Douro Valley

seventhheaven
Tilt at the Hong Kong Vase. . .

Not bad for a lovingly labelled 'Group 3 galloper'

Some on here didn't think he deserved his place in the Yalumba, I wonder what they think of getting a start in the Hong Kong Vase.

Great stuff.

You need to Login to Post a Answer in the Forum

Lol, thanks Night Flight my pathway won't know whats hit it...lol.

Macca, the only time I go to a soup kitchen is to volunteer my time dishing up slop to mugs like you.

interesting that duoro valley is ranked 2nd on the international ratings here. hopefully he runs up to his best and is competitive in HK.

Jones,

I take it that was your long winded version of "Im going to go away and brush up on my racing knowledge"

Thats a great idea after your Surround fiasco of recent times

You're just like fungus, doesnt matter how many times you get hosed down, you keep coming back.

If Jones is going away to 'brush up' on his racing knowledge, then we should see him back here, all 'brushed up' and ready to impress by about 2025.

hahahah Jones

Farmer....Don't let these vermin rattle you .
Tigerrish / CoUNTCHIVAS have a punting History as a guide to their lot in life.
They share their time between harrassing people on here and the soup Kitchen.
One thing evident here is they attack one another if they run out of victims and they have been doing it for many years....
Parasites Parlour this joint .....take McGarret..sad soul...sniping all the time ...
See how the gutter rat handles some real stick

No worries, Mac. CoUNTCHIVAS is hilarious. Too bad we can only laugh at him rather than with him. At least this forum makes his days go faster.

Tiggerish,

Backyard Maintenance 101

I'd suggest if you are trying to get rid of a fungus (mould) by hosing it down with water; you are only encouraging its growth.

Try a bit of VC175. It works a treat on my colour-bond fences. Wet, Set and Forget is another good application.

Am I really typing this?

Cheers,
Night Flight

Nigel,sensational mate, one of the best.
Pinky,you keep making excuses for DI in the Arc,small field,no pace,had no leadup run,had problems leading in,the jockey had bacon and eggs for breakfast instead of cereal,but champions can overcome these things.Kingston Town could win 1200m>3200m,righthanded,lefthanded,small fields,large fields,fast pace ,slow pace,checks in running,he would have won on mars with a space suit.The funny thing is you say you didn't back DI in the Arc lol.cheers007

Leigh,

WRONG. Your post implies that I am producing more and more excuses for Deep Impact's Arc loss. This is simply untrue. I've never touched on Take's breakfast the morning of The Arc.

Yes champions CAN overcome obstacles. It takes a champion to overcome the obstacle of having to virtually go around an ENTIRE field to win a Tenno Sho and run a world record. It takes a champion to bounce back from a loss and go around an entire Japan Cup field to win such a prestigious race. It takes a FREAK to explode away with the Tokyo Derby in the way Deep Imact did. Might and Power in his Caulfield Cup victory level still wouldn't have lived with Deep Impact on that day.

Don't bring Kingston Town into it. He never raced overseas. Preparing a horse for an overseas assignment and an Arc is quite a big event I'm sure we'd all agree, is no easy task. The great Deep Impact was NOT the horse we saw in Japan. There were legitimate reasons for his loss and Take has ridden enough fabulous gallopers to be in a position to rate just where Impacto stands and that is a mile in front at the top of the tree.

Kingston Town is the greatest Australian horse since Tulloch. Magnificently versatile. But judging any two great horses over their shared distance range would be a more sensibe exercise.

"But judging any two great horses over their shared distance range would be a more sensibe exercise." Pinkline Jones

Oh ye correct Jones. Can you give us an example?

No...?...how about, hmm....say...

1600-2040 MV?

Thanks Cheese,

Yes 1600m to 2040m. Sunline v Northerly.

1600m - Sunline clearly
1800m - Sunline comfortably
2040m - Sunline 1999 and 2000 Cox Plate version. By panels.

PINKLINE

jmf

Lol I thought this post was about Douro Valley. Anyway why do people continually bring up Deep Impact's performance in the arc to say he is a dud. Look at the horses he had the measure of in Japan such as Ouija Board and Heart's Cry. The horse was a freak who put in one bad run overseas.

I am of the opinion it was more a bad ride than a bad run...

I agree with you Pinkline that Deep Impact is a champion but all I'm saying is that Phar Lap I think was better..

How come i ask why "Dud Impact" gets through moderation and have my post rejected yet "Dud Impact" keeps going through?!!!

WCF,
It gets through for the same reasons that Plodri Marie and Shopping Trolley get through, but I don't reckon you would have questioned those two.
Little wonder the Mods binned your ridiculous whinge.

