Name assistance please

hitensile
I saw some good names last time someone asked the forum for assistance in naming their horse. Thought i'd do same.
First time into a race horse and would like come up with a smart name to throw into the ring with the other shareholders. Need some help as I can't seem to get past the "blu" part.

Murpheys Blu Boy ( Blu Tusmani ex Murphy's Arch)) - Tomber (Jeune)

(they say its pronounced with a B but silent B as in Tomb may make sense too)

So far I have..

Inner Blu
Blu Raider
Blu Prospect
First Blu
Deep Blue
Blu Vain ;)
Pinkline Blu
McGarrets Blue Boy

You can see why I need help !

(you can check him out)

http://www.stallions.com.au/sirecam/sale_view_mmps.asp?lot=1261&dam=&sire=&vendor=&Submit=Submit

...anyway thanks in advance

hit
You need to Login to Post a Answer in the Forum

Lol @ Hitensile....

Poor 'ole Quez is living proof why contraception was invented.

"Murphy's Blue Boy is a pathetic sire, should be banned from littering the gene pools with his genes..terrible terrible horse"

As you seem to be on top of every facet of the racing game (especially punting, rofl) I should let you know your quote should read.. " Murphy's Blue Boy WAS a pathetic sire" and continue to speak of him in the past tense as he died last year.

You are the original gene pool atrocity you coat-tailing Neville..

"You are the original gene pool atrocity you coat-tailing Neville.."

Just thought I would repost that little gem.

The best line I have ever read on this site. Well done hitensile.

ROFL

ROFL...you blokes have ALWAYS been carrying on like children judging by the date of this hillarious thread..

Must say though, that Infidel is bang on...Murphy's Blue Boy is a pathetic sire, should be banned from littering the gene pools with his genes..terrible terrible horse.

Khap could sire more winners than this pea heart.

That's a pity Hitensile. I see I'll have to break my own rule to back Tomboy on Sat. Byrne is back in the saddle.

Regretfully I must say this is not our horse. She is the full sister to the one we had.

However I do know a couple of people connected with Tomboy and they tipped me her last start, I missed getting on as I was o/s but they have tipped me her again this week (with confidence)

After that she goes to a 1500m race a fortnight later and if all goes well she'll be aimed at the Coolmore Classic. Go Tomboy !

The Coolmore Classic is a race i've had very good luck in the last few years starting with Regal Cheer, so here's hoping she gets there.

Amazing how different the two siblings are. Our bloke couldn't run an inch past 1000m. When we let him go he'd had 10 starts 2 wins and 2 placings. Didnt quite pay his way but the two wins he did have we got on with confidence. Still, we did have a heap of fun with him. A beautiful natured horse and blistering early speed but couldn't finish off. If someone could get into his head (that would be Kevin Frew now) I think he will win a few more. But I wouldn't be backing him at any distance greater than 1001m.

Tomber had another colt by (i think) Reset. I don't know what happened to him, possibly sold at MM Gold Coast but I remember he was a striking looking colt and fiesty as all hell. Keep an eye out for him.

*Shoot Thru Blu might go alright at Canterbury on Friday night :)

Have to thank JLJ for putting us on to her early on. Probably should have won her last 8 straight. She's usually short but apart from the two average rides by Byrne and Hellyer she's always delivered. She's a big girl so weight shouldn't stop her and the way she races she looks like 1800m won't be a problem. Terrific ride for Hitensile and co-owners.

Boo blu

TOMBOY
Starts 13

Wins 7

S/R 54%

Places 2

S/R 15%

Prizemoney $124,000

POT $10 Stake
91.5%

Owners
P R Barnes, A G Gavin, M C Tsin, Mrs J A Barnes & Mrs K Kutija.

Nice Work so far...

Race Nominations
18 Feb 12 DOOMBEN Open Handicap 1350

Ha, didnt know about this thread. Looks like it goes pretty good.

Fergz, um NO!!!!

Joe.

Worker almost nailed it

Seriuosly should get more input from Fergz ???

TOMBOY.

Looks like a good'n

Great to see

If it has no ability call it Lost Clarity's Pills. They don't do much either.

Kerrin puro sangue is portugese for

full-blood
pedigree
pure-blood
purebred
thoroughbred

LC I think i'll stay as I started the thread but feel free to take your leave from the thread thank you.

Your horse's 1/2 sister has a unusual name, Puro Sangue. She's had the 3 races at Rockhampton. I think it's Portuguese?!?!?!?

