on this topic given the other thread was hijacked.

I do a quasi-scientific analysis of times in sydney and saturday's times had the track running at 1.2sec fast (in other words about 7L quicker than the average)

My standard time for the challenge is normally 57.3 but given the track was running -1.2, then the new standard is 56.1. When applied to the winning time of 55.92 the race was actually only 0.18 faster than the standard.

Good, but nothing too flash!!
You need to Login to Post a Answer in the Forum

The Count gets a few winners just like everyone else on this site.

As for you, none of your tips can be found anywhere here can they?

No doubt you will dodge that question.

Seems that WCF is up to his usual tricks, jumping on to have a crack at others yet adds nothing to any subject on this forum. All he seems to do is follow Khap and Count from thread to thread.

Keep up the consistency champ.

If enough tips are posted everyone gets a few winners tigerrish, its called weight of numbers. I'm sure deep down you know he is as bad a judge as this forum has seen.

Did you find it as amusing as I did when he couldn't even beat Pinkline Jones in a tipping competition? The same Pinkline Jones who's tips he constantly rubbishes and says eats at the soup kitchen every week. I just wish that tipping competition could have gone on forever because Hick's tips had me and half the forum in stitches every week. LOL

There is no two ways about it, Hick is the worst tipster this forum has ever seen. LOL

Author: CountChivas
Send message to this user

Timestamp:- 27/2/2010 10:33:48 AM
Subject: Re: CC PInkline Squidman Cup Round 4

Sydney R3 H3 Koichi
Sydney R6 H13 Indian Ocean
Sydney R7 H 2 Hus Der Lieften
Sydney R8 H4 My Sweet Cookie
Melbourne R9 H1 Light Vision

Sub Sydney R4 H2 Strawberry Fields

LOL
LOL

Clackers,

Im not concerned whether you respond or not, why you did doesnt surprise me.

You want to mouth off about someone elses opinion of a race, yet when its thrown back at you, you want to hide.

You were just as out of wack as Count was, but he didnt say the horse would win, he said just as you did regarding HOD and SB. They have a chance and he gave a decent reasoning to as to why Viewed could win. You gave nothing in regards to HOD and SB except to say they could win.

You have zero credibility here after welching on your bet. Your comments amount to zip

Clackers/Mr Lister,

It's clear to see I am not Chivas' best friend yet I actually agree with tiggerish.

Chivas did not say that Viewed would win.

He suggested that there was a case to be made for suggesting he could win. That's all.

I can't believe of all people, you, welched on your bet to stay away after WBGU got beaten when you have harped on for years about credibility.

You have none.

It's an interesting world we live in. Some people are quite touchy, others not so.
And some people are just plain stupid. It's easy to work out who is who if you take the time to look.

'And some people are just plain stupid. It's easy to work out who is who if you take the time to look.'

Author: Mr Lister Send message to this user

Timestamp:- 27/10/2008 9:59:08 PM
Subject: Re: WHOOOOOOOOBY!!!

I'm not stupid enough, conceited enough, childish enough, deluded enough, lifeless enough, or mentally challenged enough to think that posting under a different name would either help to enhance anything I post, or help me to look even remotely more I intelliigent in the eyes of anybody. Particularly those who are anonymously posting on an Internet forum. Those that are fairdinkum on this site and enjoy the topical and sometimes divisive subject matter would know from reading my posts that I have an opinion and I will always fight tooth and nail for the right to post that opinion. I'm not always right and quite often wrong but I stand by everything I post under the one pseudonym. If somebody wants to try and prove otherwise, go right ahead.

Agree, Lister/Clackers, plain stupid indeed. LOL

Thanks for bringing that up Chivas.

Always makes me laugh how Lister, the one that used to talk about credibility is just a welcher. LOL

Bake beans man,

Im not fussed about anyone elses tipping prowess. You seem to be wrapped up in how someone else is going, how are yours going on here?

Chivas didnt say Viewed would win, he suggested there wasnt any reason why the horse couldnt win. There's a difference, unless your version of the English language differs from anyone elses.

I'm not surprised you didn't answer the question tigerrish. It would be the end of the friendship if you told Hick how dreadful a judge he is. There'd be no more invites to the family and friends night down at the soup kitchen anyway. LOL

How about this question. It hope it's a little easier. How do you feel about people rubbishing the tipping of others?Specifically when it is done after the event by people with a proven track record of consistently woeful judgement?