Grow up you clown!

Great comeback, CoUNTCHIVAS. So for anyone who liked Deep Impact or appreciates champion (and near champion) racehorses you can but sputter out "but he started it" rubbish? Most people wouldnt even know about these names used for a totally unremarkable horse (but for the fact that its pathetic part-owner kept going on and on about it for years) and a horse that many would say was a lesser horse than DI.

(BTW a 60 year-old supposed horse racing fan calling one of the best horses of the past few decades some pathetic, humourless, derogatory nickname and whiles away his 'retirement' insulting all and sundry on an anonymous forum couldnt even tell a newborn to "grow up!" Great irony, old boy.)

Farmer,
If you're so sensitive that the word 'dud' offends you to the point of complaining to the Mods, then perhaps you should refrain from posting on forums altogether and stick to watching re-runs of 'The Munsters'.

What a clown.

I've grown pretty tired of chatting with these intellectually deficient, trouser tugging-numbskulls for the while. So Count, Tiggsy, Bellinda...until I start feeling like tossing you badly torn up cabbage patch dolls around the playground again, keep on throwing out that killer bait of yours, in the form of Hawkingesque analysis, Oscar Rove wit, whilst you jostle for lead retard positions in the cesspit of your collective existence.

PINKLINE JONES OBE

Bye Jones,
Come back and play some more when you're feeling better.
We had no idea you were so fragile, we'll try not to be so rough with you next time.

Bye buddy!

I will do what I can Leigh007.

My Japanese is patchy but I'm hoping to take a Japanese native with me.

Not to many tote operators speak Engrish.

Rain tomorrow night and Friday but clear and 15 on Sat Sun.

Cheers..Frank

Frank,since you're in Japan to see the big race,please post back the hype and who is most favoured.At this stage without seeing the full field,vodka and meisho samson look hard to beat,cheers007.

well mate I think that it would prove even more that Phar Lap's win was on dirt to show that he was adaptable, won with hoof problems and he actually won.. that I think seperates him Deep Impact who was a great horse but I just don't rate him against Phar Lap because he's the best Australia's ever had by far and we have had great horses

Josh,

Phar Lap's Agua Caliente win was a brilliant performance - not doubting that for one minute. My point is that we obviously didn't see the true great version of Deep Impact in his overseas run in a well established world famous European classic. Deep Impact would have had lengths on the runner up in Agua Caliente which would then logically have made the race a far more challenging assignment.

PINKLINE JONES OBE

Pinky,you must have lost a years wages on the Arc.cheers007.

Leigh,

No mate. I didn't back Deep Impact in The Arc. Just listened to the race and hoped that we would see the amazing form he had show in Japan. On the day, it just didn't happen.

PINKLINE

I was on hand to witness Deep Impact's great Japan Cup win. It was a fantastic performance.

I agree with D Woodsio, the Arc performance hangs over him and rightly or wrongly will give credit to any doubt of a greatness rating.

I'm looking forward to this Sundays Japan Cup and I will again be in attendance.

Cheers..Frank

P.S Happy for someone to tip me the winner.

If you read what I wrote, I actually stated
that Deep Impact would go down as one of the
better horses in the past 20 yrs, so im not
doubting that at all..

I wouldnt put him in the same league as
Phar Lap or Secretariat though..
Thats only my opinion..

Deep Impact looked to have every chance in
the arc, so there is a slight knock there.
Otherwise there wouldve been merit to
naming him a great, but after that - there
is too many question marks for mine.

Woodsi,

We didn't see the real Deep Impact in The Arc. Take Yutaka pointed out that the horse was pulling due to the slow pace and that's something foreign to his normal situation. Perhaps they could have addressed that potential problem in training but the Deep Impact we saw in The Arc, for whatever reason, was six lengths (conservatively) short of what we know he can do. I believe he wasn't quite right aside from the pulling factor.

So The Arc run is pretty much irrelevant. Take was keen to see him have another crack at The Arc because he knows that he was on the greatest animal in the world and he would have got revenge big time had he not been retired.

It is pretty disappointing to see people casting misjudgements re a phenomenal champion on ONE overseas run where we didn't see anywhere near the best of him clearly. If people seriously believe that he was in the same Tenno Sho and Arima Kinen 2006-type form in that race, they are kidding themselves.

PINKLINE JONES OBE

Pinky

A practical question: when you're about to watch a replay of THAT particular Tenno Sho, do you put three or four layers of Glad Wrap over your TV screen first?

Nige ;-)

Nige,

I could ask you how many layers of glad wrap you put over your Rank Arena when Viewed wins our so-called greatest race? Does one have to put glad wrap over one's screen when witnessing a phenomenal sporting performance?