WCF, think that name is a bit long.

Maybe it could be shortened to "Pointless Blu"?

Fergz, I agree you can expect some stick on a forum but equally if you are dishing out some stick you can expect a retort... I just thought Infidels comment was a bit over the top and replied to him.. "to him" being the key words. Lost Plot Peter Hoare Carson Kressley Clarity wanted to then wade in with his usual cr@p. As I find him a know all self promoting creep, incredibly annoying as well as a hypocrite I responded to him.

A Class 1 win will do me fine so long as i'm at the track, in good health, celebrating with some friends and have a bookies ticket with a few zero's on it, bring it on.

I know MBB polarises opinion, everybody has an opinion on his ability, his breeding, how he was handled, you name it everyone has an opinion. I have my own opinion and that is its just a big four legged lottery. I just want to be involved with a colt I saw in a paddock when he was 2 or 3 months old and I'm just super pleased and appreciate that I've been given the opportunity to do so.

Oh the pain of another Lostplot rant...Spare me your life story pa-lease ! Oh and if you wouldn't mind you can save yourself the trouble of the english lesson that’s standard issue on your retorts these days.

Gloating ?? Read again you precious little thing. It was a light hearted reply to Vadim and you chose not to see the funny side of those names. Your problem dearest not mine. I try to ignore you lostplot but its hard when you are on every thread (with times stamps so its hardly detective work seeing times).

Wrong again plotty, I replied to you not infidil when I saw read your latest judgemental holier than thou piece of conveniently twisted cr@p.

Finally, and I hope it is finally, with reference to McGarret losing his temper and calling you nauseating. Thank you for this info as I can only take this as an endorsement that I have got my opinion of you right. I wouldn't be skiting about how you made a contributor like him sick and angry.

Author: lostclarity
Send message to this user

Timestamp:- 16/5/2008 10:56:58 AM
Subject: Re: JOKE OF THE WEEK

School wasn't funny for him, he spent three years in the fifth grade. They couldn't put him up his old man was in the sixth grade.

You're pathetic along with the other two, Idalou. I'll leave you to puddle in your sewer.

yesterday...

"But the central thing here is family is sacrosanct, but not to an animal like you. You’ll never see me criticise family, women, kids, parents. I’m very consistent on all that."

Only your hypocrisy is consistent lostplot.

hitensile - you shouldnt have asked the forum for input if you cannot take some stick.

In all seriousness, this horse will be lucky to graduate to a class 1.

Lostclarity, you didn't apologise to me after walking into my fist. Although clearly shaken, your bark became louder and "counter punching" (that must hurt) more vicious.

http://www.racingandsports.com.au/racing/displaymessage.asp?sum=1&mid=311448#

You've done more for the field of psychology than you realise.

And now I've been knocked out by McGeorge. It must have been some punch, I don't remember a thing.

When mcgarret referred to me as nauseating he was called to book by the guy I was genuinely praising. He was wrong. You come along all these months later and all you need to know is that he said I was nauseating and that's good enough for you. How nauseating.

When you criticise someone, you climb into your own mind to do it not their's, and how revealing it is. For your part you haven't a clue. And as I said once before the only reason you're not the last to know is because you'll never know.

Get off hitensile and don't embarrass yourself any further.

Sheesh! Looking over this thread maybe the poor horse should be called Another Pointless R & S Slanging Match :(

The name should obviously be Blue Bury.

Bob Weaver

Lost Clarity,
Evil mud....?
You been loitering around Randwick the last few weeks have you?

racing crucifixion refers to poor old Blu Boy who did nothing more than his best and the public crucified him for 'stealing' their money. Hardly the horses fault...

So here's hoping your horse is 'Murphy's Resurrection'

quite right Vad

Forum Blu ?

I Started a Blu...

;)

Now you’re gloating. So, just what is there to gloat about?

You got a lot wrong in such a short space, all because you took exception to infidel’s abuse aimed at a horse. You raised the thread from the dead to do it.

In addition to the litany of mistakes I’ve pointed out there is more. I begin work at 4.30am, I usually take a break at eight when I may or may not check R&S. Do I like to check responses to a post? Well, yes, so how does that make me different from anyone else on here?

Let’s briefly look at you. It’s more than you deserve but let’s do it anyway.