Hick said there was no reason Viewed couldn't win which is just as bad as saying he would win. There are several reasons he couldn't win which have been pointed out already. In the end it was just another dreadful piece of judgement by the ole baked beans guzzler and exactly what we have come to expect. LOL

Fair dinkum Clackers, give it a rest will you.

You keep harping on about someone else having an opinion of a horse in the Orr Stakes that didnt make sense, yet your own opinions were pretty skewiff to say the least.

Sniper's Bullet can win the Orr based on what?
The horse hadnt won a 1400m race in almost 3 years and aside from winning a couple of B grade level Gr1 race in Perth, the horse was going ordinary to say the least.

Heart of Dreams you also said could win. Based on what?
His outstanding record at 1400m... or was it his prowess at sprinting distances that you seem to like to spruik here. HOD has never won a Gr level race over a sprint distance, ever.

There were alot of people who saw Viewed as an outside chance in the Orr and they were based on a the fact of his trainer and he showed in that run in the spring that he could mix it. It doesnt mean he could have or should have won.

You made your point, its high time you put a sock in it, you're starting to make yourself look foolish. And besides that, I didnt see where Count actually said Viewed would beat Typhoon Tracy, from that post I can see he gave the horse a good chance but never said the horse would out right win.

Isnt that what most people do on here every week with their tips?

Cletis found a friend

"Fair dinkum Clackers, give it a rest will you"

I think you mean Lister . . . .

I will bet any amount of money that Clackers (Nee Lister) didn't get booted off.

He is just so simple he would have forgotten his password.

What is your opinion of your mate Hick's tipping prowess tigerrish? This is a simple question by the way. Would you say he is a good, average or poor judge?

Hick clearly said Viewed could win the race. Not that he could run a good race but that he could win. That means he though Viewed could beat Typhoon Tracy. No wonder he eats 3 square baked beans meals a day. LOL

Clackers (Nee Lister) also said he would p!ss off after WBGU got beaten in the Cox Plate yet he is still here albeit uner another alias.

How is that any different from saying Viewed would win first up and being wrong?

No credibility whatsoever.

I generally don't take much notice of your posts tigerish.
I won't make an exception to that today.

Forgot to apologise to Da G Show for taking part in spiralling this thread off topic

Sorry about that Da G

Well, I'll throw my two cents worth in and say that I included Viewed in my flexi trifecta for that race. I didn't really expect him to WIN but I couldn't rule the possibility out entirely either.... certainly expected to see him finishing hard.

Even Melbourne Cup winners can on occasion pull out a big run over a short course when fresh.... plus he is by Scenic whose stock often perform exceptionally well first up, and trained by a man who has an uncanny knack of taking out big races with horses who are not where the "smart money" is supposedly going.

In short, I don't think anyone deserves to be ridiculed because they tip a non-obvious choice for a race. On the contrary I tend to applaud their initiative.

Plenty of bolters have left dead-cert, put-in-take-out "unbeatable" favorite backers with big fat exploded eggs on their faces....

Correct Doosra,
If Viewed looks well placed in a Gr1 over 1400m at his next first-up run, then once again, there's no reason why he couldn't run well and I'd certainly back him again.

All Clackers/Lister and boofhead have managed to prove is that they haven't got a clue.

So you are admitting you would be dumb enough to back Viewed over 1400 first up again?

LOL!!

Yes, Clackers/Lister I did see your post.
You finished it off with the lines:

'I say Viewed has no chance but if it does win, I will just shake my head as in the past and mutter, "bloody Cummings".'

'no chance'
'but if it does win'

How does that work?
A horse has either no chance or some chance, but with you, it seems that they can have both.
You ridicule me yet you have 'two bob' each way on Viewed's chances. LOL

What a clown!

Who could forget this gem.

"I don’t claim that Makybe Diva was the greatest of all time, but I do believe that she deserves to be ranked in that company.
For those knockers who don’t understand the principles of supply and demand, I suggest you take a look at the horse racing category at eBay worldwide, for those who do understand it, don’t look, it will ruin your day.

The most popular horses at worldwide eBay by items.

Secretariat 80, Makybe Diva 31, Seattle Slew 24, Man O’War 23, Phar Lap 22, Ruffian 20, Sunline 9, Kingston Town 2, Lonhro 1, Deep Impact 0.
EBay Australia tells the same story, Makybe Diva 55, Phar lap 37, forget the rest.