PINKLINE

Dud Impact = The Ben Johnson of the Equine world, although, at least Johnson managed to win his race before being disqualified for banned substances.

Count Plod,

According to one of your older comments, you reckoned any champion that ever lost was a bit of a dud. So that would make YOU, Chivas, the biggest dud on this forum.

Deep Impact was treated for a respiratory ailment but the substance wasn't out of his system in time. The substance did NOT enhance his performance at all. If it had, he would have been first past the post under such circumstances. There was no clear intention of the Connections wanting to present a so-called drugged up horse which is the lie Count Chivas is trying to prop up.

Please explain to the forum how you can on one of your hairy paws marvel at a non champion in Veloso yet on the other hairy paw call a multi G1-winning, world-champion ranked thoroughbred, a dud?

The forumites see right through you Chivas. You're just a cut and paste-dribbling, rancorous, wombat droppings for brains, pitiful failure. But I could be wrong - Ebay probably rates you even lower.

PINKLINE JONES OBE

Jones,
You can drivel on till the cows come home buddy, but there are two things in the Dud Impact saga that you can't sugar-coat with your page after page of boring promotional rhetoric.

1. Third in a field of eight.
2. Disqualified due to banned substances.

He was a very good Japanese galloper who didn't have what it takes to conquer the world.

End of story.

hmm so if you die a painful death may I come and watch your hilarious demise? Im sure you'd love people laughing at your full-on suffering, WhattaCount.

Kingston Rule still holds the 3200m record at Flemington almost 2 decades on.

Does that make him the best two miler to have raced in the last 20 years...hardly.

Japanese racing uses mobile starts hence the fast times.

Grey,

Even allowing for that, you can be assured that Deep Impact's time adjusted to Australian timing if you like would still be the fastest 3200m time by panels and panels relating to anything recorded in Australia.

PINKLINE JONES

I'm equally as sure that Delta Blues ran an even faster time than Pop Rock in the 2006 Melbourne Cup.

You time mugs must be really impressed by NZ sprinters. They run 1 minute 7s for 1200m every summer, which makes them super sprinters, obviously.

"He ran a Tenno Sho in a world record time PROVING that he's world class."

Fatuous statement- particularly coming from a Sunline freak.

Some unit will have a big bank to put on him in the Vase, after he unloads on it in the far weaker Sandown Classic: in which he must surely be the bet of the year.

Douro Valley once fit is a top class 2000 to 2400m racehorse. He ran a narrow second in the 2007 Warrnambool Cup carrying 58Kg.He won the 2007 Naturalism defeating Maldivian when he had been flying. He followed that up with a 4th in the Underwood Stakes. He ran second in the Group 1 Caulfield Cup in 2007. This year he won the Group 1 Yalumba Stakes.
There is no fluke about this horse.

There are some people who need to declare some conflicts of interest with this horse. They need to declare the fact that they have personal disputes with some of the Douro Valley owners.

ROFL Douro Valley shooting for a Honkers win....akin to AC Lidcombe challenging River Plate.

I wish the owners of Douro Valley all the best for their exciting tilt at the Hong Kong Vase.

I also agree with what OliverFan said.

Hey Bell,

How many lengths of the straight do you think the great Adri Marie would fall short by?

PINKLINE

Just as well you'll never own a horse Crusty - imagine having a runner in the Caulfield Cup and showing at Flemington for the race! lol

LOL @ Bald Fright, the Stretch Armstrong of unfunny gags.

Don't get upset Bellinda just 'cause the great Adri had the blinding sectionals of a sedated walrus.

PINKLINE

No doubt he will start odds on like he did in the Yalumba? lol

Best of luck but Guava hit the nail on the head.

Hmm if DV is no hope then we can make a killing when he starts $5 on our totes

I suppose when you can point to the posts where you tipped the Derby winner, Cup winner or Yalumba winner then you are well qualified to start saying who could and couldn't win in Hong Kong...

Some Unit,

The ability to recognise from past experience which horses might be able to make a go of it in Honkers, is all that is required. To have been able to pick Viewed as Melbourne Cup winner is nothing but pure fluke - the horse just got home - the worst Cup winner since What a Nuisance.

Just look at examples of the class of Australasian horse that failed or won in Honkers and then see where Douro Valley fits in:

Grand Armee - failed
Fields Of Omagh - failed
Falvelon - won
Sunline - won

PINKLINE

Pinkline,

What Some Unit is saying is that regardless of whether a horse has the capacity to do well, DV is clearly not a topliner, you just never know.

