GALAXY

Horizons
Why is this race a Group 1?

I think it's time for a downgrade to Group 2, even possibly 3.
You need to Login to Post a Answer in the Forum

Agree with you Tigerrish that Richmond have played some pretty good teams already and I think that as a Richmond supporter you could probably get good odds for them to still make the 8.
0-3 is not really a good indication of how they will go in my opinion.
It may be a long shot but I still haven't written them off just yet.

Not all pie supporters are that bad. LOL

MM

Swiss Ace ran in 3 big races in Melb. He couldnt hold form onto Sydney. That happens every season in racing. Some horses can hold form and they become champions, others drop off.

Bagging the melb form because SA lost form in Syd is just silly.

The Galaxy was an after thought race for him.

77 heads is just a loser who couldn't train a dog to sit and hates all the trainers out there who have good horses like Swiss Ace to train.

You goose, Richmond have played two teams who finished in the top three last year and the other has been touted as a top four side and have played like it.

Collingwood got beat at home by an Adelaide side full of kids, struggled to overcome the team who finished on the bottom last year and got beaten easily at home by a team they "supposedly" have the wood on in Geelong.

Richmond arent playing well but have had to tackle three quality sides who will all finish in or close to the top four.
Collingwood arent going much better either with one win.

Its round three and you're already mouthing off. No wonder the Mudpie club is the most despised in the country with dropkicks like you supporting it.

Maybe you could bring back Nanna to support you.

if danleigh stays sound, & with his new trainer, danleigh may win the all aged stakes and/or the 10000 & he will win the straddie & go on to be one of our best sprinter milers in 2009/2010.

Todman,

I would think that Waller may be eyeing off the Stradbroke as the perfect race for Danleigh, super run after a lengthy break, he was extremely well suited by the fast tempo.

Tis a pity 7th that you are a sandwich short...

For someone who claims to be a trainer, you have no idea what constitutes a class or an ordinary horse.

You had no idea how to factor into the race, which was also pointed out elsewhere that there would be a lot of pace on from the outside. You can not comprehend that because the speed was so fast early on that any horse who was up front had no hope of winning. It wouldnt have mattered even if it had of been Takeover Target instead, had he gone that fast so early he too would have hit the wall.

But you just dont get it.

And this is a thread about racing, not football so stick to the right sport stupid.

The only reason you don't want to mention football is because your football club is a joke.

It was OK to throw their name around during the pre-season wasn't it in threads that weren't relevant to the subject you hypocrite!

7th hasnt got a clue about much tigerrish, we both know that. In the intelligence stakes he's on a par with a soiled nappy.

7th,

For someone who claims they know everything, you are more along the lines of an ignorant fool.

The overall time for the Galaxy on a dead track was 63.55, with the last 600m run in 35.44. That means the first 500m was run in 28.11 from a standing start.

Now because as we have seen with your ideas about Niconero not being placed right by going to Dubai, clearly your calculator is not working too well so I'll show you.

Breaking down that first 500m, you get each 100m at 5.62s, or 200m at 11.24s, or 400m at 22.48s. And thats all from a standing start on a dead track.

It was nigh on impossible for Swiss Ace to keep going after the breakneck speed that went on early, no matter who he was racing. The fact he finished as close as he did was an excellent effort. And any mug punter would know that, but obviously a wanna-be Picnic Hamper trainer like you has no idea about times, speed and pace.

Yep, excellent effort.

Unfortunately no $$$ for the people who backed it.

Unfortunately no kudos for the people that tipped it.

All I said was, the Oakleigh Plate formline through Lucky Secret was sh!t.

The moment Swiss Ace crossed the line in 4th, I was proven correct.

All the people that berated me for saying so can climb back under their rocks.

So can you.

How's Richmond going?

Still going to finish on top of Collingwood?

Does the word petty mean anything to you?

7th,

The fact that you are still posting under two names shows how juvenile you are.

Your opinion means zip and this silly statement here proves it even further.

Wow,

Danleigh and Gold Trail. . .

Great Formline.

If it's proof it doesn't need any 'further'.

Author: s@venthheaven
Timestamp:- 9/4/2009 8:32:09 AM
Subject: Re: SWISS ACE

Beat Lucky Secret in the Oakleigh Plate who then failed in Adelaide and won a Listed race subsequent to his Adelaide run.

Form is just OK.

While the win by Nicconi was good, I wouldnt be getting too carried away with it, the race was set up for a backmarker to storm home. The three leaders went out lightning quick, too quick in fact and its evident with two of them finishing at the tail while Swiss Ace did a great job to finish where he did.

The run of the race was El Cambio, got caught up in traffic at the 250m and should have gone close to winning with a clearer run.

Shocking race.

The winner is the only horse that will ever win anything decent.

There was an Oakleigh Plater in there 7th.

