3. Tigerrish Lodge $3694500
4. Ruby's Racing $3686500
5. Jack's Back $3642000
6. hitensile racing $3632500
7. Puzzle Of Life $3334500

Gee it's a close game huh !

10k in it for top 5

Hitensile,

Im like you, Im going ok but pulled the wrong reign having Shinn as my jockey. Kind of glad he's out now, I have to trade him.

im 1251 after the weekend

Torp

Which stable is yours ? When I asked about my last 200k you said Metal Bender and Phelan Ready... You must be going well ?

Had Fiumcino in that list...I knew he was going to bite me on the [email protected] least I had couple of dollars on him.

Happy with things so far, wish i had a paying jockey though, bloody Brown.

Sorry squid didn't see your stable results. Well done !! I missed the winner of the BMW & the Slipper. That is me done and dusted for this comp I think I will have to start looking for an outsider to win the derby & oaks to be any chance. I tipped him 4 weeks ago but I think for anyone wanting to listen Black Phiranna is a must have in the Doncater if he qualifies. Check out his run in the George Ryder, traditionally he has not handled the wet and he will get nearly 8 kilos from a lot of horses he beat on saturday.

I have been consistent but missed the winners in the big 2.

I think that pretty much puts me out of contention.

Cant believe the leading stables got both races up. Good luck to them. To good for me.

Oops, got a bit excited there, thought I'd won $3.5M with Phelan Ready, but that was the total race prizemoney. Silly me.

Anyway, still a good days work.

Great work Squid, just checked out the update and you've burst to the lead!

Some great pick ups today too, well done.

Squids Scrubbers should be nipping up the ladder after today.

About $4.4M in the kick from todays' races, thanks mainly to Phelan Ready. Mind you I loaded up, 11 of my stable ran. 8 collects.

Pity my first week was ordinary.

Had a bad feeling after I traded Theseo for Real Saga, did myself out of 200k but can't complain as having Phelan Ready has made up for it.

Good stuff Nev, Vision and Power what a great pick up for you that was, well done.

nifty Nev has had a blinder !!
Congratulations

Vision & Power would have been a nice suprise to boot

Ta Picol,

yeah was happy although didn't back vision N power. Had small investment on Phelan Ready though. might struggle this week as only 2 derby runners but will trade my most exp 2y.o's RFE, to get couple more derby runners for this week. Have Metal Bender and Roman Emperor so far.

will enjoy the live action, coming up from Melbourne with 6 mates, should be huge weekend.

Very happy with what I've got going around tomorrow. Viewed, Theseo and Zagreb in The BMW, Real Saga, Rostova and Melito in the Slipper, Gallica in the Arrowfield (or whatever they call it now) and Gallant Tess in the QOTT.

Only blot is no More Joyous, but can't have them all.

The fact that second place in The BMW and the Slipper pays more than a win in the other 3 G1's is a pretty important thing to consider in my book. Last years better SS performers quinellad one, if not both of the big two.

I have Brown also.

Debating on whether to go without a jockey or switch to Oliver. Swaying towards the latter at the moment.

On paper he appears to have the best book of rides.

Moatize out Mr Tipsy in.
Very Common Interest out Gallica in.

I have C.Brown who is suspended should i change ? any ideas to who ?

i traded out Typhoon Tracy and Mic Mac and brought in Manhattan Rain and Reward for effort. Now have 6 slipper horses with Rostova, Delago Bolt, Melito and Phelan Ready. plus Whobe, hot Danish, and Vision and Power. Hopefully can snag some good $ this week.

Good luck to evryone else

Great stuff nifty.

I bet that left you Phelan good.

Big dollars indeed.

Simon,

It was a hard decision to trade Theseo, I did expect him to line up in the BMW and I didnt have any others worth enough to trade in Real Saga.

I'll be kicking myself on Saturday afternoon, I can just feel it now....lol

The Zeebac out - Black Piranha in.
Miss Independent out - Viewed in.
Brown out - Nash in.

Cheers.

badge,

To my knowledge you are only allowed one jockey trade in the Star Stable and I think Nash has been suspended for the AJC Derby meeting.

That would mean you would have no jockey riding for you next week?

Is that your intention?

Yep, your right simon. But Brown isn't riding in the Slipper and Nash is.

Hedging a bit.

I knew what I was doing, and didn't really think Brown was going to win the derby anyway.

My record is very ordinary by the way. So it can only get better.

Cheers.

I will be putting Theseo in at the expense of More Joyous!

I've risked Theseo

Theseo out - Real Saga in
Typhoon Tracey out - Road to Rock in

Moatize out Viewed in
Typhon Tracy out Rostova in

Lance,

I must say Im not too upset to see Moatize out, I did umm and ahh about putting him in from day one and he was my 13th horse.

My problem now is that I didnt expect Theseo to line up in the BMW, I did plan on trading him for Real Saga or More Joyous depending on the barrier draw. I dont think he can get 2400m but I dont want to trade him and watch him get up..lol.

Rain could hurt a few as well.

Does anyone know what the forcast is for Sydney?

Cheers.

Rain Wednesday, showers rest of week

Thanks sobig.

The demise of Moatize has hurt my chances.

lance

Sorry, cheers as well Simon.

Thanks Sobig

She is out. Read it somewhere on the site.

Not in the noms for the Queen of the Turf this weekend.

Picol,
Nice work, only 150k off the top spot. Keep it going.

Wilks,
Is Typhoon Tracy definitely out, I thought she was going around once more?

Was reported at the weekend that Typhoon Tracey had gone to the paddock and to confrim she is not nominated for Saturday.

Picol, you might want to review Typhoon Tracy, believe gone to spell.

Week 3 Early thoughts

"Nude Running" will look at dropping Theseo & picking up viewed for the BMW.
Happy enough with Real Saga & Melito as my slipper horses.
Happy with Black Phiranna as my George Ryder horse
Typhon Tracy for Queen of the Turf
Just looking for something in the Storm Queen Stakes. I thinking Gallica but great to hear if anybody has some other thoughts.

Currently running 17th I don't think I have ever done this well in a comp like this before. Just hope I can hold on and finish in the first 50

Picol, Corey is in the paddock also.

I'm contemplating stacking the slipper. Prizemoney is paid down to 10th place and third place still pays more than 1st place in any other race bar the BMW.

Whoever can nab the winners of those two races will be in a good position.

i just picked up metal bender for 200k and Roman emporer for 150k mainly with Derby in mind for it. Tobique and Caymans too much at 750k and Rock Kingdom same.

No wonder I couldn't find it, at that price I would have passed anyway.
750k....Thats ridiculous.

it is there ~ 750k

Just been contemplating my trades and noticed Tobique is on the list, but not in alphabetical order, (at the end of the "T's")

Not sure it's worth 750 large.

Some glaring exclusions still, like no Headway, or Gathering.

Yep, I've traded with a view to the future meetings as well.

Hareeba,
It would have been a nice cheap trade too. The ones that are in the market are a little too pricey to trade for a race worth only 500 thou. Im happy enough to have only Metal Bender running for me in the Guineas.

I've traded this week with a view to the slipper.

It's a shame Tobique is not on the list!

Agreed.

Talkback Forum

Racing And Sports offers our users the chance to get involved with spirited discussion about major racing issues on your Talkback Forum. They may include chatter about racing matters, issues relating to the website, sporting conversation, betting matters and more. Please be aware that Racing And Sports now moderates Talkback to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to. The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing And Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users.

Latest Posts