As you said, flukey wins happen from time to time. Who knows what could happen in HK for DV or any other internationals from other conutries?

Hey Pink, you forgot to mention dual Hong Kong Bowl winner Monopolize. Not one of the great race horses in Australia but rather a good horse on his day yet he managed to win there twice.

Hi Mr Lister. The HK International races have come along away since the days of Monopolize & State Taj winning races there. Hell, it's come along way since Falvelon & Sunline won over there. The top line locals are a far better class horse now and, along with the Japanese, the Euros send over stonger contingents than they used to. I believe (could be wrong) that Monopolize's wins were over 1800m and it was called the HK Bowl (now the mile).

Things have come a long way over there in the past 10 years. I'm attending this year and am very excited, should be a cracking week. Wednesday night at HV, saturday in Macau & Sunday at Sha Tin - can't wait.

I notice that Viatorian (now named Fleet Command) has his first run in HK on Sunday in a class 2. Hope that he has settled in well as he showed promise here and could do well over there to a certain point.

Lister is a master of the facts and figures but I can't help think that 9 times out of 10 he fails to put them in context as demonstrated by marbines post.

It's good when you are just behind Zipping and Master O. Not bad for a country cupper.

He is barely WFA quality in a very weak period. The Yalumba win was a fluke and Pompeii Ruler was running injured.

I will be proven correct as I always am.

PINKLINE JONES OBE

'Deep Impact is not only the best horse in the world, he is one of the world's greatest ever horses period. Watch him go in the Arc next weekend.'

'Yes he really is THAT good. Take is a fine rider.....bleeding obvious and Japan will be welcoming home there first Arc winner.'

'LOL I don't think Take needs to be issued with instructions. It's quite straightforward. If he has Impacto within five lengths of Hurricane and Shirocco at the eight hundred they'd better make sure they're rugged up.'

Third in a field of eight for the 'best horse in the world' LOL , how wrong can you get? Just normal form for you though.

No matter what a peanut like Count Plod thinks, Deep Impact is as we all know one of the world's all-time greats. Based on his amazing achievents prior to The Arc, I didn't get anything wrong. And as I have mentioned to you on more than one occasion Messcherschmidt-for-brains, had the great horse been given another tilt at that race he would have most likely destroyed them just as he avenged his narrow defeat to Heart's Cry in the Arima Kinen.

Leave out DV in the Classic at your peril.

Back him in a race in Hong Kong at your peril.

Honestly who gives a flying fu*camel about Deep Impact?

Bald Fright,

Racing fans across the world who enjoy the wonders provided by remarkable thoroughbreds give a flying asterisk about the world's greatest racehorse of his time. That's WHO you dumb cluck.

PINKLINE

Dud Impact was very fortunate to have struck the smallest Arc field in history (8 runners) so was able to at least run a place.
Had he encountered an Arc field of regular size (20+ runners) there's little doubt that he'd have finished back with the cap-catchers, not that it would have mattered as he was eventually disqualified from the race for racing with performance enhancing drugs in his system.

Dud Impact was a Japanese champion and outside of Japan mainly due to his farcical Arc campaign, he is all but forgotten.

Count Plod,

Only a DOPE (Hi there you!) would continually carry on with a denigration of a great champion all because he is at war with another forumite. The small field means nothing as the 1992 Cox Plate is widely regarded as one of the greatest fields assembled. Take stated that Deep Impact was pulling during the Arc which obviously cost him energy. Had the field been larger then most likely we would have seen a faster pace and the champ would have got home.

I've already explained this to you Count, so can you kindly stop wasting forum space. And once again, the drug was NOT performance-enhancing in his case. It was to treat a respiratory problem. There were several possiblities as to why the great horse didn't perform. Given the chance he would have avenged that loss. El Condor Pasa went close and no learned race fan would suggest that ECP is anywhere near Deep Impact in ability.

If anyone is still confused as to the greatness of Deep Impact, one only has research his record and watch the replays. For a person to suggest that Impacto was only a Japanese champion - it's a fatuous suggestion. He ran a Tenno Sho in a world record time PROVING that he's world class. DI was an amazing racehorse. Just imagine what he would have done to Makybe Diva. LOL - she got annihilated by Suzuka Mambo.

Great champion.

PINKLINE JONES OBE

'Just imagine what he would have done to Makybe Diva. LOL '

Before the Arc you were imagining out loud on this site what Dud Impact was going to do to the Arc field, so please don't start with your 'imagine what' caper again as I prefer to deal in facts, and the facts are 3rd in a field of 8 and subsequent disqualification.