There’s all this vitriol about what I do, and don’t you know very well what I do? In the last bout of abuse, you pointed out a misdemeanor and then referred to a thread that occurred elsewhere ’19 minutes’ later. In the intervening period between now and then you pursued me through the site on three occasions that I know of. Then you referred to me as a ‘stalker’.

This time you are unusually aware that I post at 4am and that there is another post at 7am.

That’s it for me treeman. I’m usually forgiving ~ that along with apologizing, but in your case I’ll say no. Don’t read my stuff in future and see how hard it is with those hookworms moving through your system. Do hookworms have hookworms? God help anyone you go home to. Or is family just furniture to you?

LOL

Jack

Why dont you say what you really think!

I am not a pissing comp competitor Lostplot, that is you, you spend half you're life in a pissing comp with someone here. You don't write what infidil wrote without expecting a response. I took exception to his abuse aimed at the horse when its purpose was to backhand me. That is gutless, and you endorsed it which exposes the glands you are obviously missing."Barry Halls" ring a bell ? (is that why you're panties are in a twist ? You weren't bothered by the parents jibe it just gave you the chance to suck up to infidil so you can add him to the imaginary circle of cyber mates.

You are a gibbering hypocrite lostplot.

Wtf do you think you are ? You have taken it on yourself to be the site policeman, the self appointed censor and critic like some sort of cyber headmaster. You got up me for getting involved in someone else's arguments regarding your ridiculous chastising of the person who put a "fat chick" joke on the joke thread, yet you butt into other peoples arguments all the time, hypocrite. You tell Tigerish he'll suck up to everyone... LostPlot, trust me on this one, you are the biggest suck on this site bar no-one... without doubt that is your area of expertise, sucking up to your cyber "friends". I think you're short on friends in real time lostplot, this is why there are so many 4am posts and on again at 7, almost piddling yourself in excitement to see who's answered you. You are always addressing someone in your posts in the hope that they will engage you so you can demonstrate that wonderful command of english you bore us with. What a pathetic try hard. You accuse forumites of unloading too quickly but you have been forced to apologise yourself for jumping in to quick calling someone an imbecile then recanting once seeing you had got it completely wrong. Everything you accuse others of is all you ever do and you do it in a long winded, pompous, self indulgent bore-a-thons. You take pot shots at people then gutlessly deny you were sniping further demonstrating your lack of Barry Halls. Then comes the nauseating "mate this" and "mate that", after you've been chipped for taking a potshot. Get off your high horse and get over yourself you pathetic self indulgent cretin.

I’ve rarely had a pleasant exchange with infidel. These days we keep it to sport. But I wouldn’t raise his family. Not ever. You’ve done it before with a remark about my wife. Now you’ve done it with him. He’s good at that stuff but I’m not. I’ll hop into you every time you do it. It reminds me of the standards of that other reptile Mike Tyson and what he said about kids.

What did you get wrong here:
I was not bothered by the parents’ jibe; I am a policeman; I’m short on friends; It’s a forum but I intrude into arguments that aren’t mine; 4am posts are about being lonely; I apologise to suck up; I am forced to apologise; I call people ‘mate’ to suck up… You’re not very good at this are you.

And what about the absolutes in the language: ‘half your life’ ‘suck up’ repeated ‘lostplot’ repeated ‘pathetic’ ‘ridiculous’ ‘everything’… You really are quite emotional. Maybe you’re the one with the panties.

Why don’t you and mcgarret get together over the word ‘nauseating’. That’s what he said. He lost his temper too. You couldn’t make me lose my temper. I support people and I can them. It’s that simple, but don’t let that deter you. Keep diving three feet into six inch puddles.

And keep monitoring what I do. I’m on your mind, such as it is. Actually, your point of view isn’t bad often. I don’t think you’re unintelligent; at times you have a good point of view and commentary. But I wouldn’t want to know someone who can attack women and family. I’m defending that stuff; that’s what I was doing here and on the fat chick thread. Get that evil mud off the site.

But the central thing here is family is sacrosanct, but not to an animal like you. You’ll never see me criticise family, women, kids, parents. I’m very consistent on all that.

Get off and work on your next sewer project you soul-sucker.

Some of you blokes should take a moment out of your busy posting lives and try to find a sense of humour.

Wasn't this a thread searching for names for a horse??

VaD

Dill. Don't talk to me about gene pool atrocities when your parents have produced someone who would call a horse a gutless animal.

Infidel, As I've said before on this forum, never get into a pissing competition with a skunk. The remark about your parents is not on. He's done that stuff before. He seems to lack the gland that secretes embarrassment.

