CAUFIELD CUP FIELD

joshkayll
So this is the field apparantly on TAB. Who wins and any first 4 tips?

WEEKEND HUSSLER
MASTER O’REILLY
MALDIVIAN
FIUMICINO
KIBBUTZ
NOM DE JEU
MAD RUSH
DOURO VALLEY
ALL THE GOOD
ICE CHARIOT
VIEWED
LITTORIO
RED RULER
BOUNDLESS
RIVA SAN
ZAGREB
GUILLOTINE
Emergencies
BARBARICUS
NEWPORT
RED LORD
MOATIZE

You need to Login to Post a Answer in the Forum

Littorio roving trifecta from the field for $100 should get me about 22% of divvy I think.
His win in the turnbull was good. S King knows the horse now. Good preparation against good horses. My worry was he wasn't a winner. But his breakthrough victory should carry him along way. I know he has won before but it was a while between drinks. He is in this race up to his ears, obviuos danger is Master Oreilly. Plenty of others you could entertain but from a roving trifecta point of view Littorio is a solid commodity.
Lay
Weekend Hussler
Guillotine
Zagreb

I thought Dolphin Jo was way overs at $41.
Especially when a horse like Riva San is $23

Littorio to bolt in for mine with that draw. He'l sit handy just front of mid field. doesnt need the rail. Look at his vrc derby 2nd on youtube. Got held up but should have one. Loks so dour that im worried he gonna beat Efficient in the melb cup

Excellent. My pick draws the outside. I'll assume he comes across with Maldivian - but will he settle for Craig if he's hunted up early?

This certainly throws up a lot of questions. (Thinking aloud here, folks)

Who else pushes forward?

They'll want WH fairly prominent & near the rail to give him his best chance of getting the trip. There doesn't seem to be a lot of early speed drawn inside him. I think he could get to a good possie quite easily. I also see DV in the first half dozen, and Dolphin Jo fairly prominent early.

What about the English horses? Do either of them race handy? Is it more than likely this race is a 'tune up' for both of them, and their Grand Final is on 4 November?

Is it just my perception, or is there a large number of backmarkers/run-on horses in this field?

Big Mal might get a soft lead and turn it into a sit/sprint.

My first impression is that, of the favoured runners, Boundless and WH have drawn very well.

But I'm gonna need some Panadol.

Nige

Hey Fellas, first time posting on here... had enough of reading the comments i thought i best work out how to use the bloody thing.

Can't go past the Hussler, should brain em and at around 6 bucks i'll be jumping on in a big way before every man and his dog jumps on saturday morning

RR 1, DV 3.

mor lucky 13

Guillo carpark
nom du jeu carpark

have to be good to win from out there.

Weekend Hussler
Master O'Reilly
Douro Valley
Ice Chariot
Dolphin Jo

Boxed 1st 4= $120

After the barriers!

Weekend Hussler for mine

Guillotine at the weights is an each way special.

Can anyone shed some light on the report that Nom De Jeu suffered travel sickness on the way over and how this might affect him on sat??

WEEKEND HUSSLER ,, if he draws inside 10 thanks

Think the Kelt Capital form will hold up this year...Red Ruler, Boundless and Nom Du Jeu. All performed well in Sydney in the Autumn and are excellent value

I think Nom Du Jeu if it draws well, will be very very hard to beat......

Old Whiz-bang says = Guillotine 's superb WFA runs in the lead ups and the massive weight drop has to say he is the weight special of the century..Littoria has similar WFA strength to say its another well weight and of course only a brave man would suggest W>H cant win but he was beaten a long way out when Rawhillar rode it poorly.
A great and open one aye

WEEKEND HUSSLER
MASTER O’REILLY
MALDIVIAN
NOM DE JEU
LITTORIO
RED RULER
BOUNDLESS
ZAGREB
GUILLOTINE

Take these and then go through them again after the barrier draw.

tic

Hussler
Oreilly
Littorio
D. Jo
Fingers Xed

Zagreb
Red Ruler
Guillotine
Littorio
Ice Chariot

Guillotine, the Kiwis, M.O'R.

Nige

Maybe Douro Valley will go forward again?

I can see a lot of these being too far back to win though. Does anyone have any ideas what the Euros will do?

And on another note - this field is going to have more weight for age form than the Cox Plate - virtually every runner was in WFA last start!

I'm cranky I didn't back Douro Valley last Saturday!!! I just hope he gets up again this week, I took $51 back in August

Without seeing the barrier draw
Red Ruler
Douro Valley
Nom Du Jeu
Master O'Reilly

Where is the pace in this race: Maldivian, All The Good, Mad Rush? Could be a problem for backmarkers as has been the case for most of the last 11 years.