Sorry Count Gutless,

My preview of The Arc was based on what Deep Impact had shown and on that basis it was not an outrageous claim to believe that he was capable of smashing that field. It was an oddity that Deep Impact didn't cross the line first but for sure there were legitimate reasons and as I pointed out, he lost an Arima Kinen when expected to win but boy did he avenge that narrow loss.

I have already explained to you cretin chops that the field size doesn't necessarily equate to an easier assignment. Deep Impact raced in faster-paced races in Japan and was thus used to coming off the fast pace. He's only been beaten a half length on the line at his FIRST OVERSEAS RUN in a major European race in any case.

Racing experts (not you obviously) recognise what a great champion he was and recognise that he was a world class animal and your ignorant poorly-disguised gripe based on your jealousy of a forumite who throws you around like a rag doll anytime he likes, won't alter anything regarding the WORLD champion that was Deep Impact.

Grow up.

PINKLINE JONES OBE

Yes Deep Impacts Tenno Sho win was the greatest race track performance I have had the privilege of witnessing, from second last to first 5 and 6 deep round the turn under a hold, amazing. I think it was count chivas who was suggesting weekend hussler would win the caulfield cup so best to take his opinions with a grain of salt.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=CWBWtMahzDo&NR=1

Goodonya Axl,

Great to see someone talking sense.

What a performance it was. Seriously, that would be the most amazing run I've ever seen. Astonishing.

PINKLINE JONES OBE

Pinkline Jones,

I was on the 2nd horse Lincoln that day, it was the first time I saw the great impacto run it changed the way I think about racing.

What more needs to be said of Deep Impact’s win in the Tenno Sho Spring in 2006 than his winning time of 3m 13.4s with his last 600 metres in 33.5s. That makes his winning time a full 7 seconds faster than Viewed in the Melbourne Cup and a big deal has been made of the supposedly frenetic pace that race was run at by the Aiden O’Brien trained horses which just happens to be a fallacy if you have a close look at the sectional times.

Comparing race times from continent to
continent is pointless IMO, for example, in
NZ they often run alot quicker times than they
do in Aus, then come over here and often
fail..

Pretty sure Respect ran a quicker time in the
Perth Cup than Pop Rocks Melbourne Cup win..
Doesnt make him a better horse..

IMO the only way you can compare horses from
country to country - is if they race each
other and against other great horses..

Deep Impact to my eye looked like a champion
and I believe he was, but the argument is
still there - that he didnt beat horses outside of Japan.

Woodsi,

There is no 'argument' at all relating to whether Deep Impact stands up internationally. He had 1 run in Europe's Arc for a narrow loss/disqualification. His times and finishing sectional capability observed by astute eyes, know full well that he was a phenomenal horse. Tell me how many Aussie horses would be capable of doing what he did in the Tenno Sho? You know the answer. A big fat zero. Any horse that can round up elite quality fields in a country where the racing is of outstanding quality, and treat the opposition with contempt time and time again is obviously a world-class animal at the very least.

PINKLINE JONES OBE

Yes Jones,
What a pity Dud Impact could not have shown his Tenno Sho form at Longchamps, I guess it just goes to show how difficult it is for horses to travel outside the 'comfort zone' of their home grounds and still perform at their very best and at the highest level.
Horses the calibre of Invasor, Falbrav, Takeover Target, Vintage Crop, Media Puzzle, Starcraft, Elvstroem and Miss Andretti, to name a few, all managed to put the rigors of international travel behind them and show the world what the've got.
I guess some horses have got it all and some haven't, Dud Impact obviously did not have it all and was found wanting at Longchamps.

Count Plod,

There is no 'Longchamps' (sic) racecourse in France. It is Longchamp you goose.

That's the only thing I wanted to discuss from your post of fly-blown drivel.
I know all I need to know regarding your xenophobia-based kindergarten-level Deep Impact comments. Why don't you ring the Open Line?

PINKLINE

So you're saying Makybe Diva was a dud, Chivlas? She failed twice overseas.

Yes bozo,
I've said before that Makybe Diva was an international dud, like Dud Impact she lacked the ability to bring her best form to the world stage.
Makybe Diva = Australian Champion
Dud Impact = Japanese Champion.
Neither were 'proven' world champions.

Regarding the post of this Chivas chap...

Phar Lap wasn't a 'proven' world champion either if one wants to be PLOD-dantic. There could have been other horses in other parts of the world that we don't know about due to a number of factors preventing them from going overseas. He only raced in one country overseas.

