Form Race - D'Urban Quality Stakes

theprincess
What a money spinner this race has proven to be over the last two months. I’d be interested to hear about what others consider to be the best “form race” of the spring thus far.

My Nomination - The D'urban Quality Stakes - run at Caulfield over 1700m on the first day of spring. Just one week after EI reared its ugly head and the threat of the entire racing industry grinding to a complete halt was very real. A head bobbing finish between the first four and a few others not far behind them with some hard luck stories clearly documented in the Stewards report. A race time of 1.42.19 which was only 0.77 outside the track record?? No other times for that day compared to this race and incidentally few have compared in all races so far during the carnival – I’d personally let the Flemington track off the hook at this stage.

The unfortunate Ice Chariot got the money followed by The Fuzz, Cefalu, Red Lord, Zavite, Dolphin Jo and Rubiscent (which got a big mention in the Stewards Report and came out to win the Underwood at $50/1 next start). They’ve all done quite nicely since this race and I think it could have made for an interesting Caulfield Cup had Ice Chariot remained sound – but that’s racing.

Any thoughts or challengers for “form race” thus far? Sometimes the answers to the future are hidden in the past ………..
You need to Login to Post a Answer in the Forum

Funny enough Princess I was just thinking that the other night when doing the form for the Geelong Cup.

And the Naturalism at Caulfield was another similar form race. The handicappers have been very good value this season.

But even though Rubiscent never saw day light in Ice Chariot's race, how on earth did he manage to win the Underwood ? I'm still trying to figure that one out.

I think the Naturalism is the form race for the spring and for 3YOf its the Bourke Street TAB Handicap over 1400m at Caulfield. Look at the horses.
Gabbidon 1- Went on to win a stakes race before injuring herself.
Absolut Glam 2- Not far away in any of the big races. Should have won the Chester Manifold.
Bonded 3- Raced alright before a good run in Thousand Guineas.
Beaming Bella 5- Ran a great race at her next start in the 1000 Guineas Prelude before pulling up sore in the real race.
Extension of Time 6- She is racing in great form just missing out in Guineas and Chester Manifold.

Talkback Forum

Racing And Sports offers our users the chance to get involved with spirited discussion about major racing issues on your Talkback Forum. They may include chatter about racing matters, issues relating to the website, sporting conversation, betting matters and more. Please be aware that Racing And Sports now moderates Talkback to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to. The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing And Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users.

Latest Posts