Accumulate

fergz
Couldnt get the 2400m today after having the perfect run. He's too slow to be a sprinter and cant stay. Future looks very bleak for him as the handicapper will definately be catching up with him in restricted 2000m races.
You need to Login to Post a Answer in the Forum

The bloke that trains this horse, has forgotten more about training horses than we could ever wish to remember.

Frank

Greyshot

No such success for Accumulate (his only run in the MV Cup was 12th to Zipping last year).

This horse once had scope to be a topline stayer but his injury put an end to that. And the Bart Cummings factor has kept people thinking that he can return to his glory days.

He showed moderate form as a 3yo before a 3 race winning streak culminating in the St Ledger. As we know, the St Ledger is not known in recent times for producing top liners (apologies to fans of Grey Song).

After his break he came back with a hard finishing 3rd in a Caulfield Welter. This propelled him up the Cups charts.

His next run improved his scope further, and was the best of his career. He ran 7th to Lad Of The Manor in the Feehan and was beaten less than 3 lengths.

From memory, Makybe Diva ran 2nd and this race also announced the arrival of El Segundo.

However, the injury then occurred and he was out for a year.

After his return, he endured a woeful Spring (form: 66870000). Although his Autumn/Winter has seen improved form, I feel that the real potential of this horse was lost to injury after the Feehan Stakes.

While injury has plagued Accumulate its good to see the stablemate High Cee who had a similar injury recover with stem cell therapy.

Accumulate has been a plodder all along. People only liked him because of Bart.

St Leger winners make good hurdlers!!!!!!!

That was frightening

i agree with todman. i thought accumulate and mandela were terribly disappointing after having the two best runs in the race. They both were the class runners and just couldnt finish off, maybe the track or maybe peaking to early, because both their leadup runs were terrific.

Mandela and Accumulate don't have much class at all.

Of course Bart monitors this forum how else has he stayed on top for so long ?

Pre breakdown didn't Accumulate win the MV Gold Cup over 2600m ?

Dont think the track suited him today and injuries havent helped his cause,was a very promising stayer not that long ago but has gone down hill since than.

His failure had nothing to do with the distance. He proved he can stay in the St Leger.

Accumulate peaked 3 starts back and Bart needs to look at his training regime to either maintain his peak for longer or time his campaign better.

I hope Bart reads this as I think Accumulate can win a good race such as the Metropolitan.

Just in case he doesn't read this, if anyone knows how, could you please forward these comments to Bart.

For further expert advice, please post to my inbox.

He's a horse, he'd rather be in the paddock then run around in these races. Go ask him.

Talkback Forum

Racing And Sports offers our users the chance to get involved with spirited discussion about major racing issues on your Talkback Forum. They may include chatter about racing matters, issues relating to the website, sporting conversation, betting matters and more. Please be aware that Racing And Sports now moderates Talkback to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to. The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing And Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users.

Latest Posts