Deep Impact WAS rated the best turf horse in the world by a respected enough authority in the world, at one point so he IS a proven world champion in at least that sense. And you've never been able to answer my question as to any other horse in the world capable of doing what Deep Impact did in The Tenno Sho. Simple reason being you're talking the brown stuff with a penetrometer reading of 10. Seriously, why this preposterous denigration of a super horse is allowed to continue is beyond me. The continuous xenophobic posts by this particular person really make a mockery of the site.

PINKLINE JONES OBE

Phar Laps more of a champ then Deep Impact mate

Josh,

Woefully incorrect. They are both great champions. You misunderstood my point. I was not knocking the great Phar Lap, merely highlighting how stupid and low class is Count Chivas' (aka Babs Cartland) anti Japanese ergo anti Deep Impact campaign.

PINKLINE JONES OBE

Oh ok sorry for that but I thought you were saying the Deep Impact was better then Phar Lap lol Deep Impact was an absolute star but not to Phar Lap level silly me

Josh,

If you think that Deep Impact wasn't a horse of Phar Lap proportions then you'd better take a good look at his replays. He was a freakazoid.

PINKLINE

Take a look at Deep Impact's Arc failure and then take a look at Phar lap's Agua Caliente victory.
That should clear thing up for you.

No comparison.

Chivas,

Deep Impact's Arc and Phar Lap's Agua Caliente are like comparing apples with oranges as events.

*One's on dirt, the other's on turf.
*One event was run over seventy years ago - the other two years ago.
*Different distances.
*The Arc an established international compared to the other one.

Hope that has cleared things up for you splosher.

PINKLINE

No Bozo, I hope it's cleared things up for you as you were the first one here to mention Phar Lap and the first one to mention Reveille Boy.
You really don't seem to have a clue what's going on around you lately, Mr Slow.

Count Plod,

I sure do have a clue what's going on. You're doing your level best to upset a thread which was meant to be devoted to the great Douro Valley. Show some respect. Getting nasty doesn't enhance your stunning array of non-points.

PINKLINE JONES OBE alsc kebab

Hey CoUNTCHIVLAS,

Is this one of yours? .....

A TWELVE-YEAR-OLD girl was more than three times the legal alcohol limit when she allegedly stole a car from a retirement home and then crashed into a fence.

Police found the stolen silver Ford wagon wedged on a cinder block under the front of the vehicle after it mounted the curb and crashed through the fence at a house in Barton St, Mt Isa, about 4am yesterday.

The right rear tyre was blown and the car had been driven on the rims.

The 12-year-old female driver recorded a staggering blood alcohol content reading of 0.172 per cent.

Read the full story at the Townsville Bulletin

LOL WCF.

Only a narrow-minded goose would draw permanent conclusions as to a horse's world class standing based on one international assignment where the best of the horse in question was not seen. If Phar Lap had been from Japan, this Count Chivas creep would have been calling him Dud Lap or something childishly similar.

DEEP IMPACT was a phenomenon.

They don't camp out at the racetrack four days in advance to see Douro Valley or Seul Amour go around.

PINKLINE

Oh yeah Count Plod,

As if Deep Impact wouldn't be able to handle Reveille Boy. LOL You are kidding. Goose.

PINKLINE

Going by Dud Impact's previous international form, it's fair to say that he would have handled Reveille Boy in similar fashion to the way he handled Rail Link.

Dud Chivas,

Deep Impact would have put eight lengths on Reveille Boy. Give yourself an uppercut goose.

PINKLINE

CoUNTCHIVAS....What are you doing here ...Tigerrish has had a bad week making a fool of himself ......Have you deserted when he needs you most ....You go quiet easily and no tips I note ....It's called hoisting the White Flag

What has DI and PL got to do with Douro Valley?

You clowns would go to a UN meeting and argue about Monopoly.

Francis Dunne, a former steward in New York -
who seen all the greats go around rated
Phar Lap the best horse he'd seen - even
higher than Secretariat and Man o'War

Deep Impact wouldnt be in their league, but
will still go down as one of the better horses
in the last 20 yrs, I wouldnt get carried away
much more than that though.

Big In Japan - Tom Waits (mule variations).

Woodsi,

Tell me the name of any horse in the last twenty years that could do what Deep Impact did in The Tenno Sho. You are joking.

PINKLINE

I wouldn't sat that any horse in the past 20 years could match Deep Impact's effort in the Tenno Sho but I think comparing him to the likes of Phar Lap, Secretriat & Man O'war is a tad harsh on him as they were absolute legends..

Josh,

Deep Impact was also an 'absolute legend'. And as someone points out, Secretariat never raced overseas.

I repeat, if you doubt the greatness of Impacto then you need to pay attention to the replays.

