How many bets is too many?

worker collective farmer
I notice that Vadim's tips are often knocked because there's so many of them. But what proof is there that 10 or 20 bets in a day are bad?

I understand that extra bets may mean less time doing the form for each race. But if a punter has the time (or resources, say a good computer program) to give thorough enough consideration for each bet it doesnt matter.

Yes, in 20 bets there's likely to be ones that aren't value. But there's no reason to still bet those ones and as above if one's form study is still good enough can it be possible to find 20 horses as overlays in a day?

If there are 20 good bets why discount all that work and watch 17 or 18 run without you? That's 17 profitable (long-term!) bets you lose the profit from.
You need to Login to Post a Answer in the Forum

When there is no more money left?

If Ewe do the Form.. How many Bets is irrelevant... talking "HEAVY BETS"

Bet.. ONLY.... When Ewe think that Ewe will WIN

If Ewe have NO BET's for the Day.. Weekend etc.. DO NOT repeat DO NOT bet

Always wait for another day or Weekend, go do something else.. even play the Pokies if need be

Only bet when Ewe think Ewe will WIN

So EWE'S ADVICE is to play the pokies LOL

All bets on the pokies are bad value and only pure luck can see you win.

Vadim says ;

"Either way it's all about having fun and enjoying the sport and enjoying yourself, who cares what anyone else does as long as your happy with what your doing nothing else really matters."

Now I say;
I agree but many posts on this site are about who said what, and worrying about my thoughts and tips and ideas.

As I said many times, the only person you have to justify your tips and bets and outlays to, is yourself.

Regardless of what is posted here or who said what, if your pocket or account doesn't show a profit over any given stretch of time, you have failed in the quest to be a good punter or knowledgeable tipster and the only person you have to prove it to, is yourself.

I could tell you I won $1000 last Saturday, it was more, but who cares, its all relative to the individual. My $1000 may be your $10 or the next persons $10000.

'As I said many times, the only person you have to justify your tips and bets and outlays to, is yourself.'

Proof again of your hipocrisy. You pointedly refute your own practice of repeated stupid, pointless post-race crowing on this forum.

You are truly pathetic, and should never ever
be taken seriously.

Nige

The number of bets is irrelevant. It doesn't matter how many bets you have as long as you are backing value.

If you happen to find fifty horses running around at over the odds then you bet. Simple.

The number of bets you have in a day should be a consequence of odds, probability etc, not a predetermined amount. A set amount of bets will only limit your gains. I know most think it will limit your losses but that's only if you back horses under the odds ;)

Depends how much time you have to assess each race. There's really only 2 types of bets - good ones and bad ones. The number doesn't really matter. If you bet based on value and sound concepts then it doesn't matter if you have 30 bets a day.

Last 2 weeks I started poorly but finished strongly. If I stopped early I would have lost for the day. But I kept betting using the same concepts, had a change of luck and finished in front for the day.

Insom,

I prefer your old avatar much much more.

Regards

Timesman

WCF,

In my view the depends on whether you are attempting to have fun or make a profit.

Maybe some of the professional investors may wish to voice their opinion (which counts me and the vast majority of contributors to this forum out, and this is said in the nicest possible way).

I would have thought that the people using expensive computer power to rate and then rank investments in order of preference would have fewer than more investments.

So, you would probably rank selections in order of value and then invest on the top two or three for the day.

Anyway, thats my two bobs worth.

Gee I love winning at the races.

Regards

Timesman

That's like asking how many Weet-Bix is too many, each to their own, there's no answer.

Think it depends if you are just "selecting them" or if your actually "backing them" for instance last week I had around 17 selections and showed 30% profit on all of them but I lost on the punt that day, whereas today I had 19 selections (haven't done the math yet) but probably lost around 60% of the pot,yet I had a great day on the punt and ended well in front.

I guess it's the size of the selected bets that makes the difference in the long run, my 3 large bets today were Dollops (unplaced), Rebel Raider (win) and Joku (win, thanks to a phonecall and some inside info).

Either way it's all about having fun and enjoying the sport and enjoying yourself, who cares what anyone else does as long as your happy with what your doing nothing else really matters.

VaD

Vadimwit,

u are full of it.

1st u say that u have full confidence in your tips from all over the country and now all over the world. After losing half your bank yesterday U say that u had a winning day.

Liar!!!

U are a bookies best friend.

If you run like me...

One

I do not know the answer, as to how many bets are too many.

The way I go about it is I put all my bets on before the days races, and either go home and watch, or go and play sport. I usually go through the major venues and pick out the horse I fancy from each card. This usually amounts to about ten to twelve each way bets (sometimes a few less), with perhaps a few quinella's or doubles etc.

I don't think it matters how many you have in the end, as long a you only lose what you can afford, but enjoy the fruits of the winners when they come around.

Talkback Forum

Racing And Sports offers our users the chance to get involved with spirited discussion about major racing issues on your Talkback Forum. They may include chatter about racing matters, issues relating to the website, sporting conversation, betting matters and more. Please be aware that Racing And Sports now moderates Talkback to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to. The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing And Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users.

Latest Posts