Once More Dear Friends.

gladys
Here we go again. After weeks of hearing every minute detail regarding the horse, the trainer and the jockey, the only horse that ever gets a mention is ready to commence another campaign.

It will all commence with gushing and fake anticipation by the moronic media, several interviews with the trainer and the jockey's family, friends, gardener and someone who lived next door to the strapper's uncle fifteen years ago. We will be informed that it is "picture perfect"

Next we will be given the time until race start every two minutes. All this fake concern about the crack field the great horse will be facing, what is going through the jockey and trainer's mind, the direction of the wind and a few D grade celebrity interviews.

After this, the seven stable mates and two other complete duds will assemble at the gates ready for the big show. They will all roll out of the gates into formation taking up their respective positions for a slow jog and canter. At the 200 metres, the only wfa horse in the race will roll past and then the floodgates will open.

When this is all over, the media, trainer and assembled sycophants will all sob away for the next thirty minutes. Every one then has to feel "humble" and as far as finding out what race she will next to contest, you guessed it, " the horse will tell us".

Just imagine this. Instead of these slow, one paced handicappers who could not run out sight on a dark night, imagine if we had something like Sunline, Vo Rogue or God help us, Manikato out in front setting the pace. This lot would be spread out over 400 metres before the race was half over. There would be no chasing, no sprint left, just horses completely run off their legs.

As has been said a thousand times. A good horse flattered by continually competing against complete no hoping, duds!
You need to Login to Post a Answer in the Forum

Gladys,
You say:
"I saw the tripe posted by Theking"

Talk is cheap Gladys I challenge you to discredit anything about what I posted.

And if you cant put up, then shut up & do us all a favour.

Rex

Bop Bag still sulking from when I kicked his ass.

Must suck to lose a bet in such spectacular fashion when youre so sure of yourself.

Never seen anyone walk into one so easily.

Shame you have no integrity. But kind of fun exposing you for what you are every other day in here. A clueless trolling goose.

Always good to read your descriptive views ( Right or Wrong ) Gladys.
I did expect you t give the Winx stable pacemakers a mention. Shame on you.

I'm always amused when I see Waller Cry after Winx destroys her opposition.

Bart was the same if he had a Fav Win.

Nice to hear your friendly voice again Macca. I agree, the pacemakers are unbelievable. I loved Bowman's post race comment that he has concerns about the flat spot when there is no pace but that did not occur because of a true pace.
Poor old Tom had the job of taking the sprint out of HC and when he had done that, just collapsed a la D'argento in the Cox Plate.

I don't think the Waller pacemaker in the last Cox Plate went too slow. Winx ran the 3rd fastest Cox Plate of all time. The faster two were when she set Course records.

Actually if we let the clock do the talking, Winx would have carried Kingston Town and won the Cox plate.

Champion that she is, we have to be careful comparing different era's. Track upgrades change the merits of times of yesteryear. Noted of late is the Randwick and Eagle Farm tracks are on fire since improvements and Course Records are now being set in more recent events.

I'm appreciating the Autumn carnival. Good horses make for good Racing. Can't wait for Winx to stroll in next week. What a pity the other great horses of the world avoid her.

Rex

Macca

different surface when KT won his Cox Plate. The SA was laid down in the 90s.

However they did slow down middle stages last year, and it was her slowest time of the 4 and 5lb below what she has run (under a hold) over the trip in the past.

The fact its still the 3rd quickest time since the new track was laid is only testament to her brilliance. They hardly went breakneck speed on the front end once they found their spots, its her ability to close out races that has equated to a decent overall time.

But to suggest any horse was out there running the legs out of the opposition (Benbatl ran 2nd and was on the front end all the way) is simply wrong. There was no pacemaker, just a leader, and there's one of those in every single race.

lol. I'm up with the sectionals Rex.

Actually, I thought Winx's win in the Turnbull was as good as you will see. Only a real champion wins that, the chequered passage and slow early sectionals, gave her some work to do.

I go back to Rainbird, Russia, Bernborough, Tulloch (what a great 3YO) missed over a year and came back strong.

I'm not into comparing "Champions" but have to say I have Winx on top. Overcoming the vulnerable/unsuitable 1st up Races so many times is a feat in itself.

Probably, only a length between so many Champions, truth be known.

Waller entering so many is a good thing. We don't want to see the days of 2/3 Horse racing. It isn't Winx's fault she is avoided by most with ability.

All's Good. Enjoy her, We won't see another as classy, in our time.

Macca, if you are "avoided by most with ability", what does that leave you with?

Does it mean you are just competing against horses with no ability?

The opponents on Saturday are ordinary at the WFA and good old Clapper probably will run his usual honest 2nd.
That's not Winx's fault. The door has always been open to Tourists and the prizemoney should attract. They know what fate awaits them.