PINKLINE

Woodsi,

Francis Dunne may have been a fine steward and seen many of the greats but it's how one interprets the input. There are many respected film critics who fail to recognise brilliant films. Similar story. I'm not for one minute doubting Phar Lap's greatness. He was the best of his time and a world class star.

Deep Impact IS in the league of those horses you mention. If you doubt that then check out the replays. What Deep Impact achieved in less than twenty starts was astonishing. One of the world's all-time greats.

PINKLINE

Couldn't agree more Josh.

Phar Lap wasn't a 'proven' world champion?

Was the Agua Caliente run in Australia ?
I could have sworn it was run in Mexico.

What a goose you are !

Chivas,

No one suggested the Agua Caliente handicap was run in Australia.

You probably secretly believe it was run at 'Longchamps'(sic)anyway.

PINKLINE

and she twice the dud

Well done WCF, you can count.

At least to two anyway.

yep ...according to your definition Northerly and Makybe Diva (one, two) are now duds. Well done - we can file that with your Ebay theory and your lack of compassion for nuclear victims (not to mention the countless other times you act like a vulture)

'your lack of compassion for nuclear victims'

What a politically-correct little clown you are. Hiroshima was bombed and it ended the war with Japan, it was great news for Australia at the time as it meant no more Diggers being killed by the Japanese, if it makes you cry, it's because you're a goose, grow up bozo!

Count Chivas,

People politely requested you cut out the war talk that involved the horrific loss of countless civilian lives who had nothing to do with any war machinations. And that includes civilians killed on both sides of the fight. WCF inferred that thought quite clearly. This RACING AND SPORTS forum deserves better than your rubbish. If you have a callous disregard for people's lives then why don't you go visit a more appropriate site.

Repugnant behaviour.

PINKLINE JONES OBE

Corrreectt Count, Leftards are politically correct little vegemites and also are, in the main 'clowns'...

Party on!

That's the most pathetic post Ive ever read on here. You think there's jokeworthy things about mass destruction and complete disaster? My God it says so much about what a lowlife you are.

(And dont come back with this //scrap//s about how it stopped the war. I never said otherwise. But hey all that suffering was all just a hilarious joke for some sad little redneck decades later.)

WCF,
You're on the wrong site buddy, this is Racing and Sports.
Your looking for the 'Bleeding Hearts Who Want A Group Hug' site.
If you can't find it ask Jones, he'll know the Address. LOL

This Chivas character fails to understand that the forum is not interested in an insensitive commentary on wartime killings. We have a lot of free reign on this forum but there are certain limits which we all must respect.

d-Woodsio....Comparing times anywhere on any track or conditions is a very important variable ..especially to 1600. ...As you say NZ or UK tracks is true however those allowances are worth noting ...recent example was the fastest 1600 ive seen recorded on a G track in years was Alamoso..very profitable knowlege.....fastest 1600 on S going Theseo , nice one ..easily fastest final sectionals in that race All Silent [posted on here]
fastest 2400 last year MasterO'Reilly ..Duero valley 2 nd .....Waterhouse.meteor 2 track records before win over the carnival
All The Good ran smart time in his UK win before the C>C> ....M.C. runner up came out of that race to win next start ....rethink your statement as TIME is a big consideration.....ask the Olympians .....
The big problem is Race Clubs giving false track conditions .. All Silent won on a slow in my records , not the upgraded good......Zipping won on nearer to slow than the upgraded good......Its all about the comparable times of that day....Famous Roman
ran a sizzler last start ..BUT .. so did other winners on the day....All Silent ran best of day in 1400 win on an off track before winning the Emerates..on another off track..Never ending examples actually.
...God's Hand failed when fav Saturday ...BUT

Delta blues I obviously meant, but thanks guys..

Willow, Greyshot, cheers for explaining the
possible reasons as to why there is quicker
times run in NZ in Japan, ive always been
curious about the times in NZ - and why
they were quicker..

And macca, times arent everything mate, I
dont dismiss completely, but I certainly
dont punt and compare greatness of horses
around times alone.

infidel,

You have to have knowledge of the topography of the tracks to be able to compare times and I am sure that you are just as aware as I am of the substantial downhill run over the early stages of the 1200 metres course at Trentham which is the reason for the fast times that are run each year in the Telegraph Handicap as well as other sprint races there.

How many horses in Australia can run their last 600 metres in 33.5 seconds in any race, let alone at the end of a 3200 metre race as Deep Impact did.

Fine posting you make there Willow.

There are also plenty of champions that don't win races outside their own country. Deep Impact, Northerly, Lohnro, hell, I'm pretty sure Secretariat never won outside the U.S.