Yeah, well, if you are going to respond to my friendly advice like that, I feel free to tell you the truth, which I was keeping to myself, in my usual compassionate way; anyone who buys a Murphy's Blu Boy is a certified dipstick. There should be a law against that gutless animal being at stud. It is a crime against the integrity of the thoroughbred gene pool.

Kevin

Suffocating

Thank you very much to those who put in something with a bit of thought. I pulled 4 of the list.

A couple of comments were interesting, a couple just prove some people just have to be on every thread and then there is infidull... I thought you might have come up with Beyond Blu, if you haven't heard of them you may like to seek their council. Your a depressing person.

Vadim. Cheers mate, much appreciated.
S.K Squib !! your a hard task master
Fergz... Glu Factory. That effort says more about you. Good luck with any of your racing endeavours...
MoiMoi. Your a classic mate ;) I hope you eventually get one of yours through. Bluonu, your a bad bad man..
Jesaulenko. Racing cruxifiction ?? tell me more did I miss something ? I did very much like Resurrection though..

cheers hit

What about "Tomb Of Murphy"

Murphoebe Diva ;)

Wallysgonebananas

Billy Idol

From the nick name given to Raymond Shane Dye. Why?

From Sire - Blu or Error/mistake

From Dam side - she is by Jeune.

Dye made a bad error when giving up the ride on Juene in the 1994 Melbourne Cup after riding him to a close 2nd in the McKinnon on the Saturday.

Blu Tooth

Crypt closer

bubble Boy

Notasquiblikedad
Spur Mof Smurf

Killer Smurf.
Talesfromthecrypt.

Fight Club
Ice Man
Frozen
Bad Fortune
Murphy's Law

Sacre Bleu

Sky Potato
Sky Headstone
Sky Mummy
Pops Won The Cup
Colour Box

The Navy Blues

Reference to the Tomb, 'tis where I would like Carlton to be.

Tombstone Talisman

Bluey Zarsoff

if my schoolboy french serves....

Falling for Bluboy

Bluonu
My Face
Cunning Stunt
Far canal
Brazen Bits
Leica Busted

Glu Factory

Her's a thought Tomber is a french verb meaning "to Fall" so what about

Fall from le Blu

I'll throw in 'Ripples'

I have a ripper for you mate...

" Tomber La Chemise "

French - an expression meaning to get ready to work/play hard.

I love it!! and good luck with the horse.

VaD
The Peoples Champ

Considering M.B.Boy's racing crucifixion + the Dam's name, perhaps some of the following might suit:

Resurrection
Lazarus
On the Third Day
Ascension
Blue Murder

I’ve never agreed with anything that Infidel has said in the past, but his original post on this thread was spot on when he suggested choosing a name that had nothing to do with your horse’s parentage.
If you have the opportunity to own and race your own horse then why wouldn’t you want to give it a name that you think fitting rather than trying to jumble together parts of it’s sire’s and dam’s name in some kind of pointless attempt to keep the family tree intact.

The name Murphy’s Blu Boy is an atrocious one and why anyone would want to wish any part of it on another generation of racehorses is beyond me, just because the original owner of MBB had no taste in names doesn’t mean that you should feel compelled to continue his bad taste on with your own horse.
Murphy’s Blu Boy – Tomber. There’s nothing in those names that’s worth keeping, start from scratch, pick a character from your favourite book or movie, or perhaps someone from history, maybe a geographical location or famous landmark, the avenues for inspiration are limitless.
Racing is an exciting game so give your horse an exciting name rather than someone else’s recycled rubbish.

The Obvious one Tomberblu :)

If I had a horse whose parents had goofy names, I would forget about trying to make its name some cute derivation and come up with something new and unrelated.

Try tellin Frank Zappa that Infidel..

Murphys Law

Tusiblugum

Blu Bagger

Torp..

Tommy Boy

asphyxia

Blu Right Through

Bluey Grey
Shot of Blu
Bloodnut
Out of the Blu
By The Blu
Digger Blu

Roadhouse Blu's.

Blu Denim

Still got the Blu's

Tomber Raider

Good Luck

Talkback Forum

Racing And Sports offers our users the chance to get involved with spirited discussion about major racing issues on your Talkback Forum. They may include chatter about racing matters, issues relating to the website, sporting conversation, betting matters and more. Please be aware that Racing And Sports now moderates Talkback to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to. The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing And Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users.

Latest Posts