Hindsight - Makybe Diva

seventhheaven
There has been alot of talk on the forum lately in regards to hindsight.

I saw Alcimedes make mention of Franklin Gardens and that particular horse getting pulled up out of the Melbourne Cup 100 yards from the post.

Have a look back at the horses Makybe Diva beat on that day and let me know what you guys think -

On A Jeune
Xcellent
Leica Falcon
Lachlan River
Portland Singa
Envoy
Kindjhal
Rizon
Dizelle
Demerger
Railings
Vouvray
Kamsky
Greys Inn
Strasbourg
Distinction
Umbula
Vinnie Roe
Hugs Dancer
Bazelle
Mr Celebrity

If that isn't the biggest bunch of walkers you have ever seen then I don't know what i'll do.
You need to Login to Post a Answer in the Forum

She smashed
El segundo
Elvstroem
Mummify
Fields of Omagh
Grand Armee
Railings
Xcellant
Gods Own
Australasian Record over 2000m
now that is a sign of a champ

Geez, the Day before Derby Day and some of you guys feel the need to pull a three time Melbourne Cup winner down. What the?

Exactly, Bell.

Bald Fright you imbecile,

Everyone knows that MD was outstanding. But they DID water the track three times to cater for her.

PINKLINE

That's right Pink.

And they have kept watering the track for the past three years to cover their tracks and concocted a RVL policy of track watering so that no one would catch on, and pulled the entire track up (at the cost of $12m) to destroy the evidence.

Gee I love a good conspiracy theory.

Healesville
Race 2
No 2

9 yo - 2 starts 0-0-0

I'll have Pie and Beer Park any day Merv.

Try Healseville Race 5 Number 5 son.
Should go close! Make the trip down and say hi.

but 7th, race 5 no 5 is not owned by the trainer...thought you only had an owner/trainer licence...

Ah yes, Merv it is.

Conflicted,

Come and say hi on Saturday.

I said I had an owner/trainers a month ago so no one would know who I was. Obviously sent you on a wild goose chase looking through the Acceptances to try and find anything that was owned and trained by the same person. Now I don't really care who knows who I am. If anyone has the balls to come and talk to me on Saturday I will be saddling up Blackbook.

Welcome for a chat.

'Pie and Beer Park'

You wouldn't last five minutes in Alice Springs.

What a Spanner.

nigeltufnel,

I don't need to last at Alice Springs.

A picnic license here is equivelent to an A Grade in Alice.

Go away Merv.

wHO'S "pulling her down"?

Hey, has anyone heard why Periduki is not going around in the G2 race on the weekend?

I thought I heard someone say a few months back that was the plan?

Still sucking back the dirt through the nostrils at Pie And Beer Park?

"An ageing 7 year old Doriemus who at the time hadn't won a race for more than 12 months and as it turned out, never did win another race"

What a halfwit. Doriemus was a champion stayer and lots of 7yos have done well in big races. A 9yo won the CP for fs.

Seventh Heaven,

This is really really lame, especially at this time of year.
How are you call Vinnie Roe a walker - the horse was a super animal.
You are a poor man.

BB

I thought having a dig at the diva was a crime in Australia ??

Na mate, she still won the cox plate("only the best...") and all but beat elvis in the caulf cup. Won the turnbull, bmw, sydney cup + she carried huge weight to win her cups. Xcellent was one of the best stayers out of here in a few years. Its a shame they watered the track so much really to suit the diva but she is still a champ.

Nick from NZ

nigeltufnel,

I see no reason to be paid out upon.
I have stated this particular race was bad and most in here are in agreeance that it was.

So what's your problem?

Jeez you are a lot of nincompoops, with your endless childish tactic of trying to raise one champion by criticising another. Is this what preschool is like? I never went.

You don't like people queueing up to pay out on you; you pledge to try and make nice on another thread, and then you serve this up.

Sad.

Nige

Doriemus!

Need more be said?!!

An ageing 7 year old Doriemus who at the time hadn't won a race for more than 12 months and as it turned out, never did win another race.

Not every horse is old at 7 and winning form isnt necessarily the best form (winning at the provincials hardly compares to good Group 'non-wins')

Anyway just over a year before his Caulfield Cup placing he won the Turnbull easily, then was 4th in the previous year's Caulfield Cup and 6th in the Melb Cup (both with 58kg!), ran 5L 6th just before the first M & P placing and later on just lost a Sydney Cup to the brilliant Tie The Knot with 59kg.

Obviously On A Jeune was better

biggest myths in racing??

can i throw marasco into the nominations :)

we've 30+ hrs to do the form on 10 group races, and someone wants to talk about hindsight and a race from 3 years ago.

give me some hindsight for saturday!

Look at me everybody! Look at me everybody!

I deal with attention seeking infants all day - then you start this, seventh.

Da G Show sums it up pertfectly - how about a bit of thoughtful analysis of the premier days' racing on the Australian calendar?

But then you might not get noticed for that.

Nige

nigeltufnel,

My actual post you dill was brought up by the fact that Alcimedes who is a respected member of this forum, brought up the fact that Franklin Gardens was pulled up 100 metres from the post in this particular Melbourne Cup.

This got me investigating and when I saw the field for this race, looking at it now, it really does look bad.

This is why I commented.

Was Alcimedes also seeing attention too when mentioning this poor Melbourne Cup.

Or are you just a dunce with an obvious chip on your shoulder?

I know the last couple of months has been tough on you mate, with all the expectation of 2, 3, 4 premierships in a row, but hey, there is always next year.

The knitting needles will appear in the Kardinia Park outer again you muppet.

Like I said.

Sad.

facts are facts muppet.

The race was poor.

That's all I said.

You obviously have some sort of agenda with my good self.

You are the only one making a dill or yourself.