Heart's Cry won outside of Japan & even though he did defeat Deep Impact in the 2005 Grand Prix I'm pretty sure that we all recognize Deep Impact as the better horse (ie 2006 Grand Prix). Both horses comfotable defeated the good mare Ouija Board when they met her so it's fair to draw a line there and say that they were both "very good" horses.

Ahem, Pop Rock never won a Melbourne Cup!!!

I'm sure that they time their races differntly in NZ & Japan. I can't explain exactly what they do but it's something like they begin timing after they jump then adjust it. I'm sure that somebody here will know.

Just on Deep Impact - one of the best I have ever seen. I believe the small field in the Arc was to his detriment. His normal racing pattern was to race back in big fields in Japan, I'm sure the same would have been done if the Arc field was 16+. Alas but it wasn't and even though he may have benefited from a lead up race there, IMO, it wasn't one of Take's best rides...

Poor Infidel, Orion's Ruby gave you the Cliff Notes and you still failed the comprehension test.

We are agreeing on a lot of things lately Bell Flight.

Yes Monopolize did well with two wins in Honkers at a distance range better suited to Australian horses. Group 2 status though. Douro Valley, is aiming at a staying event which is very difficult for our stayers with their relative low class internationally, with a few exceptions of course. Douro Valley was beaten eleven thousand times before scoring in the Yalumba farce. DV has never been in the top echelon of staying stars in this country so with his overall form, wear and tear, the HK assignment is a preposterous ambition.

I will be proven correct as I always am.

PINKLINE JONES OBE

Looking at the entries for the Vase DV is up against it but who knows who will be starting?

I've never bagged douro valley before. But I don't think he is anywhere near a top wfa performer in this country. He is a solid group horse who met an average field and got the perfect run in the yalumba. He will do nothing to write home about it in the Vase. I'm disappointed because we aren't showcasing our best talent in Hong Kong. Kudos to connections for having a go, but who seriously believes he will give it a nudge?
Take the Hussler there for the mile, take whobegotyou over there for a suitable race. But wait until the next lonhro, northerly or sunline comes along to tackle the vase

Can't see anything wrong with the post.
I thought forums were to encourage debate of peoples opinions.
If they send Newitt over to ride the fav it will increase his chance .
If he wins it I will give up the punt ....I Promise

hey if niconero can run in a dubai duty free then why not douro valley

It will be a great experience for the owners and trainer to have a runner in Hong Kong............ that is until the gates open and he is beaten 2 lengths of the straight.

I think you will find that the HKJC actually pays for the horse's costs (unlike Melbourne clubs) and also for a couple of the owners' flights & accomodation.

The nomination fee is minimal (comparable to any other Grp 1 in Aust).

It would be a criminal waste of avgas flying it to HK. Why do owners take their horses great distances to races they know it is hopeless in? Happens every year at HK- I do not get it.

Seventh,
Do you ever wonder why some people fire rockets at you. Geez mate you dont half go looking for trouble do you and then you wonder why people want to argue with you. You could have easily started this thread about the horse and dropped the snipe.

Anyway, Douro Valley may well perform real well over there, hope for all concerned that he does, be a nice bonus for them. Good luck to them all.

Thanks for this post, very informative and most interesting.

I hope he runs a great race, if he goes there!!!

(Douro Valley in Mandarin means "Bamboo Legs". Strong and long to the finish!!)

kyliekwong

What a ridiculous post.

Yeh White Goodman,

The post is ridiculous because we are all excited that Douro Valley will be representing Australia In Hong Kong.

What a stupid reason for me to start a new thread.

The only dumb post is your dumb comeback you flogger.

I would have thought that the HK Vase was a very ambitious project but good luck to them. I will be there to see him if he does!

Interesting to hear Graham Begg's comments when asked if he would take All Silent to HK. He said as the horse didn't like it there before is might be a risk. He has won twice in Hong Kong - quie a few years ago with Monopolise. He said it is a very different situation today. He said when Monopolise won the class of horses was group 2 or 3. Now they are all group 1 horses from all over the world.

If Douro Valley gets an invite they should give it a go - you never know.

I hope Duoro Valley runs well in the Sandown Classic and warrants a spot in Honkers.

We seem vastly underrepresented there over the past few years after having a great few years around the time of Falvelon and Sunline.

Hope that the Cat can turn things around and maybe still make it.

Talkback Forum

Racing And Sports offers our users the chance to get involved with spirited discussion about major racing issues on your Talkback Forum. They may include chatter about racing matters, issues relating to the website, sporting conversation, betting matters and more. Please be aware that Racing And Sports now moderates Talkback to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to. The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing And Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users.

Latest Posts