Tontonan

There does look to be a lack of pace which might assist Maldivian run better (but not win?).

But being the Caulfield Cup, can't imagine it not being truly run.

I do like Douro Valley and Guillotine. They're the 2 I'm backing. Both at $18 dollars too for me, so I'm happy with the price.

Good Luck everyone having a bet!

Boundless
Red Ruler
Littorio
Guillotine
Mad Rush
Ice Chariot

Boxed tri 50% = $60

Think you might be on struggle street trying to get the Tri without Master'O in it.

VaD

"Think you might be on struggle street trying to get the Tri without Master'O in it."

VaD

Maybe Vad but I have a nice healthy bank from landing the Toorak tri so more than happy to take a chance, can't pick them all.

Tru Danc can't put them all in good luck mate.

VaD

I'm only counting 17 in that field. Isn't the limit 18 ?

The first thing that strikes me about this field is an apparent lack of pace.

Last year Cinque Cento and Annenkov made the running and Master O'Reilly won in 2.26.15.

But this year who will cut the breeze ? Who will carry this field along at a pace sufficient to bring the backmarkers into the game ?

Its not just academic. Its the key to finding the winner.

Pre barriers, I'll tip Nom De Jeu.

Looking for novelties, probably want to look at the likes of Guillotine, Hussler, Littorio, Red Ruler.

BMW CAULFIELD CUP (2400m)

1 WEEKEND HUSSLER Brad Rawiller 57
2 MALDIVIAN (NZ) Michael Rodd 56.5
3 MASTER O'REILLY (NZ) Vlad Duric 56.5
4 FIUMICINO (NZ) 56
5 KIBBUTZ (NZ) Nash Rawiller 55.5
6 NOM DU JEU (NZ) Jeff Lloyd 55.5
7 MAD RUSH (USA) Damien Oliver 55
8 ALL THE GOOD (IRE) Kerrin McEvoy 54.5
9 DOURO VALLEY James Winks 54.5
10 ICE CHARIOT Glyn Schofield 54.5
11 VIEWED Blake Shinn 54.5
12 LITTORIO Steven King 54
13 RED RULER (NZ) Corey Brown 54
14 BOUNDLESS (NZ) Dwayne Dunn 53.5
15 DOLPHIN JO Claire Lindop 53
16 RIVA SAN Luke Nolen 53
17 ZAGREB Glen Boss 52
18 GUILLOTINE (NZ) Craig Williams 51.5
19 BARBARICUS [1st emg] 52
20 NEWPORT [2nd Emg] Peter Wells (a) 53
21 RED LORD [3rd Emg] 53
22 MOATIZE [4th Emg] Chris Symons 51.5

Hussler is the best weighted horse in the race. I've gotta have something on him. 7 time Group 1 winner and was going away from them over 1800m. Had a poor run last start. Saintly couldnt win the Craven Stakes at 13/4 on and couldn't win the Metrop either. I'll give the current champ another chance. 1 kilo more than Fiumicino, 2.5 more than DV, 4 more than Dolphin Jo. Yeah, that's well weighted!

I would back Guillotine to beat Hussler with weights of 51.5kg to 57kg in a 1600m race, Hussler's best distance.

But not if he had barrier 21.

"I would back Guillotine to beat Hussler with weights of 51.5kg to 57kg in a 1600m race, Hussler's best distance. "

That's probably the best distance for both of them. Neither of them have won past 1900m.

It's funny a few weeks ago when Guillo was 20/1, Infidel was talking him down. Now at 6/1 he's talking him up.

1 Weekend Hussler (Ross McDonald) B Rawiller 57.0
3 Master O'Reilly (Danny O'Brien) V Duric 56.5 13
12 Littorio (Nigel Blackiston) Steven King 54.0 10
13 Red Ruler (John Sargent) C Brown 54.0 1
14 Boundless (Stephen Mckee) D Dunn 53.5 6
17 Zagreb (David Hayes) G Boss 52.0 7

We now have 6 winning hopes.

Im sticking with Guillotine and Zagreb.

Master O'Reilly and Douro Valley for the tri.

Newport if it starts

Barriers might change all our minds yet.

Cheers.

Red Ruler

Littorio
Boundless
Mad Rush

Talkback Forum

Racing And Sports offers our users the chance to get involved with spirited discussion about major racing issues on your Talkback Forum. They may include chatter about racing matters, issues relating to the website, sporting conversation, betting matters and more. Please be aware that Racing And Sports now moderates Talkback to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to. The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing And Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users.

Latest Posts