Have a look at the Chipping Norton on Saturday. One horse trying to beat her and the other five making sure they keep right out of the way.

What a sad last campaign for a horse that is the best of her era. Maintaining this unbeaten sequence, running in the same tired old races against the same no hopers, just to set some type of record. She could have run in the Caulfield or Melbourne Cups. This tripe about being weighted out is nonsense. She would get a good horse's weight but still realistic to ensure a start. She could have gone in the Tancred, Australia Cup but no.

Not once has she competed in our greatest week of racing. I have already told you why she did not go overseas and you all remained very quiet on that observation.

A very good horse, best of her generation, let down sadly by stupid bragging rights.

In future years when she is discussed there will always be the caveats, who did she beat and why didn't she compete overseas if she was so good.

Gladys, "why didn't she compete overseas if she was so good."

There are many reasons, some of which I have pointed out before eg. fear of travel sickness, BUT, further to this why would you want to travel to the other side of the globe, when the prizemoney is so good here?

Cracksman, Winx's supposed equal has earned an average of approximately 25% less in prizemoney per start than Winx has in their respective careers. Using this basis as a guide, it would make as little sense as you do Gladys to have Winx racing overseas winning 25% less in prize money for their efforts.

Yeah that would be a great move Gladys what the hell its only money. Derr, why not simply stay at home and cop an extra $5 million or more in your pocket, than you would have earned if you were racing overseas.

Rex

As someone who has spoken directly with all owners, the jockey and trainer of Winx on several occasions ( I assume youre not going to be stup1d enough to challenge that statement- not again?), I can assure you everything you have said about her reason for not going overseas is completely wrong Bop Bag.

You really are a different level of clueless

Reading the tripe posted by the Parrot has brought on a massive attack of Automatonophobia.

Just when I thought the medication might be working, I saw the tripe posted by Theking and a massive attack of Coulrophobia set in.

It will be pleasant when Khap returns so that there is some unbiased, sensible posts to read.

Yeah,, well we certainly not getting them from you Glad

Rex

Agree re Turnbull.

Only the likes of Bop Bag dont understand how impressive that performance was. Their intelligence level doesnt go past proximity.

Talking to a few of the TF ppl, they suggested once you allowed for the variables, it was up there with her greatest ever performance.

Rex

Dargento pacemaker?

Her 4th Cox Plate was overall her lowest rated Cox Plate and a large reason behind that is the mid race slow down.

Something has to lead, but that doesn't make it a 'pacemaker' (think about it before responding to that quote). It was her third slowest Cox Plate and when ground conditions are taking into consideration (standard co), it was her slowest.

Why do you say things even a novice race goer would know is baloney? You just make yourself look clueless

I was reading an article the other day where the trainer of Winx was discussing the effect on connections and staff, including himself and the jockey, when Winx retires. I imagine it will also have a dramatic effect on those like Gary and The Parrot that think Winx is the greatest horse ever to race in Australia or for that matter,the World.He has suggested that counselling will probably be required and I accept this.

I think I could take it a step further for tragics like Gary and the Parrot. For a small cost, an old merry go round could be purchased from a disused fun fair and installed in a serene setting. Winx's name could be written on one of the horses and all the other horses' names could be included on the remaining horses.

As Winx just ran in the same races against the same opposition, year after year, it could be used over and over. A medley of different race calls from various races could be played over and over and as they all included the same horses, there would be no need to alter the names.

Imagine the sobbing and reminiscing that would take place when the Parrot payed us a visit to watch all those international horses compete at The Championships or The Everest. He and Gary could sob away as they recalled the battles with Red Excitement and Libran, all the time wearing their caps and waving their flags.

Call me sentimental, but I think this is a winner.

Blah blah blah, yet again.

This spurious nonsensical rant proves yet again that glad bag is the modern day King Canute fighting back the tide with his/her ‘piety’ (sic) as his/her only weapon.

Still looking for the ‘overrated’ and ‘beat nothing’ banners down by the winning post or the mounting yard after any of her wins. Won’t happen of course; it takes real bravery (sic) to sit at a keyboard and insult fellow forumites, and to come up with the same preposterous humbug week after week.

By the way I haven’t seen much of khrapper since he painted himself into a corner with his dual ‘Australian racing is a disgrace’ and ‘Australian racing is corrupt’ threads.

I reckon you’re pretty much on the same train as khrapper, glad bag - if it is a disgrace, if it is corrupt, and if one of its greats has beaten nothing, why are you betting on it?

I await your answer.

Nige

Certainly Tufnel. thanks for being an avid follower of everything that I post. Like The Parrot, you hang on every word I say.