The principles of supply and demand make the 0.01% I mentioned look very accurate

bettowin,

Who was stupid enough to use eBAY as a popularity reference>

Ugh that was the work of a stupid person trying to look intelligent and failing dismally.

It was clear cut Chivas.
I said Viewed had no chance and not once did I back away from that. You are just trying to save face because you thought it could win.
How about addressing the issue at hand. Why do you thnk Viewed was well placed? I've said why it wasn't and why those that thought it could win were looking for something that wasn't there, give us your take on things. If you based it purely on his first up run in the Memsie then really didn't have much at all.
Cmon, explain why the horse looked well placed in a 1400m group 1 WFA sprint first up against Typhoon Tracy?

I've got a spare big red nose if you are looking for one.

Looks like Chivas hasn't got any friends left.

'Looks like Chivas hasn't got any friends left.'

Care to name yours Boofhead?

LOL

'It was clear cut Chivas.
I said Viewed had no chance and not once did I back away from that.'

'I say Viewed has no chance but if it does win'

Clackers/Lister,
Nothing is 'clear cut' when the word 'but' is used, which you've just proved.
Better luck next time.

People often say 'no chance' to mean 'little chance' in racing parlance. Surely only Cletis thinks otherwise.

It's not a hard question Chivas.
Why do youthink Viewed was well placed to win a1400m WFA Group 1 sprint?
I've given you a plethera of reasons as to why he had no hope. Speak up. Please. Surely you must have something. You can't be as clueless as what you think everyone else is. Surely not.

'I've given you a plethera of reasons as to why he had no hope.'

On the contrary Clackers, one little word kills your argument every time, that word is 'but'.
'But' was your parachute, and you were too scared to jump without it, it's all there in black and white.
'Viewed has no chance BUT if it does win....'

How does a horse with no chance, no hope, win? LOL

Good luck trying to argue your way out of that one.

On the contrary Chivas, I'm asking you to explain your way out of telling us Viewed could beat Typhoon Tracy in a 1400m Group 1 WFA sprint.
Twist the words and pick the bits you like from my posts. It doesn't matter really because you are the champion punter for deciding Viewed had suddenly become a Group 1 sprinter.
He hasn't won under 2000m for 2 years.
He hasn't won first up for 2 years.
He hasn't won at WFA ever.
His last 3 wins have been in 2400m and 3200m handicaps.
His last win under 2000m was in a 3yo and up welter over 2 years ago.

Yep. That transforms him into a Group 1 WFA sprinter.

Not only did you say Viewed could win but you then went and tipped Raffaello in another thread. It ran last. He had previously won a 1400m maiden, a 1400m 0-72 hcp, a 1500m 0-82 hcp, an 1800m 0-89 hcp, a 1400m 0-82 hcp, a 1700m open hcp, a 4yo and up 1200m hcp, and lastly a 2000m open hcp.

Yep. That's the form line of another Group 1 WFA sprinter.

Stop hiding and try and explain your way out of both those selections. I can't wait to hear how you thought they were well placed enough to challenge Typhoon Tracy.

LOL @ Clackers,
Aren't you the clown who was so sure Whobegotyou would win last years Cox Plate that you made a wager with Speedy, if he gets beaten you won't post here for 6 months?

Remind me where Whobee finished.
Also remind me why you didn't honour that bet, perhaps there was a 'but' in there somewhere.

Still waiting to hear you explain how a horse with no chance, no hope, can win. Good luck.

What a stoopid argument. So he made a dumb tip: let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

You can dig up whatever you like count.
Nothng you do can deflect things away from your stupidity. It's obvious to all and as usual you are friendless.

'You can dig up whatever you like count.'

You started the digging, bozo.

'How does a horse with no chance, no hope, win?' LOL

Clackers/Lister made the statement but doesn't have the answer. LOL

Raffaello went well today Chivas. Found his right level in the same 1700m hcp that he won last year.
Not sure how he was supposed to pick off Typhoon Tracy in the Group 1 Orr on his way to today's gallant effort but he's an honest trier all the same. Keep your chin up mate.

On the contrary count, I did not have to dig. Your stupidity is always on display. Don't get so upset. Just explain how you thought Viewed and Raffaello could beat Typhoon Tracy. You must have some basis with which you have proclaimed yourself know it all of the century.

So Clackers is Mr Lister

Interesting. . . The one that wagered not to come into this room for 6 months after the Cox Plate is back and has been for a month.

And he has a go at my credibility?

