Winx and the All Star Mile

larch
Without going into the many issues I have with the concept, I am still amazed to hear VRC's Carpenter stating that they will be offering Winx a wild card.
Whilst it may lift the quality of the race, it is a fair kick in the pants for any pre post punters.

She was not nominated and punters have placed prepost bets without a Winx in the field. I would be annoyed to say the least if I thought I got a BARGAIN OF 5/1 ON Alizee to find that Winx has been added to the field.

Bookies are in for a bonanza. Layed the field at incredibly short odds and Joe Punter only finds out Winx is in the field at the last minute. This is not on?? I know there is a risk in pre post betting but that relates to your horse not running, not the addition of a wild card (never actually in the nominations).
You need to Login to Post a Answer in the Forum

Cant find it in the TandC, but Im assuming that this will be a WFA race....

Winx won’t run and in all truth the race itself will be better for it…

I was on Balf’s choice the other day when it ran like a plodder at Morphettville… I certainly did not vote for it. You can say many things about us South Aussies, but you cannot say that we do not get behind a cause.

The concept needs some obvious tweaking, but Victorian racing will keep it going in the spirit of the pissing contest between themselves and NSW… in fact they will probably come up with something similar in addition

The money thrown at these restricted races is getting a little out of hand..

This is ludicrous and makes a mockery of the entire concept.

If Racing Victoria goes ahead and Winx runs, their credibility is shot.

guys, I cannot understand why anyone even bet pre-post as wild card entries, including horses not nominated, were always part of the plan - while I doubt that Winx will accept, if she does, so be it.

I think the whole concept was conceived with the thought of getting Winx to run in it (99.9% sure she won't). Why else would you offer up that much prizemoney for horses voted on by anyone who sees the promotion?

Horses with a large number of connections were always going to figure in the voting. If the original dangling carrot doesn't entice Winx's connections, then make her a wildcard after they see how ordinary the field is. Don't think they will go for it, but I'm usually wrong.

Good luck to those who have a horse in a race with prizemoney they normally wouldn't have a chance for. I voted for Happy Clapper, will get a wildcard spot, but my vote goes to second chance draw. Not sure this concept will see another year in its current form.

Talkback Forum

Racing And Sports offers our users the chance to get involved with spirited discussion about major racing issues on your Talkback Forum. They may include chatter about racing matters, issues relating to the website, sporting conversation, betting matters and more. Please be aware that Racing And Sports now moderates Talkback to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to. The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing And Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users.

Latest Posts