In answer to your question, I still bet on Australian racing because I like it. I rarely back horses, I would rather lay them. I don't trust the form anymore, it is virtually irrelevant when you look at some of the results. I follow the money when it drifts and lay accordingly.

What keeps me optimistic is that there are still plenty of dills like your good self and Team Dunderhead who seem glad to part with their money.

I just had a look at the noms for Saturday.

Have a look at the Chipping Norton Stakes. Out of the ten noms, seven are from the one stable.

I wonder whose turn it is to lead this week.

Rex

And keep in mind, this is the level of intelligence youre dealing with.

22/06/2017 9:17:03 PM

"Hi WCF. I love the banter on the forum. I trust you don't take it personally, just a bit of fun"

"Anyhow, back to the stirring. Hope you back a few winners and keep up the cracking slings at me. Regards Gladys"

Rex

Bop Bag gets trousered on Moonlight Cloud so changes the topic, gets trousered on Dargento and pacemakers, so changes the subject, just like he has with everything else he has got wrong.

Pathetic. All hes doing is trolling and he cant even do that without making a d1ll of himself.

TISM - Said It Best.

Whatareya?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiHdpAVIHgo

Cheers

The only person that was seen sobbing away for the next thirty minutes after Winx's win was Gladys as she had yet again LAID the GREAT MARE.

Blah, blah blah.

So were you and your offsider there along the rails yelling ‘overrated’ and ‘beat nothing’? Of course not.

They started clapping and cheering about 250m out at Flemington. Not one contrary comment where I was.

You two could become the Judean People’s Front.

‘Splinter!!!!!!’

Nige ;-)

Hey Gladys,

How about I suggest to my ole neighbours that they sign you up to their local bowls team? They are really lovely folk but they seem to always argue about whether the milk goes into the tea before or after the tea is poured into the cup.

You'll fit right in.

Like everyone who follows racing, I love a champion and Winx is a champion. However, $1.10 is is a bit short for me but I did have $50 a place on Todman's long shot. Todman is another champion and I takes me hat off to him.

Well, you must admit, my pre race description as to how events would turn out was right on the money.

The toadyism kept going to the extent that the commercial station did not have time to show the horses' parading for the following race.

One thing that concerned me was this. If this race had been a Benchmark 70 with one stable having eight of the ten runners,including a heavily supported favourite, would authorities have wanted to know the instructions given to the other eight riders? Would it concern them that a horse that usually races back was leading at a great clip? Would they be concerned that a heavily supported horse, drawn inside, had no difficulty getting the run at its time and choosing.

I wonder if the connections of the other horses had a good cry after the race, feeling proud that they were part of an historic event?

So tell me Tufnel, who was the best 1400 metre wfa horse in that race besides the winner?

If that is too hard, who was the best wfa horse in that race besides the winner.

If that is still too hard, who is the best Aussie wfa horse she has beaten?

Dear glad bag

I really don’t care.

She’s the best I’ve seen in my 55 years.

That’s all that matters to me.

Nige ;-)

P.S. ....and $4.60 the place for khrapper’s favourite horse Egg Tart was a lovely surprise. Rolled a lot of it into the Lightning winner, who wasn’t hard to find given she’d been narrowly beaten in two of her last three starts by the best sprinter in the country - you know who I mean.

Wow! Four hundred words for KhrapperGlad to say 'I have no idea'

Rex

Fact - she has run against superior opposition than Manikato.

Fact - some of peak performances have been in high pressure races when the pace is solid from the outset.

Fact- Bop Bag is absolutely clueless. (Moonlight Cloud PR 118 in 2011......lmao.)

If you're going to troll, dont make it so easy to pull apart.

Whose facts? I doubt if you have ever heard of Manikato, let alone see him race.

Give us your authority for Manikato meeting weak opposition.

Rex

Bop Bag

You really shouldn't doubt me, that never ends well for you.

I've made the statement, if you've half a brain in your head you would probably realise by now I wouldn't make the statement without having relative information to support it.

Prove me wrong if you can. No referring to just 2 ratings from an entire season like you tried to do with Moonlight Cloud now either.

If you're too clueless to work it out for yourself, then I'll accept proof from a head of time form or the chief handicapper in Victoria (where Manikato was based).

Until then my statement stands. As good as he was, Manikato met lesser opposition than both Black Caviar and Winx.

Thanks for that Oldman. I imagine the discussions would make more sense than the drivel that I read on this forum.

Tell me. Have you got your Winx cap on and flag ready to wave?

Talkback Forum

Racing And Sports offers our users the chance to get involved with spirited discussion about major racing issues on your Talkback Forum. They may include chatter about racing matters, issues relating to the website, sporting conversation, betting matters and more. Please be aware that Racing And Sports now moderates Talkback to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to. The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing And Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users.

Latest Posts