Edward Manifold Stakes

willow15
Its hard to take this race seriously as a group two event when the winner runs a pathetic 1:40.14 for the 1620 metres, even allowing for the dead track and can't even break 36 seconds for the final 600 metres of such a slow pace. These are times I would expect in a maiden at Colac, not a group two event. Are this seasons 3yo fillies really this bad?
You need to Login to Post a Answer in the Forum

Craig Willaims ride was nothing short of disgraceful.

Whats with his obsession to race Sleek Chassis on the pace?

Another farcical Flemington race...I wouldn't be reading much into any of the form from this meeting. I thought Sleek Chassis would be ridden back too but I didn't think the ride from Williams was overly agressive. She just ended up there because nobody else wanted to lead and nothing wanted to be on the inside. His only other tactic would have been to pull her back and commence a run from well back out wide. Difficult difficult day.

dungbeetle,
Exactly as you claim.

Sleek Chassis in my opinion had the run of the race. It exploded from the barrier and Williams did what any good jockey would have done, got it over to the fence and then took an easy sit.

I would like to see some of these armchair jockeys actually riding a horse in a race....if they could sit on at all and I have my doubts then they would probably be to paralyzed to know what to do.

And to say Williams had a horse running on the softest part of the track is laughable as he always walks the track before the races to test where the good going is...pure ignorance on that posters part.

If "he did what any good jockey would have done", he would have, from barrier 5, grabbed hold of it and been off the speed like he was instructed to do.
"Got to the fence" then why did every other jockey, including him, want to get off the fence ?
Do you think he is the only jockey or trainer that walks a track ?
"Ignorance" I doubt that you have ridden many winners fatboy.

elle,
Fatboy! lol, you kill me.

I have ridden a few winners elle but probably never one as pretty as you.

The race was a blanket finish with a couple of hard luck stories but I think the winner will get better and better from now. She is the Oaks winner in my opinion.

Exactly, put Dunn on again!

Cheers

Hands

What about the ride of C Williams on Sleek Chassis !!! Took it to the front AGAIN after giving it no hope the previous start. Hayes when interviewed before the race said it wouldn't be ridden like that again, but he leads on it and when crossed, stays on the inside where nothing was winning from.

yes it was a pathetic race

times are supposed to get faster over the years but since MD retired we have seen slower times because the horses across the board are ordinary.

Willow, you have to remember that absent are all the Sydney 3yo fillies who arguably would have had a huge say in proceedings. Notably Camarilla, Sliding Cube, Moonboat, Mimi Lebrock, Hurried Choice. Surely they all wouldnt have flopped like Forensics has down there!

Talkback Forum

Racing And Sports offers our users the chance to get involved with spirited discussion about major racing issues on your Talkback Forum. They may include chatter about racing matters, issues relating to the website, sporting conversation, betting matters and more. Please be aware that Racing And Sports now moderates Talkback to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to. The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing And Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users.

Latest Posts