Cup Week tipping Comp.

nigeltufnel
OK folks, let's put the bickering and grandstanding aside (Yes, I'm guilty as charged) and throw a bit of extra spice into the greatest week of racing in this country, if not the world.

I love a good comp.

You have a grand ($1000) to spend on each of the four days at Flemington. Spend it as you like. If enough are interested, I'll put up a Derby Day thread Thursday night; a Cup day thread early Sunday; Oaks on Wednesday morning, and Final day early Friday. All bets for that meeting alone. Tips close at starting time of race 1 all four days. Victorian TAB dividends apply.

We could all benefit from the collective intelligence garnered from your contributions; as good a reason as any to have a crack for mine.

I'll do my level best to have results of each meeting up for all to see prior to the next one.

Who's in? Love to hear some feedback.

Nige
You need to Login to Post a Answer in the Forum

Yeah me too,

thanks Nige

sure I will have a crack - 'bout the closest I will ever get to a $1000 bet

cheers for the competition

Sounds good Nige - I'm in.

Sounds good cheers.

Nice work.
Sounds GR8.

I'm in Nige

IN

Good work Tufnel.

Can you also lay something for $1,000, instead of having to nominate a winner.

You could use the TAB price as the starting price!

Great idea Tufnel, love a comp, and even better like to hear people's thoughts on the best week for punting all year.

Count me in. Sounds great. Heading over for the cup

NZ Cup week on return, massive two weeks coming up.

About time we had another comp. Well done Nige, I'll have a bash.

jet

count me in
jet

I'll have a dip.

Cheers

I'll have a crack. Thanks

Nothing wrong with a free bet!
I'm in.

cheers,loges.

OK folks, let's put the bickering and grandstanding aside. Agree, I might go in myself.

I am contemplating having 1000 x $1 flexi trifecta's or first fours per day and there might be scratchings included in those if I select them early.

For your benefit tufnel you probably should cap the number of bets per tipster or you could be working out the results for days at a time.

Thank you for your input, Khap.

As I said, it is up to anyone who participates to spend their $1000 per day as they choose.

I am confident the overwhelming majority will respect the competition, their fellow forumites and myself as organiser enough not to behave in a manner contrary to the spirit in which the competition was created.

If that is the way in which an individual chooses to behave, so be it. I probably won't bother calculating his/her results, but I won't block them either. Behaviour such as the kind you describe needs to be on display for all to see; it says a lot more about the perpetrator than it does anyone else.

I hope the competition is a bit of a challenge, (hopefully) some fun, and (even better) a source of some useful information for all of us during Cup week.

Nige

I'm in and great to see a new comp - are exotics allowed?

Yes indeed Toddy - spend your grand each of the four days any way you like on Flemington races.

Welcome aboard!

Talkback Forum

Racing And Sports offers our users the chance to get involved with spirited discussion about major racing issues on your Talkback Forum. They may include chatter about racing matters, issues relating to the website, sporting conversation, betting matters and more. Please be aware that Racing And Sports now moderates Talkback to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to. The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing And Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users.

Latest Posts