RUBICK

saintly1996
Tomorrow is the day we get to see if the horse matches the hype (to some extent).

If he is anywhere near as good as they suggest, then he should be winning, and winning well.

There are some wraps on a few he is up against tomorrow, so let's see if he warrants being second favourite for the Blue Diamond, a good win tomorrow and his odds will shorten even further.

Any thoughts on this guy, or are we all just going to wait and see?
You need to Login to Post a Answer in the Forum

Tough ask for this guy tomorrow, but he might just be up to it.

First time in Melbourne, hot day forecast, big field, decent opposition.

If you are already on for the BD and GS, tomorrow might just be a day to sit back and watch it all unfold. I wouldn't be rushing in to take silly odds, especially with BOM stating it is going to a scorcher.

I hope he wins and wins well, I hope he is the real deal.

Earthquake and Rubick ran identical time today under different circumstances.

The filly looked under pressure on straightening but once she worked to the lead really flattened out like a good horse. Eased a bit at the finish and with a clear margin she has the fillies covered.

Rubick didn't jump well and had to be hunted up to find the front with lots of pressure on his outside. Luckily he jumped from gate 2. If he was in say gate 10 he may have been in all sorts. They were coming from everywhere but he was very strong at the finish. Not a lot left but he held them well.

Both very impressive.

At the odds and with the weight relief for the filly I lean to her in the Diamond but he is obviously a very strong colt. Worth a motza if he wins a race like the Diamond.

Ryan hinted they might put him away after the Diamond and that the Slipper was a very long way off.

Squid,
Thanks for the prompt, I backed Rubick yesterday at 12.50 thanks to you, looks good now with it firming to 4.60.
Looks the goods to me and Ryan is a great 2 yo trainer.
Cheers
FJ

WS, nobody was getting excited about the price on offer today. We just wanted to see if the horse could live up to the hype. You could however have taken the tip provided by the stable and got a fairly decent price (gone now though) for the feature 2 year old race of the season, the golden Slipper.

Anyway, it was a decent victory, in good time, he does look an exceptional juvenile.

Anyone see Duckworth in Adel yesterday?
Last 600-33.24,400-22.22,200-11.22.

Why do people get excited about $1.30 favs?

If you lay odds on favourites you might have been excited about $1.30.

kIlLeD them, WS laid it for buckets...lol

Mohave looked very good too.
Rubick as well.
Earthquake is the one however.
Really like it.

"haven't heard any hype"

LMAO..what a clueless hominid..

Where have you been WS. Ryan's best since Snitzel and it is towelling older horses on the track

What in track work?

Lol

1st starter

56.35 for a 2YO. I remember MURTAJILL ran 57 flat as a first start 2YO but that was in October and much was made of it at the time.

This was done on a Dead track, horses don't break 57 over the RR 1000 very often and never with the sting out, 2YOs or otherwise, that was impressive!

Wind predom from the South today and strong (35/45kmh)so may have helped a little but hardly a tailwind.

Earthquake ran 56.49 on a good.

Rubick might win the diamond but can't see an encosta winning the slipper. Reckon this Mohave might be pretty good too.

Havent heard any hype.

Huge trial and wraps Saintly. Ryan's "best since Snitzel". Should be winning on Sat.

There has been a lot written about him for sure Saintly. I have read that the horse is the best 2yo Ryan has ever had, which is a big statement, he has had a few quality ones.

I have had a little speculative wager at the $12 for the Slipper, if the hype is right, may be a reasonable bet.

A long, long way to go though.

Talkback Forum

Racing And Sports offers our users the chance to get involved with spirited discussion about major racing issues on your Talkback Forum. They may include chatter about racing matters, issues relating to the website, sporting conversation, betting matters and more. Please be aware that Racing And Sports now moderates Talkback to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to. The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing And Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users.

Latest Posts