Star Stable Sydney Cup

hitensile
Well boys and girls what have we done this week ?

Reasonably happy with my selections this week and have all the major races covered albeit very short handed in the Cup.

Apache Cat out Racing to Win IN
Gallica out Tickets IN

Champagne Stakes

Tickets

Q.E Stakes

Vision and Power
Triple Honour
Metal Bender (there's yer trifecta Tig ;)

The Cup

Mr Tipsy

All Aged

RTW
Forensics

I would have like to have put Newport in but all outta trades and money..

Good Luck to All ! and feel free to let us know your changes and runners
You need to Login to Post a Answer in the Forum

Won't be posting tips this weekend Fat. In NZ for the week working. Get back to Syd early friday morning where i'll be donning the leathers and throwing a leg over my trusty Triumph then heading south for the weekend with a few gimps....I mean mates... for a weekend of bikes, booze and beautiful roads.

Through in an uppercut from me and good punting ;)

Hite,
So you'll be looking for whatever comes your way on the Trump.
I'm just checking, but did you accidently leave the B off roads or did you really mean roads??? to each his own I guess.
Gimp is a word that is used amongst a single, single, circle of my thirty something mates as well, far from flattering but meant in a humorous context generally, helps if you stay upright?
Dissapointed you won't be tipping this weekend be on the look out for the Swine Flu in NZ, don't forget your Freddy Kreuger mask.
Hear from your tipping service next week.
Cheers
FJ

told them to grow up ROFL...

I told my little people Jack, but they reckon its just not worth it with the cheap tickets at the easter show rides let alone the movies...

Bondy will need a long sustained run because it looks like there's no finish line to that comp. Still its a good comp, I'm rapt to see some of the guys picking some good priced winners, ...thats what its all about.

Hite,
There's not much point getting cheap tickets if you're too short to go on the rides.
Little people have their place, in places like Dwarf throwing contests, getting threw tight nooks and crannies when one is committing a burglary and as jockeys, all noble professions.
ROFLMAO
I'll be watching your tips this weekend, I think you might be due for a biggy I'm hoping like hell I am, after last weeks shocker on the horses. I had two quaddies 3 firsts and a second and third in both and backed about six fourths each way.
Let the flak commence!
Best of Luck
Cheers
FJ

Hitensile,
Geez, I can't believe I spelt through, threw, I must have been thrown, there is no other explanation, give myself an short uppercut.
Further, not much point being short and getting cheap tickets to the movies when you can't see over the person in front of you.
Cheers
FJ

Guys,
Thanks very much for the congrats, it was a very close thing considering Hareeba and I both had over $6mill and I won by about one thousand. About the only rein I pulled on Saturday that was a good one was swapping The pumper for Hughie.
Hite,
I've had my little people talk to your little people to tell your little people to grow up. LOL.
Geez you better get your skates on, looks like Bondy is coming with a withering burst, best of luck.
Cheers
FJ

Well done to the top 3, especially FJ.

Just gotten back from weekend away, saw race results this morning in the paper, and knew I had come up short.

I was much better for the run in my second shot at the comp though.

Watch out next time :-).

Cheers
Squid

Jack,

Nice speech but my little people spoke to your little people and they reckon thats bullsh!t. Ha ! good punting

Well done Jack.

6 million later and all that separates you and Hareeba is a few bucks and change, great finish lads.

Hitensile,
Thanks for that, I'd just like to thank all the little people who helped me to get where I am, but really I can't, I did it all my self.LOL I always wanted to say that.
Commiserations to Hareeba, we both had a last day shocker but I was able to fall across the line.
See you all in the spring for the Melbourne Carnivale. In the mean time I'm going to enjoy the Brisbane Winter Carnival. Although my punting on the horses will have to improve I had a shocker yesterday, thankfully my 3 Rugby league bets all saluted and I had a lazy lobster on the Reds at 7.25, not because I thought they could realistically win but I thought the price was ridiculous for a one to one contest and there have been plenty of upsets this season. I'm hoping the week off for the Sharks will fire them up for the end of season run home.
Cheers
FJ

Jack ! You beauty, what a great finish to the comp between you and Hareeba. Well done gents.

Great effort Jack.

Also to the other players, great comp.

Pleased with my overall effort, since it was an improvement from the last edition.

Looking forward to the Spring Edition now...

CHAMPAGNE-
MANHATTAN RAIN

QUEEN ELIZABETH-
VISION AND POWER
WHOBEGOTYOU
LARGO LAD

SYDNEY CUP
BRAVE LANCER

ALL AGED
ALL SILENT

I gave Brown his marching orders and picked up Bowman.

I think you'll hang on Hareeba. Jack and I would need Triple Honour to win (unlikely, plus i'd need a top 2 place in the cup and RTW to get up). For Squid I think if Newport wins he'll pip you.

Bloody good finale coming up.

Squids changes below...

OK my final stable is in, lucky to get trades as computer is playing up..

Champagne Stakes - Tickets

Queen Elizabeth - Vision & Power, Whobegotyou, Metal Bender

Sydney Cup - Master O'Reilly, Newport, Mr Tipsy

All Aged - All Silent, Solo Flyer.

Not running - Phelan Ready, Melito, Gallant Tess

Now let's see if I can reel these leaders in.

Good luck all
Squid

My stable:

QE:
Vision & Power
Whobegotyou
Sousa
Metal Bender

Syd Cup:
Fiumicino
Mr Tipsy

All Aged:
Solo Flyer

Hopefully I can hang onto the top spot?
Good luck on the punt everyone!

Good luck to those in with a chance!!!

Looks like I might have made a bad mistake trading out Metal Bender last week, I thought he'd be heading for a spell, I tossed up between 4 horses to let go him, Wanted, Rostova and Rock Kingdom. Doh!!!!
Horses racing today
Syd Cup Master O'Reilly (not confident)
All Aged Racing To win (confident each way)
Solo Flyer (not confident at all wet)
QE Vision and Power (condident each way)
Sousa(not confident)
Triple Honour(might surprise each way)
I also flicked the Pumper for Hughie Bowman.

I'm heading off to Beaudesert very shortly for their best Race meeting of the year and we'll spare a thort for all those ANZACS and others who served our mighty nation and gave us the freedom to enjoy the greatest country to live in on this Universe.
Cheers
FJ

I posted on last weeks star stable thread, but what the heck I'll put them up here too.

Ive traded in Tickets and Ice Chariot this week

My runners for the final day are
CHAMPAGNE: Tickets
QE STAKES: Whobygotyou, Road to Rock, Metal Bender.
SYDNEY CUP: Ice Chariot
ALL AGED: Hot Danish, Solo Flyer.

Non runners: Phelan Ready, Color, Buffett, Zagreb, El Cambio

Talkback Forum

Racing And Sports offers our users the chance to get involved with spirited discussion about major racing issues on your Talkback Forum. They may include chatter about racing matters, issues relating to the website, sporting conversation, betting matters and more. Please be aware that Racing And Sports now moderates Talkback to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to. The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing And Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users.

Latest Posts