The reason Hick thought Viewed and Raffaello could beat Typhoon Tracy over 1400m is simple: He is the worst judge this forum has ever seen. LOL

Thanks for that Herman,
Yes, I'm sure that in your world 'no chance' and 'little chance' have the same meaning. The story of your life.

As usual Cletis has no comprehension skills and I dont mean little

This is hilarious! Hick/Count Chivas/vo_rogue58 is having a sook because people are "ridiculing" him for his clueless comments. The only thing funnier are his tips themselves. LOL

The only clown is you Cletis

That's the thing though Count.
Viewed was not well placed and it was explained to you.

He had never won at WFA before.
The last time he had won first up was in a 3yo and up 1300m welter in January 2008.
His previous 3 wins were at 2400m twice and 3200m once going back to June 2008.
He has not won anything under 2000m since February 2008.
Typhoon Tracy was in the race.

All factors saying he was not a winning chance yet you reckon he "looked well placed".
We know who is the clueless one.

Viewed will never win a 1400m Group 1 WFA sprint anytime. He is not Saintly/Let's Elope/Leilani/Hyperno. He is a very, very good handicap stayer who has landed a Melbourne Cup and a Caulfield Cup. He is not a Group 1 winning sprinter and never will be.

THATS WHERE YOU ARE WRONG CHIVAS!

There was absolutely no need whatsoever to call the information "useless".

It may be useless to you, but that does not mean it isn't useful to anyone else and your words are simply putting down Da G Show for no good reason.

If you find the information so useless you shouldn't have commented on the thread.
You can't help yourself though because you are a cyber stalker and a sniper.

Plain and simple.

I agree Viewed could have won that race. BUT you wouldve needed at least 60 or 70s to bother.

Grey says lots of interesting and insightful things, even if he is an East South African and barracks for a team coached by a chemist. Cletis, however, is just a bigoted, arrogant pain in the neck whose not a millionth as funny or clever as he deludes just himself into believing. I'll see your Viewed tip and raise you his Ebay theory - that'd beat a royal flush on cards signed by God just after the big bang.

Well Da G Show you tried mate. I wonder if it would be possible for every topic posted to have 2 threads attached, one thread for the posters who are actually interested in the thread topic and other posters opinions on it and a second thread for the cyber bullies to slug it out on.

Parraboy

The time it took Chivas to hijack this thread was 9hr 22 min.

His standard time for hijacking is closer to 4 hours.

Chivas' form looks to be tapering off and i would recommend that he be sent for a spell.. a long one! :)

I didn't hijack this thread, I asked you the question 'what purpose does collecting this useless information serve?'

Author: greyshot Send message to this user

Timestamp:- 4/2/2010 4:04:11 PM
Subject: Re: Orr Stakes

Bart has won the Orr Stakes with Saintly, Lets Elope, Hyperno and Leilani.
Only Leilani was not a Melbourne Cup winner (I wish she was )!
Why can't Viewed win the Orr first up ? It would appear that Bart knows what is required.

Post a reply to this message

My post on Viewed in the Orr Stakes was in response to Greyshot's post (above) on the same thread.
Can I now expect to see the usual suspects ridicule him as well?

I don't think so.

Greyshot hasn't shown the long pattern of clueless tipping and baked beans guzzling that Hick has. LOL

Timestamp:- 4/2/2010 6:14:23 PM

No reason why Viewed can't win first-up, his 2009 spring campaign began with a very solid 1 1/2 length 4th to Mic Mac in the Memsie over the same track and distance.
He made a lightning move in the Memsie to come from second last at the 800m to be sharing the lead with Mic Mac on the home turn, fought on impressively in the straight to just go down in a 4 way photo for the minors.
I wouldn't be leaving him out of the trifecta.

Talk about clueless! LOL

If you weren’t such an A grade knob Count no-one would care how clueless you are.

And what purpose does collecting this useless information serve?

It's not nearly as useless as your effort Count.

The one where you tried to explain how Viewed could win a WFA 1400 sprint first up against Typhoon Tracy. Despite the fact he hadn't won a race under 2400m for over two years and had failed to salute in several WFA attempts. Remember that? Of course you do. So does everyone else.

And there it is folks!

Right on que! The forum sniper weasels his way in an highjacks another thread!

I predicted this Da G! How's that for a tip before the event?

Go on Chivas, return serve with talk about cornflakes boxes and picnic licenses. Dig that hole a bit deeper.

If the information is deemed useless to you, why do you comment? Why not leave the discussion to people that may be interested?

