Suspended from fixed odds betting?

simon69
A leading online bookmaker has suspended me from fixed odds betting for supposed arbitrage.

You would think I must be cleaning up.

Not so, from january this year my account balance has grown by only $3000.

Follow the market movers says the CEO, just as long as you get on at rock bottom odds.
You need to Login to Post a Answer in the Forum

My opinion..

Corporates out.

All betting tote.

Sh1t yeah! I'd wish they hurry-up and ban me.

It's costing me more than catching Keef's bus.

I posted earlier about a well known professional punter. Interesting moderation given nothing that I wrote was not already in the public domain. Suffice to say that he uses commission agents to bet with on-course bookmakers and also bets on the totes.

Inffy....

My mate.. who runs his own business

The customer pay's for his losses

Is a very Heavy Punter...

He ended up moving back to his TAB Account

No longer intrested in the "Best Odds" format

Happy enuff to "put more on"

Get on a Winning Run, small extra percentage odds don't mean much

The TAB has fixed odds.. It suffices

Sean Bartholomew, a well-known professional punter (with help from his brother), uses commission agents to back with on-course bookmakers. He also bets with the totes apparently. Considerably lightened the pockets of the satchel swingers in the Brisbane ring when Hurtle Myrtle won at double fig odds over the carnival. From some reports doing the rounds his agents subsequently found they couldn't get a decent bet on.

IF (!) you believe what is in the public domain he aims for about 15%, prefers (recent) statistics over video form etc, generally avoids topweights, places a fair bit of importance on recent trainer and jockey performance, likes horses backing up within 7 days (subject to all his other criteria), may back 3 or 4 in one race......

Do professional punters really exist, and if so, how do they do it, since you lot keep telling that consistent profit at even trifling amounts is not tolerated?

Clearly they do NOT block all decent punters :)

Give it time Quez, and they will be one. IAS & Sportsbet owned by Paddy Power and Sportingbet tryig to buy Centrebet.

Hang on isn't Sportsbet and Sportingbet two different agencies...?

You would be correct semi-pro.

After posting this I did a bit of searching and it seems it's not all that uncommon to be barred or restricted.

It's not like I'm cheating or anything, just playing the game a bit too well for their liking.

Like you said Khap, I have no option but to take my business elsewhere.

Never trust a bloodnut mate.
Strikes me as the sort of bloke you'd like to hit in the schoolyard too with that smile.

BB

Didn't someone set his car on fire a little while back? An unhappy customer, perhaps?

Shu..

At least Ewe got a reason from Sportsbet

My account was just shut down... Footy Bets

Although I am still allowed to play the Fantasy Games...

Just not get access to their Betting and Pricing markets

Does the CEO in question have red hair? I know that particular bookie mentions "market movers" through their unofficial spokesperson on TVN.

How can they tell you are playing arbitrage?

3 Grand!!! They really are getting pathetic now.They definitely dont like winners Simon. Im well and truly a betfair man now.

Joe.

Didn't know anything about arbitrage betting until just now. The only thing I knew about arbitrage was that it was something Ivan Boesky did in the 1980s. Now that I have read this short but very informative piece I know something about the subject.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbitrage_betting#Arbitrage_in_practice

Are you an arb?

Has anyone read Winning on Betfair for Dummies?

My guess is that you will have been suspended from SPORTSBET. There are many of us who have been banned from fixed odds by them. Sportingbet are also prone to block internet users from accessing fixed odds although in many cases you can get around this by using the phone.

IAS Bet was the only corporate that did not ban but recently having been taken over by Paddy Power the Irish bookie have banned me from all racing.

But getting back to Sportsbet they told me that they believe that I had a faster access to on course betting moves than they did.

Gutless all of them.

Gambling organisations, pokies, bookies, TAB's etc thrive and survive on losers.

They don't want winners as their customers.

Perhaps you can let us know who this one is. Name them without naming them, if you know what I mean.

Take your business to the next business. But first ask them before you join, when they will cut you off, after what profit level ?

Customers should be able to get something in writing from them before one joins up. Have you contacted the ACCC ?

Talkback Forum

Racing And Sports offers our users the chance to get involved with spirited discussion about major racing issues on your Talkback Forum. They may include chatter about racing matters, issues relating to the website, sporting conversation, betting matters and more. Please be aware that Racing And Sports now moderates Talkback to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to. The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing And Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users.

Latest Posts