We are Geelong . . .

tufnel,

You have ruffled my feathers a touch.

Can you please explain to me how this thread I have started would in anyway jeopardise my pledge to make 'nice' with Lister and a few others.

This thread is solely a personal opinion and I welcome anyones comments wether they be in agreeance or opposition.

I am not calling anyone a name, abusing or anything of that nature so why do you take exception to this thread?

You lot should go back and look at the locals in all the Melbourne Cups for the last 20 years and see what you come up with.
Looking at the field heading into the race is always different to looking at it on the other side when it is discovered that most of the field didn't run out the trip. The difference we have now is that some quality horses are coming from overseas and showing us how thin our staying ranks actually are where as back in the 80's and 90's we thought we had local fields that were top notch but in reality were no different to what we would be producing these days if there were no visitors.
Get over it and be thankful the visitors are here and are helping our great race stay great.

Seventh,walkers?

Perhaps you can point out the turbo-charged superstars that lined up against Might And Power in '97.

Doriemus
Markham
Harbour Dues
Linesman
Arabian Story
Skybeau
Ebony Grove
Sapio
Grandmaster
Court Of Honour
Magnet Bay
Vialli
Always Aloof
Scrupulous
Yobro
Sunny Lane
Marble Halls
Alfa
Bonsai Pipeline
Count Chivas
Crying Game

What a goose you are!

Count Chivas,

I never said Might And Power beat anything of significance either.

I am not even talking about Might And Power, this thread is about Makybe Diva's MC, so where does Might And Power come into this?

How does this make me a goose lol?

POOR POST

Cheers
Jakman

I couldn't agree more. If the Japanese had come a year earlier they would have won just as easily. That they watered the race for her was a disgrace and makes me not want to associate with victorian racing.
She was a champion; of that there is no doubt. But in the old days she would have been given 60 and there are 5 - 10 horses over the past 10 years as good or better than her

I should also add that I hate it when people try and look for reasons to knock Makybe Diva. She won 3 in a row. It has never been done before her and won't be done after her so we should just be happy in the knowledge that we lived to see it happen. The best 2 days I've ever had at the track were her 2nd and 3rd wins. Pure excitement. The day of her 2nd I backed the winners of half of the 10 race card and walked out with a couple of grand. The day of her 3rd I didn't do very well at all but left just as satisfied because I had witnessed history.

Why doesn't someone look back and see who Think Big or What A Nuisance beat. Maybe even throw in Black Knight.

cum on hitch - the falcon was rather impessive in his lead up to the MC.

Even M&P could not get back from injury * it happens.

Agreed Seventh,

A truly shocking field 2005 apart from Xcellent, Leica Falcon, Distinction, Vinnie Roe.

Without the current quality overseas horses we have in years such as this year the Melbourne Cup would look like that every year. Look at the locals in this years race and tell me the same thing seventh.

Third and fourth had their share of ability, but I see your point.
Can't say much for many of the rest ('cept for Vinnie, who was probably past it).

johnny,

I would try and respond but I cannot sort through that mess you call a sentence.

Funny how I have been on here quite a while, years in fact and I have no seen you before yet you know that I am a 'knob'

One would think another alias perhaps?

I've divulged mine, how about you let us know yours?

Leica Falcon is/was the biggest myth to ever hit racing conversations.

Your reputation precedes you Seventh...

jmf

Yeah. I agree it was a farcical race really with the poor quality and the track being watered.

No doubt though that Clown Chivas will be in here soon telling us we are all wrong.

Sure was farcical JMF,

They watered the track three times to ensure things were just perfect for 'The Diva' thereby knocking Eye Popper out of contention. n.b. Eye Popper had smashed MD in the Tenno Sho when she couldn't go the pace.

lol Crusty. Keep banging on about Sunline - better at 3YO than Surround! Too funny.

Bald Fright,

Once again I remind you that you are not on topic. Grow a brain quickly you appallingly stupid person. Surround was an amazing 3yo filly with an incredible winning streak, no one's disputing that...and Sunline was a fantastic 3yo too. Don't mislead the forum by failing to admit your small-minded hatred of Sunline. I can tell you one thing, Sunline goes a lot better than that pride and sausage tray of yours which you try to defend with the people don't understand line. If you had been privileged enough to own the great Sunline, you'd be on here defending her obvious greatness instead of being a cutaway rail kebab chute for brains goose.

PINKLINE JONES OBE

conveniently no mention of the 58kg she had to carry over the 3200m i notice!

58kg was a top effort Bellinda, however, not as good as Sunline's all the way Doncaster win with the same weight over a more competitive distance.

seventh you are officially the biggest knob ever to enter this site. theres no point agruing with you because you say this s%#t looking for it. stop beeing a fool

Xcellent [ needed a good track] had himself watered out of it by Mr Freedmans demands for an affected track or he scratches......Why do you think the Kiwis called it a BOATRACE ..... Because it was ...
You make a good point ....ordinary outside Makybe and Xcellent aye .

The form is rubbish, but lets not delve into that. Like my arguement always is, does anyone know what ran 2nd in Phar Lap's Melbourne Cup or win in America. The 3 horses Kingston town beat in his 3 Cox Plates. I don't think anyone could without researching it. It's histpry she won 3 cups, nothing has ever done thyat before or will again.

For the record also i beleive two stars behind her , who have never got to fulfil their poetential for various reasons are Xcellent and Leica Falcon. Xcellent's win where he broke down was breath-taking.

Talkback Forum

Racing And Sports offers our users the chance to get involved with spirited discussion about major racing issues on your Talkback Forum. They may include chatter about racing matters, issues relating to the website, sporting conversation, betting matters and more. Please be aware that Racing And Sports now moderates Talkback to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to. The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing And Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users.

Latest Posts