Your definition of "something decent" is probably the Druin Cup 7th so I think youre being a little harsh.

In all seriousness your lack of a clue has been exposed yet again here. Swiss Ace won the Oakleigh Plate and ran 2nd in a Newmarket.

Author: camel56 Send message to this user

Timestamp:- 12/4/2009 10:30:54 PM
Subject: Re: GALAXY

In all seriousness your lack of a clue has been exposed yet again here. Swiss Ace won the Oakleigh Plate and ran 2nd in a Newmarket.

----------------------------------------------

Yes, and he is still coming in a weaker Galaxy you clown.

What does the Oakleigh Plate and Newmarket have to do with anything?

That clue that I haven't got, that you are talking about, I can see it sitting here right next to me?

I'd send you a piece as you are only a few kms away in good old Reservoir. Courier?

Author: s@venthheaven
Timestamp:- 13/4/2009 11:25:13 AM

Author: camel56 Send message to this user

Timestamp:- 12/4/2009 10:30:54 PM

----------------------------------------------

Yes, and he is still coming in a weaker Galaxy you clown.

What does the Oakleigh Plate and Newmarket have to do with anything?

That clue that I haven't got, that you are talking about, I can see it sitting here right next to me?

I'd send you a piece as you are only a few kms away in good old Reservoir. Courier?

So 7th the formline of a average 3yo race finishing 3rd over 1200m is better than an oakleigh plate win and a second in the newmarket? As pointed out no horse could have kept going at the speed they went out at. You never actually tipped anything in the race, but yes go ahead and gloat about bagging a quality horse, oh hang on no you said swiss ace was a "quality galloper". But will never win anything decent? But then after you said the winner will be the only one to win anything decent you bag its formline. Dude you seriously need to take the pills your doc has prescribed.

How much longer are you going to be around 7th? The big hammer cant be long from coming down I wouldnt think. Reservoir rofl Your stupidity is quite astounding.

Astounding that someone could spend so much time trying to find out the real identity of a complete stranger only to get it so completely wrong. Still, getting things wrong has been the story of your life.

Stick to "training" your picnic race failures buddy. Youre no good at it but at least it keeps you occupied and not pestering the real trainers.

oakleigh plate is dreadful race then?!

You are right about the pace Tigger, but the run of that race was clearly the winner. Brained them!

Kiliton is the best each way bet of the day.....currently $19.00 0n Sportsbet....second up 1 from 1

NICCONI

Sir

I always remember the year Star of Florida was favourite.

Raced at warwick Farm then.

Loved that horse - made me a lot of money - BUT - the extra step to 1200m always killed him at G1 level.

Gee he was so close.

Brings a smile - and love noticing how many track records he still holds up in Brisbane :)

I'd have to have a look at the field Proprietor beat, but if there has ever been a horse as poor quality as Kaphero second in the weights in a Galaxy, I will eat my shorts.

Sublimates year wasn't that good.

Apologies, you are correct Horse Whisperer.

It is the lowest quality field I have ever seen in this race.

Jeez I seem to be saying that a lot lately about various G1s around Australia.

Ok, didn't realise Bel Mer was out. Looks a little easier on paper then.

True to form Infidel. The Galaxy is quite often a substandard group 1. This year is definitely not an exception.

2006 race won by Proprietor definitely the worst field in recent years and not helped by the brightspark who decided to program it four days after the TJ Smith Stakes.

What about the year Proprietor won, Infy?

With all due respect Karnage, this race isnt in the same league as the Oakleigh Plate or the Newmarket for field depth and quality.

The only true G1 horse in the field is Swiss Ace and the fact that Kaphero is second top weight says enough, his best win was at Gr3 level and hasnt even competed in a Gr1 since he was 2.

Take out the toppy and it is a nothing more than an average G2 field.

Tigerish, Kaphero competed in the 2008 Manikato finishing .5l 3rd.

It's a good race in the most competitive distance bracket in Australian racing.

It has struggled to find it's right spot on the calendar.

Has found it now as evidenced by this years field which is every bit as good as the Oakleigh or even the Newmarket which was run on a track so uneven not even half the runners were given a fair chance to win the race.

I had a real good win on Gamble Me 1st up and will stick with the Gai polish applied and the female jockey up top that will ensure that it starts over the odds thanks to all the old-timers who don't rate the women in the silks.

Karnage...The record stats do the ratings ...
But give me Beadman on a horse and the ladies on [ ???]......
I believe the Newmarket was a top field ...
can't see your comparisons.

Talkback Forum

Racing And Sports offers our users the chance to get involved with spirited discussion about major racing issues on your Talkback Forum. They may include chatter about racing matters, issues relating to the website, sporting conversation, betting matters and more. Please be aware that Racing And Sports now moderates Talkback to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to. The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing And Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users.

Latest Posts