Drunken Sailor

infidel
Dominic Beirne wrote this:

"Whilst weight might stop a train, I think it won’t stop the accomplished European stayer,
DRUNKEN SAILOR – provided the track condition is no worse than SLOW6 – he actually
prefers a firmer surface. If it dries to a DEAD4, I think he will lap this field."

I am confused The form says Slow, 9-4-1-1. What do you reckon, patsy? Has Beirne lost the plot?

Here is the rest of his thoughts on tomorrow's race:

"The circumstances in this race are similar to win he won at Newbury (UK) in May 2011. That
race was LISTED Grade, 2660m, small field – he won by 7 lengths and returned his career PB.
In AU, he has had 3 pairs of runs: in the Spring of 2010 and 2011 and these two runs this
prep. I believe we are due to see the best of him now, judged by his handy 2nd in the
Mornington Cup and he is likely to be fresher than when he competed in Australia in the
past, as he has only had the 2 runs from a spell and in previous campaigns he had 4 runs in
Europe before travelling to Victoria. Watch the weather!"

http://promo.betfair.com.au/dominic_beirne/2012_form/dom_beirne_analysis_2-3-12.pdf

You need to Login to Post a Answer in the Forum

The Sailor has been woeful ..

But after yesterday's Win it wouldn't surprise me to see him put another Back to Back...

Looked a different horse from 6 to 12 months ago

Can't say the same for some of the others

Buccellati, for One

I can feel a Rogan Josh Vs Drunken Sailor thread coming on.

Drunkan Sailor is a tough handicap stayer and the Adelaide Cup is probably a suitable race for him to go in.

Who knows he may even be good enough to run in the Sydney Cup.

Good win with the 60kg.

Cheers,
West Coast.

Go the Imports..ROFL..!!

he's won moderate races with sting out the ground but his best form has been on good to firm tracks when winning a G3 and thrashing not a bad handicapper in polly's mark..

I looked at the field and would think he'd win but mixes his form a bit. It's not a horse I trust to be honest.Thought his runs in Australia last prep were poor.But if acclimatised now and fit enough should really win that race tomorrow.

More Aussie camels running for over a 100,000.

What an embarrassment.

He should win against that lot.

He's just a handicapper / maybe a G3 horse

Got top weight..

5/2 is the right price..he should be fave.

See now Patsy, this shows you can make sensible, factual, intelligent posts, that in the end, proved useful and accurate.

Keep to this and your stock will rise. Otherwise you'll remain in the Methane Club.

Regards

Geoffrey

lol

cheers geoffrey

Still the same horse.

Was racing inferior animals.

Much like Manighar first up.

Just a horse that should go ok now acclimatised.

Talkback Forum

Racing And Sports offers our users the chance to get involved with spirited discussion about major racing issues on your Talkback Forum. They may include chatter about racing matters, issues relating to the website, sporting conversation, betting matters and more. Please be aware that Racing And Sports now moderates Talkback to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to. The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing And Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users.

Latest Posts