Punting & Percentages For Dummies (Gladys)

camel56
Percentages For Dummies (Gladys/Hondo)

When you back something you are laying the opposite side. That means when you are backing a 45% chance you are laying the 55% chance that something else will win.

45% equates to a return of $2.25

That means for every $1 you put in you make $1.25 profit.

The opposite (lay) side puts in $1.25 for a profit of $1. $1.25 for a return of $2.25 is a dividend of $1.80. $1.80 is 55%.

Understand yet dunderhead?

I didn't think anyone would be so stupid as to not be able to understand something so simple. Then again we are dealing with someone who thinks Xmas day is on the 26th December. Rofl
You need to Login to Post a Answer in the Forum

That reminds me Camel.

Paddy and Mick were having a beer in a Belfast pub back a few years ago.Paddy says"Hey Mick Christmas day is on a Friday this year".Geez says Mick "Lets hope it's not the 13th".

Kind of analagous with your post. LOL.

I just don't believe your stupidity. Try again. By deleting a 71% out of the market, noty backing something at 45% but reducing the market to 45%. How big a retard are you?

I am always amused by those who condemn Betfair for allowing us to "lay horses ".
Every time we back a horse we are laying his opponents. in reality.
The exchange style creates some competition to the bookmakers who have had that god given right to fleece punters since the year dot.
Camel has explained basic % so it should be easy to realise how much better off you are betting with Betfair markets to a max. of 107% compared to totes to 120% and some bookmakers to 130% plus.
Another big advantage to racing is the alerts put out by Betfair when any "dodgy" money trails become evident.
If Australian Racing developed their own exchange type set up they might be going down a more productive track. On Line gambling is here to stay [ on shore or offshore ] so go with the strength or perish in time .

Quite right Macca. Unfortunately (or fortunately if you're looking for mugs to fleece) dunderheads like Hondo/Gladys don't seem to understand these basics. The peanuts don't realise that backing a $2.25 shot (as you do when you Dutch 45% of the market) is laying the opposite result at $1.80.

But then this is the same fool who thought Xmas day was on the 26th of December so it probably isn't a real surprise he can't get the basics right. Rofl

Not nearly as much of a retard as you it would seem Hondo.

Backing 45% is the same thing as reducing the market to 45% you imbecile. You have to put it $45 to return $100 regardless of the result. Talk about stoooopid!

Now, how about you tell us all what price you think you were (fictitiously) laying this favourite at? This should be good for a laugh. In fact, it will be an all time classic! Rofl

I give up. You are just too thick to have anything to do with. Just go on putting silly initials to indicate laughter in your posts and following Pinheads selections.You are totally a waste of space.

Talkback Forum

Racing And Sports offers our users the chance to get involved with spirited discussion about major racing issues on your Talkback Forum. They may include chatter about racing matters, issues relating to the website, sporting conversation, betting matters and more. Please be aware that Racing And Sports now moderates Talkback to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to. The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing And Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users.

Latest Posts