You are nothing more than a flea.

Mods: Once again, you want to ban people for having anonymous proxies when they may be fully unaware that they do, yet you let this flea stalk people and offer NOTHING to discussion apart from criticism, yet you don't ban him.

Har Har Har and Har.

You have your priorities wrong Roberto!

Clackers,

Is that true or are you taking the p!ss?

Did he tip Viewed to beat Typhoon Tracy over 1400m?

LOL!

Timestamp:- 4/2/2010 6:14:23 PM

No reason why Viewed can't win first-up, his 2009 spring campaign began with a very solid 1 1/2 length 4th to Mic Mac in the Memsie over the same track and distance.
He made a lightning move in the Memsie to come from second last at the 800m to be sharing the lead with Mic Mac on the home turn, fought on impressively in the straight to just go down in a 4 way photo for the minors.
I wouldn't be leaving him out of the trifecta.

You are quite right Red_Summit and that is something I should apologise for.

The point I am trying to make is, Robert wants to ban people who have anonymous proxies when they may not even know they do, even though they are behaving themselves, whilst people like Chivas constantly stalk, high-jack and abuse people yet are allowed to use the site.

It baffles me.

boof182,

I try to stay out of the jibes that pollute this site, but I must say congratulations on facilitating the hijacking of this thread.

Tell me, what do any of your posts on this thread add to the original post from Da G Show?

You should re-check the old thread on the time run by De Lightning Ridge too - that thread went downhill after an attack by LostClarity on Count Chivas.

I'm not condoning Count Chivas' posts on either thread, but the people who lob hand grenades at him and then play the victim card when he responds are as much to blame for the degeneration of the threads as anyone else.

RS

Count tried to mount a case as to why Viewed could win the Orr first up.

I will say though Red_Summit that Chivas has not responded to anything I have said and I put it to you that his childish comment below would have been posted anyway, whether I spoke or not.

It is no surprise to see that Hick thinks that the extremely useful piece of times analysis that Da G Show provided is useless. After all, he thought Viewed could win the Orr Stakes. LOL

That's why bookies drive expensive sports cars and Hick drives a dilapidated old pushbike with two flat tyers, a badly out of shape frame and one pedal. LOL

So instead of just admitting you were wrong, you want us to ridicule greyshot as well?

The reason we don't ridicule greyshot is because he isn't a sniper and he doesn't stalk people.

I must apologise to everyone. I wasn't trying to join in with anyone or hijack the thread. Some good and useful info Da G.
I was just trying to show that whilst Count thinks he's a funny guy and a bit of a know it all he is actually about as useful to this site as an ashtray on a motorbike. His value to the forum is the 'Lowest of the Low". (stole that from the name of a great Canadian band of days past).

Keep up the good work Da G.

Rack off 7thashbyboof182, and take your mate Chivas with you.

Count, I posted a reply to greyshot and what he wrote saying that the horses Bart had previously trained to win the Orr first up were either out and out superstars such as Saintly and Lets Elope or like Hyperno already had very good WFA form. I noted that Viewed was not a superstar and had average WFA form at best and that his first up form did not suggest he could win either.
I notice you reproduced greyshot's post but have selectively failed to note my post which was the immediate next post after his.

The difference is that greyshot is a decent human being who contributes in a positive manner to this site while you are the complete opposite and have done nothing but give everyone a very good reason to dislike you. That's why "the usual suspects" line up to sink the slipper into you.

Yeah fair point about the time - gee i thought little Dorf Command's run was outstanding - i know she was suited by the pace set by Fantene but still she got home very hard and i think a race like the Galaxy is right up her alley.

Watched the replay again and the thing that stood out to me was that Dorf Command finished so close and the next 4 horses finished in a close pack only about 2 lengths behind the winner. If the winner would have won by 6 in running that time I would have been impressed but to have 6 horses running the same ballpark time took the gloss off the time for me. I suspect that the form/time might not hold up in future races. Its only my opinion so we will see.

Parraboy

Until Chivas is banned, threads will continue to be high-jacked as a default.

Stay tuned for his next attack.

The passengers have overcome the hijackers on the other thread, and things are back on track for the time being.

Talkback Forum

Racing And Sports offers our users the chance to get involved with spirited discussion about major racing issues on your Talkback Forum. They may include chatter about racing matters, issues relating to the website, sporting conversation, betting matters and more. Please be aware that Racing And Sports now moderates Talkback to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to. The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing And Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users.

Latest Posts